Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,145 members, 7,953,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:14 PM

Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack (67648 Views)

Aloysius Ikegwuonwu Bishop Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Who Built Attacked Ozubulu Catholic Church / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by luluman: 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
ekensi01:
Police case special make i no talk their own.

Na when people don info us finish na him then come get clue to talk.
Do you want the police to talk without proper investigation?
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Okoyiboz3: 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
Princedapace:

My brother leave igbo matter for igbos.. Face yorubas who are in large numbers in South Africa doing wire wire.. It is so shameful that your musician had to sing their praise.. Wire wire has taken over yoruba land.. It is a culture now both within and outside the country.

Yoruba boys are all over Malaysia doing wire wire, they are finishing Dubai now with wire wire fraud. I can authoritatively tell u that in SA, it is known that Yoruba boys are into internet fraud.. They lead the chat, they also lead the chat in the US, UK, Australia, China, Canada, etc..they compement this with bloody ritual act known as Irapada, Oshole etc. If u see 10 yoruba men who are wealthy, 8 are bloody internet fraudstars..
Both igbos and yorubas are into illegal means of making money, the only major difference here is that igbo illegal money makers take their home and spend on properties while their yoruba coubterparts spend theirs on shopping in Dubai and other countries.. My brother, crime knows no tribe, stay away From matter wey no concern u. Remove the sand in your eyes before u remove that of others..

Before I forget, the recent news on nairaland is about how Osogbo people are living in fear because of increased ritual activities and people missing because of ritual activities.. 4 out of every 8 death in yorubaland is linked to ritualists and blood money.. I travel wella.. I'm sure u know all these too..

My post is for intelligent people. I don't think you're qualified to reply me.

10 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by burqueenx(f): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by benitwater(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
MasterChen:
Greatest duos of all time
Eric-B and Rakim Boli and Groundnut Skyzoo and Torge Havoc and Prodigy Ojukwu and Abidjan Gala and La casera Potor and crime
pigs and idiots.

5 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Princedapace(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

My post is for intelligent people. I don't think you're qualified to reply me.

My goodness!! U called ur post that attacked an entire ethnic group as intellegent post? I am ashamed of u..

5 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Youngdream1: 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
abfalkolly:

Keep misleading d gullible

I am not misleading anyone. The rate at which they were quick to conclude the reason behind the shooting calls for deeper thinking.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Okoyiboz3: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2017
Princedapace:

My goodness!! U called ur post that attacked an entire ethnic group as intellegent post? I am ashamed of u..

This is my last reply to you tonight. I'm mourning those who died for nothing they knew about.

4 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by WetinConsignMe: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
The enemy of an Igbo man is another Igbo man.

If you go round the threads concerning this church massacre, Igbo posters have blamed everyone but themselves.

They blamed the Fulani herdsmen,

Blamed the Police for not arresting the perpetrators before shooting,

Blamed the Yorubas and called us interlopers,

Blamed the Anambra Governor saying he killed the worshippers because they booed him,

Blamed the Governor's opponents claiming the opponents want to make Obiano look culpable,

Blamed the press for putting the pictures online,.

Blamed Nairaland moderators for pushing a thread that makes Igbos look bad to the front page.

They've blamed everyone but themselves and refused to tell themselves the truth. It is because of things like this that Igbo sons and daughters have refused to come back to the East.

Igbos need to stop glorifying questionable wealth and stop promoting the 'get rich or die trying' mentality.

The number of Igbos facing death sentences in Asian prisons is more than the number of worshippers killed today.

Igbo elders should begin the process of promoting legitimate wealth and entrepreneurs with verifiable means of livelihood and not shady millionaires with no history of hard work.

Which of these things doesn't equally apply to Yoruba? It's a Naija thing not just.Igbo.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Okoyiboz3: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Which of these things doesn't equally apply to Yoruba? It's a Naija thing not just.Igbo.

Keep hiding under the umbrella of 'it's happening everywhere while a genocide is wiping out innocent people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Hakeem12(m): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
PenisCaP:

Still better than ritual and skull mining ravagin YORUBA and their ODUDUWA republic.

Baddo group has been killing people in yorubaland like animals..

So im not suprise too.
STORY FOR THE GODS. You call opening fire on worshippers in church better than skull mining? You need help

4 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by KemjikaEme: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

If you go round the threads concerning this church massacre, Igbo posters have blamed everyone but themselves.

Blamed the Anambra Governor saying he killed the worshippers because they booed him,

Blamed the Governor's opponents claiming the opponents want to make Obiano look culpable,

Blamed Nairaland moderators for pushing a thread that makes Igbos look bad to the front page.

They've blamed everyone but themselves and refused to tell themselves the truth. It is because of things like this that Igbo sons and daughters have refused to come back to the East.

Igbos need to stop glorifying questionable wealth and stop promoting the 'get rich or die trying' mentality.

The number of Igbos facing death sentences in Asian prisons is more than the number of worshippers killed today.

Igbo elders should begin the process of promoting legitimate wealth and entrepreneurs with verifiable means of livelihood and not shady millionaires with no history of hard work.
Nigerian Police force is hardly a credible outfit in crime news reportage.
There are numerous instances where they render complicated and unauthentic versions of crime related case and files are closed in a matter of hours because there isn't much anyone can do about it.
What empire evidence do you have that support your comment that Igbos are prone to opening fire and slaughtering themselves?
South East Nigeria is relatively a peaceful region in Nigeria,therefore it's totally wrong to use an isolated 'complicated' case to rate how Igbos slaughter themselves.
I saw this news, became sober and thought about the innocent victim but became extremely disappointed that you and others still feel the need to make tribalistic comments.
Pathetic!

^This was my original comment to folks that were celebrating and lampooning igbos on the news of an unfortunate bloodbath case in Ozubulu.
Basically,i want to point out certain errors in what you've just written.
When is it wrong to query security agencies especially one with unimpressive track records? Some of the statements Mr Umar released doesn't blend with the whole story. It's only fair that people will ask questions and even doubt his version.
Secondly, this sort of activity hardly occur in Igboland. There may be day time robbery,kidnapping and petty crimes just like anyother part of Nigeria and around the world but never a track record of Church masscre.
It is not out of place for people to question the authenticity of the report considering the possibility of religious terrorist onslaught.
If it is truly confirmed after thorough investigations that the attackers were indigenes,then those aforementioned factors can be laid to rest.

Thirdly, Igbos don't run away from the East because of crime related activities but because of underdevelopment and the pursuit of a greener pasture.
I don't know who gave you the idea that Igbos don't return to East whenever they deem fit.
As for Crime, i am aware of the fact that Yoruba have the highest number of Fraudsters/internet scammers aka yahoo yahoo boys and incidents of ritual killings. Nobody holy pass! I find it absurd that people believe they have solutions to igbo problems but hardly concentrate on solving the problems in the various ethnic group.
It is an issue we all need to fight and conquer!

This is not time for ethnic slurs and holier than thou games. Let us invoke the humanity in us and cast our thoughts on the victims of violent crimes not just in Igboland but across Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by tragergeorge(m): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2017
PenisCaP:

Still better than ritual and skull mining ravagin YORUBA and their ODUDUWA republic.

So im not suprise too.
goat

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by 9jatatafo(m): 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
Talk2Bella:
senseless killings

RIP to those affected

I am confused. first news said about 150 people died, another 50, another 11 now 8

real source pls

A typical Nigerian news for you
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by KemjikaEme: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
LeFreakSoChic:

You are a MAD man.
Mad? Explain what you mean. Madness recognize Madness,you see?
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Tobycharles: 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
It's obvious naija area is a certified failed state, just imagine what the families of the victims are going through at the moment, while the perpetrators r working freely unbated nor brought to book.
Pls when did human precious life turned to a mere specimen of trigger experimentation?
What an height of callousness n inhumanity to humanity.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by vesemokhai(m): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

I ve spoken well

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by bongolistik(m): 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
BLACKdagger:

What have YORUBAS done about the ritual killings, Human skull minining, baddo group killing,Breast and private part rituals, internet scam.

And other attrocities Ravaging ogun state and entire yoruba land undecided
the first and faster we start doing something about the ills that others know us for, the better. If the Yorubas fail or not wanting to do something about their own ills, it shouldn't bother you. Don't wait for others to do before you do. I think it should rather be a thought promoting call or better challenge for someone to even tell us the ills in our region that we need to work on other than getting provoked and replying with aggression, unless you are trying to say that there are no ills in our region. Bury your own dead and allow others to bury their dead

4 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Smooyis(m): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
May God have mercy on departed souls.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by sonofdgods: 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
StillOn #OzobuluKilling

The questions to ask are, how did the police know it was drug people that carried out the attack even when no one was arrested and questioned??

I mean, which investigation was conducted to arrive at this conclusion within less than 2 hours after the incident

How did the drug story come about in the first place?

Is the police speculating like everyone else

Do you know the police as honest people especially in matters of this nature?

Before you come in here with tales of how you called your friend who called his friend who confirmed to you that it was a drug deal gone wrong, try answering the questions above.

Ask yourself:

Did the shooter come in shouting "we are drug people, we are here to kill 'Bishop'??

Pause and attempt those questions first. When you are done, you can now drop your comment.

Thank you.

And please, miss me with that story of "I am from Ozubulu. My mother's father's sister was also killed. Therefore, it is drug war".

I was at the scene, too. No one knew exactly what happened. Even the security guys stationed beside the church reportedly ran.Not a single person who was inside the church at the time of the attack told governor Obiano that it drug war. I was there when Senator Andy Uba came. No one told him it was drug war.

For the benefit of those with reading comprehension issue, Charles Ogbu is neither denying nor confirming that people who had issues over drug business simply chose to go killing innocent worshippers. I am asking those of you peddling the drug angle,

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

5 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by francisbiz: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Well said.
I an Igbo man but today I hide my face in shame.

Indsde Church ? Wet in I dey take laugh moslems.

2 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

This is one reason I don't like people like you. You are always twisting the narrative to suit your taste. Many Igbos have been condemning this man here on Nairaland. Go to Facebook too. Please learn when to be tribal and when not to.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by PenisCaP: 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
tragergeorge:
goat

Pig
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by KemjikaEme: 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2017
bongolistik:
the first and faster we start doing something about the ills that others know us for, the better. If the Yorubas fail or not wanting to do something about their own ills, it shouldn't bother you. Don't wait for others to do before you do. I think it should rather be a thought promoting call or better challenge for someone to even tell us the ills in our region that we need to work on other than getting provoked and replying with aggression, unless you are trying to say that there are no ills in our region. Bury your own dead and allow others to bury their dead
You are apparently the only one with this mindset which is totally different from what i've seen so far on this thread.
In my previous comments,i mentioned the need for Nigerians to acknowledge their tribal weaknesses just as they are addressing other's whores.
The impression on this thread is that Igbos own the monopoly of crime and as such,must receive taunts and mockery ironically served by people who have a fair share of same problems.
The young man you just quoted was reponding to a taunt and only implied that we should face our business and solve the problems in our society.

I will take your word and apply it to the drug and violence problem.
''If Igbos fail or not wanting to do something about their own ills, it shouldn't bother you...''

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Okoyiboz3: 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2017
ExcelNG:

This is one reason I don't like people like you. You are always twisting the narrative to suit your taste. Many Igbos have been condemning this man here on Nairaland. Go to Facebook too. Please learn when to be tribal and when not to.

I actually do not need you to like me. I'm speaking the inconvenient truth on behalf of the innocent people who were massacred today.

All I want is for these killers to be killed too and people to stop promoting criminals and doing the things that make crimes thrive.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

I actually do not need you to like me. I'm speaking the inconvenient truth on behalf of the innocent people who were massacred today.

All I want is for these killers to be killed too and people to stop promoting criminals and doing the things that make crimes thrive.

I was against your initial comment because You termed it "You Igbos" as is akin to every Nigerian on this forum.

How can you say Igbos have not condemned him? You don't want the killers to be killed more than I do. Because if You know me too well, you will understand that my motto is : YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by henryhemon(m): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
Youngdream1:
This story is not adding up. They should not cover anything. Lets say it the way it is. Fulani herdmen carried out the attack

You 're not even ashamed to say this. Only failures blame other but themselves for their misfortune. Receive sense in IJN.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Deepfreezer(m): 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
PenisCaP:

So im not suprise too.
Hahhahaaha Badoo group that has massacred all the families over their. They won't see that one and talk

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Amos87(m): 12:07am On Aug 07, 2017
Yeye report. where's the reason behind the attack
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Codes151(m): 12:37am On Aug 07, 2017
Mr Garba Umar, the State Commissioner of Police!!!
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 07, 2017
favourmic:
The house of God turn to house of drug

I believe that church is not house of God cos God we know how to protect is people

Onye ara
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by AbCompiler042: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2017
OZUBULU MASSACRE: See Photos And Profile Of "Bishop" Nnamdi Ikegwuonu (the alleged wanted man by the gunmen)... http://www.cfrmagazine.com/2017/08/ozubulu-massacre-who-is-bishop-nnamdi.html?m=1.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack by Zedoo(m): 1:06am On Aug 07, 2017
Foolish media. Something happens, instead of interviewing live eye witnesses you are talking to police.. ..

Mtchw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here- / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.