Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,311 members, 7,957,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Letter To The Church Of Smyrna (the Persecuted) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To The Church Of Smyrna (the Persecuted) (267 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Church Of Smyrna (the Persecuted) by luvmijeje(f): 10:13am On Aug 07, 2017
This is my 12th thread on the book of Revelation. I'll working on this thread live. Meaning it will take me a while to finish unlike some of my threads which I've already finished dotting the t's and i's before posting. I'm hoping for revelations.

Revelation 2:8-11

8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Smyrna (the Persecuted) by luvmijeje(f): 10:14am On Aug 07, 2017
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write

This is another level God's presence in a believer. For detailed explanation on why the letter is being directed to the angel, refer to, the Letter to the church of Ephesus on my profile page.

These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

This is another letter from the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Smyrna (the Persecuted) by luvmijeje(f): 10:14am On Aug 07, 2017
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich)

This signified a believer who took a vow of service in the Vineyard of God. They are men and women who strictly dedicated their lives to God. They don't have any other means of livelihood.

and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

My Lord and Saviour knows who are His. He knows His prophets. He knows His ministers. He knows those who are truly working for His name sake.
10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer:

This is still my Lord and personal Saviour giving warning to His prophets, to His ministers and to His other workers in His vineyards of the surely coming oppositions. Sir and Ma, you can't be truly of Christ and you won't face tribulation or be tested.

behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried

Sir and Ma, just as Adam and Eve were tested, you will also be tested. But you will have God's presence. Meaning there's another level of God's presence when a believer is going through persecution. Yes you will be tested but the grace to overcome it, He has given it to you.

and ye shall have tribulation ten days

How many days are in a year? Out of 365 days, you will be tested for 10days. Meaning the days you will go through tribulations and trials are minute compare to the gift of eternal life.

be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Christ's promises to you only if you endure to the end. Only if you remain unshaken in Him. Only if you hold on to Him.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Smyrna (the Persecuted) by luvmijeje(f): 10:15am On Aug 07, 2017
11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;

Again the role of the Holy Spirit has an upholder and a convicter. You need to hearken to the Holy Spirit in order to endure to the end.

He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

This signified that he who endures shall not be part of His final judgement on the devil and his cohorts in crime.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Smyrna (the Persecuted) by luvmijeje(f): 11:05am On Aug 07, 2017
Thread updated.

(1) (Reply)

This Clarion Call Is Our Heritage / Christian Youths Told To Engage In Politics / The Creative Realm(1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.