Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Manchester City's Patrick Vieira: I Wish I Had Played For Real Madrid - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City's Patrick Vieira: I Wish I Had Played For Real Madrid (1240 Views)

Ozil Signs For Real Madrid / Vieira To Man City? / Latest Footballnews:english Premier League Results For Matches Played Yesterday: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City's Patrick Vieira: I Wish I Had Played For Real Madrid by galatico(m): 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2010
[b]Frenchman admits his only regret is not having worn the white of Madrid.[/b]French international Patrick Vieira has admitted that he should have played for Real Madrid when he had the chance.

In an interview with So Foot Magazine, the Manchester City midfielder admitted, “Today I do not regret the career I've had, but if I could change one thing, it would probably be to go to Madrid."

The Frenchman had been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid during the end of his time with Arsenal and revealed the reasons behind his decision to reject a move to los Blancos.

"Everything seemed complicated in Madrid,” he said. "The lack of appreciation shown to [Claude] Makelele scared me. I was afraid they would turn against me, but I should have gone.”

Finally, the 33-year-old former World Cup winner heaped praise on Real Madrid’s current French midfielder Lassana Diarra.

"Lass is doing something extraordinary in Madrid and if you ask if I was better than him, I would say no.”

http://goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2010/02/11/1787081/manchester-citys-patrick-vieira-i-wish-i-had-played-for-real

Everbody wants to play for Real Madrid.

(1) (Reply)

See What A Chelsea Fan Did Outside Emirate Stadium (pics) / Who Is Worse:andy Carroll Or Fernando Torres? / Europe Latest Transfer Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.