Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt (7962 Views)

Ikpeazu Secures ₦27.4 Billion World Bank Funding For Aba Roads / BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees / Why We Won’t Enact Anti-open Grazing Law — Ogun Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Mac2016(m): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2017
swiz123:
When will this country become lenders?

You spoke my mind in a nutshell. grin grin grin
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2017
uzy65:
don't let your doubt reap you off your potentials... see details below

Get behind me, Lucifer.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by seunny4lif(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2017
shocked shocked
Debt
Debt
Debt

This man want to finish Ogun state.
Osun state never finish from debt wahala

2 Likes

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Basic123: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2017
zurich1010:

Afonjas...you are not America. You don't manufacture or build anything, and neither are you industrious. All you do is CONSUME!

You are still deluded?

you Ipod pigs(in nnamdi kanu voice) lies have been bursted here:

www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

TAKE YOUR ANTI-HYPERTENSIVE PILLS ALONG WHILE VISITING.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by prodigy24: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2017
where are the IGR billions?
I hope they have money to pay back from what they are owing anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by CarlosTheJackal: 10:50am On Aug 08, 2017
Oladimejyy:
How does it concern you?Are an Ogun being
But you comment on Rivers thread like your life depends on it. Benita27 is a Rivers girl and a Nigerian so she has the right to comment on any issues here

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 08, 2017
zurich1010:

Afonjas...you are not America. You don't manufacture or build anything, and neither are you industrious. All you do is CONSUME!

So also does your state....like most states in Nigeria.

Ogun State, by the way, does have an industrial zone that produces quite a lot of stuff. (Agbara Industrial Estate)

But , the problem with Nigeria is that we do not produce enough for mass export (which is why I hope Innoson's pact with an African govt , and Dangote's expansion into other African countries is the beginning of bigger things.)

2 Likes

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2017
prodigy24:
where are the IGR billions?
I hope they have money to pay back from what they are owing anambra state.

Nigeria does not need money in billions....we need cash in trillions.

Also...look at the terms and conditions of the loan...they should be able to pay it back (IF they are serious...knowing Nigerian leaders and loans in the past).
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
But you comment on Rivers thread like your life depends on it. Benit.a27 is a Rivers girl and a Nigerian so she has the right to comment on any issues here
You have time to reply him. grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by ajasam12: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2017
he have use all the state money to do wedding for her daughter's wedding, Wey he spent billions of naira on..
God dey watch all these politicians ooh
Na their next generation go suffer am
Me self go contest at the next election
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by webincomeplus(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2017
blackboy2star:
I just don't trust Amosun with this loan... Build unnecessary bridge along stadium and overlook asero - obantoko road.. mind you both are federal roads
Please desist from criticizing what you don't know about. Asero-Obantoko road is a Federal road. The Abeokuta-Ibadan expressway starts from Adatan junction towards Car Wash and Asero axis. That's why the state government isn't doing anything to it, especially since the FG doesn't want states to touch its roads.

Come to think of it, who in his right senses would renovate a less busier Mokola-Ilugun road and abandon Obantoko road? It's a federal road, so direct your complaints to Fashola.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Oladimejyy(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
But you comment on Rivers thread like your life depends on it. Benita27 is a Rivers girl and a Nigerian so she has the right to comment on any issues here
Are you her bf?wetin they do u sef
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by CarlosTheJackal: 11:17am On Aug 08, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Are you her bf?wetin they do u sef
Yes. Can you rest now

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Taeewo(m): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2017
Join us
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by door2(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
Mr amosun. Well doh sir. But remember u never pay teachers co_op money. Borrow..
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by blackboy2star(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
Guess you didn't read my message well before replying me... Go back and read it slowly then reply again.... smh
And for your info, is easier for him to expand obantoko road and federal government will remit the state later(APC) ask Ambode (abule egba, airport-oshodi road) are they not federal road or you think he's doing it for free? nah... Federal will pay back later

webincomeplus:

Please desist from criticizing what you don't know about. Asero-Obantoko road is a Federal road. The Abeokuta-Ibadan expressway starts from Adatan junction towards Car Wash and Asero axis. That's why the state government isn't doing anything to it, especially since the FG doesn't want states to touch its roads.

Come to think of it, who in his right senses would renovate a less busier Mokola-Ilugun road and abandon Obantoko road? It's a federal road, so direct your complaints to Fashola.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Laredojohn(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
in how many months to the end of his tenure

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
So Amosun want to borrow loan he will take along with him at the expiry of his tenure in less than two years and put the State in a state of comatose.

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by awuf2008: 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Is a good move but should allow the next administration to handle it.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by WINDSOW(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
World Bank, please dnt lend the misfortune Ogun State coordinator- Amosun. He is not prudent. He has incomplete projects defacing the state. He is indecisive and lack the capacity to turn around the beauties of Ogun State into reality. Be warned!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by uniqueogo(f): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
hmmm i laugh in french please if this people don already wan sell Nigeria they should kukuma tell us undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Sagay212: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ask the useless governor the investment they currently have in Ogun state that generates biliions? He wants to borrow so he can embezzle everything and spend of frivolous parties. No large scale agriculture no good roads, no nothing. The cocoa they claimed gave them money during Awolowo's days, they are not investing in it. Na oil money dey sweet him head, now he wants to borrow and lavish. barawo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by mogentle(m): 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ko le work, lai lai. The money will only be used for Abeokuta. Across Ogun State, it's only Abeokuta that's receiving attention. Several abandoned projects that were used to cajole us into second term. Come to Sagamu, the local government is a shadow of itself, no trunk C or inner Street road has ever been touched for repairs since Amosun'ds first term. All the roads are in very bad shape. From Sabo GRA road, Ode Lemo road, Ojumele, Alagbon mefa, Ayepe road, in fact nowhere is good to drive in the inner street. The only project in Sagamu is Akarigbo Road but has not been completed since. People are seriously angry. But why does APC govt in Ogun strangulate local govt? Many of LG apointees will complain of lack of fund from state and you'll pity them. It's highly pathetic.
You'll only hear that Ogun State have highest number of industries, Ogun has high IGR after Lagos, but when it comes to development, it seems Abeokuta is the only one meant to enjoy 100% allocation. It's so bad.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
This loan should not be allowed, but there is nothing we can do. The House of Assembly members will be settled. The Federal Ministry of Finance should not approve the loan, we cannot do anything here again, the Minister of Finance was brought to Nigeria by Amosu and made Commissioner of Finance during his first term in office.

I am frustrated as an Ogun State indigene seeing a governor mid-way to the end of his tenure taking loan part of which I am sure is to settle himself for retirement & life after office. Who will deliver us from Amosu? Nobody! Sagamu, Ode-Lemo & other parts of Remo have been converted to villages with poor roads and neglect in the provision of social amenities. This loan has nothing to do with abandonment of part of Ijebu land during this second term.

The Ijebu people should fight as one group of people to resist this logical looting. If we have endured him for two years we can as well wait till May 2019. If he likes, he can continue to withhold the installation of the new Akarigbo of Remo Land.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by omohayek: 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
While I appreciate the sentiment that's driving all the opposition to this loan, I have to say that all this opposition is extremely misguided. As Blue3k already pointed out, the loan is being offered at extremely favorable rates, and will only be released in tranches, with each new tranche being conditional on the state government complying with World Bank requirements. This is not some sort of opportunity for a jamboree of looting!

Frankly, this loan would make a lot of sense purely as a means of refinancing Ogun State's debts at much lower interest rates, even if nothing else is done with the money than using it to pay off outstanding loans which were made at higher interest rates. Do any of you who are against the loan really understand the difference a 2% rate makes as against 12% or even 22%? Do you understand the power of compound interest at all? $350 million borrowed at 2% would require repayment of $574 million after 25 years, but at 6% the repayment required would be $1,502 million, at 12% the amount due would be $5,950 million (or approximately $6 billion). In addition, even if Ogun State obtained a zero percent return on investment, at 2% interest, all it would take for the loan to remain serviceable is for the state's per-capita IGR to remain constant for 25 years, as the state population is already growing at around 2%. It would take truly terrible governance for the state to suffer both a 0% ROI and 25 years of non-growing IGR per capita at the same time - governance so bad even the ignorant likes of Fayose, Ortom and Yahaya Bello probably couldn't manage it!

In other words, while I hate the thought of a governor accumulating unserviceable debts for future generations as much as anyone, this particular loan is absolutely a no-brainer from a financial point of view.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 09, 2017
omohayek:
While I appreciate the sentiment that's driving all the opposition to this loan, I have to say that all this opposition is extremely misguided. As Blue3k already pointed out, the loan is being offered at extremely favorable rates, and will only be released in tranches, with each new tranche being conditional on the state government complying with World Bank requirements. This is not some sort of opportunity for a jamboree of looting!

Frankly, this loan would make a lot of sense purely as a means of refinancing Ogun State's debts at much lower interest rates, even if nothing else is done with the money than using it to pay off outstanding loans which were made at higher interest rates. Do any of you who are against the loan really understand the difference a 2% rate makes as against 12% or even 22%? Do you understand the power of compound interest at all? $350 million borrowed at 2% would require repayment of $574 million after 25 years, but at 6% the repayment required would be $1,502 million, at 12% the amount due would be $5,950 million (or approximately $6 billion). In addition, even if Ogun State obtained a zero percent return on investment, at 2% interest, all it would take for the loan to remain serviceable is for the state's per-capita IGR to remain constant for 25 years, as the state population is already growing at around 2%. It would take truly terrible governance for the state to suffer both a 0% ROI and 25 years of non-growing IGR per capita at the same time - governance so bad even the ignorant likes of Fayose, Ortom and Yahaya Bello probably couldn't manage it!

In other words, while I hate the thought of a governor accumulating unserviceable debts for future generations as much as anyone, this particular loan is absolutely a no-brainer from a financial point of view.

Ogun State indigenes, I can see four likes and one share as at the time I am making this posting. The likes came almost immediately the posting was made. There is no need of going through the technicalities of ROI and payback period calculations here. I know Amosun is a Chattered Accountant and consultant to some companies and state governments before becoming state governor. It is like somebody coming to argue accounting technicalities with Olusola Adekanola. You may be one of the accountants in his company. The former governor, Gbenga Daniel an engineer also took loans raising money through bond from capital market he was not as rhetorics as Amosun because of his background, he also had his way.

We are not interested in this TURECI ( me I no go school), all we know is that we don't want the loan. An incoming government in 2019 can take the loan. You almost contradict yourself by saying that part of the loan would be used to pay off outstanding loans which were made at higher interest rates. Since the money would be released gradually based on performance, how will you defend those used to pay off outstanding loans? No multilateral institutions will give you loan to service another loan obtained at higher interest rates. Their loans are always tied to developmental projects. I know, by insiders deals, once the money is obtained, you can work on the papers and digress a bit from the purpose of the loan. From your write -up, you are an insider person. Senator has almost two years left, he needs money. Ogun people (Senator Kashamu, Hon Ladi Adebutu & other Ijebu people ) should not allow him to get this end of service benefit.

The damage his neglect of Remo and other parts of Ijebu land has caused in this second term cannot be cleared before May 2019. He should go.
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by davidif: 5:28am On Aug 09, 2017

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by omohayek: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2017
babaolofin:

Ogun State indigenes, I can see four likes and one share as at the time I am making this posting. The likes came almost immediately the posting was made. There is no need of going through the technicalities of ROI and payback period calculations here. I know Amosun is a Chattered Accountant and consultant to some companies and state governments before becoming state governor. It is like somebody coming to argue accounting technicalities with Olusola Adekanola. You may be one of the accountants in his company. The former governor, Gbenga Daniel an engineer also took loans raising money through bond from capital market he was not as rhetorics as Amosun because of his background, he also had his way.

We are not interested in this TURECI ( me I no go school), all we know is that we don't want the loan. An incoming government in 2019 can take the loan. You almost contradict yourself by saying that part of the loan would be used to pay off outstanding loans which were made at higher interest rates. Since the money would be released gradually based on performance, how will you defend those used to pay off outstanding loans? No multilateral institutions will give you loan to service another loan obtained at higher interest rates. Their loans are always tied to developmental projects. I know, by insiders deals, once the money is obtained, you can work on the papers and digress a bit from the purpose of the loan. From your write -up, you are an insider person. Senator has almost two years left, he needs money. Ogun people (Senator Kashamu, Hon Ladi Adebutu & other Ijebu people ) should not allow him to get this end of service benefit.

The damage his neglect of Remo and other parts of Ijebu land has caused in this second term cannot be cleared before May 2019. He should go.
That you're too lazy or intellectually limited to understand what I wrote is your problem and no one else's, and I won't even get into your ad hominem insinuation that I must be an "insider person" of some sort, which is the kind of idiotic accusation lazy and stupid people make when faced with an argument they can't provide logical opposition to. In truth I've never worked for or with any Nigerian political party or government; maybe it's your own personal experience of selfishness that limits your vision, but some of us out in the world actually make our statements with the intention of enlightening others, not to line our pockets.

The rest of your argument is just pure nonsense borne out of whatever personal slights you've suffered in the past, and not worth wasting more of my time on.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
omohayek:

Frankly, this loan would make a lot of sense purely as a means of refinancing Ogun State's debts at much lower interest rates, even if nothing else is done with the money than using it to pay off outstanding loans which were made at higher interest rates.

Firstly, I am very sorry for not appreciating your financial analysis. Bismark Rewane , Henry Boyo & other economists have done great analysis that have sharpened my knowledge even as I agreed with you that I am not intelligent as you said(me I no go school). Majority of voters in Alagbole, Olambe, Sagamu, Ode- lemo, Aiyepe, Ijebu Ode, Waterside etc know that elites support themselves to dupe the state. The anger shows I have stepped on wounded toes.

Your view above that the loan would be used to offset those high interest loans are very good.The World Bank and the House of Rep can go ahead to release the fund based on your intellectual submission of using the loan to offset another loan to reduce the burden of servicing those loans at high interest rates.

We don't want this loan.

What I have suffered in the past & my personal experience is the looting of the state by professionals & abandonment of projects & provision of social amenities which is very clear to both indigenes & non indigenes living in the area. Three weeks ago, we picked a friend arriving from abroad from airport to Ode-lemo through Sagamu, it was a horrible experience. Returning back through another route is a story for another day. You begin to wonder if there is a government in place. Just like what we were told at Ijebu Ode, the people there said the governor is only concern about Abeokuta
Re: Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt by FKO81(m): 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
mogentle:
Ko le work, lai lai. The money will only be used for Abeokuta. Across Ogun State, it's only Abeokuta that's receiving attention. Several abandoned projects that were used to cajole us into second term. Come to Sagamu, the local government is a shadow of itself, no trunk C or inner Street road has ever been touched for repairs since Amosun'ds first term. All the roads are in very bad shape. From Sabo GRA road, Ode Lemo road, Ojumele, Alagbon mefa, Ayepe road, in fact nowhere is good to drive in the inner street. The only project in Sagamu is Akarigbo Road but has not been completed since. People are seriously angry. But why does APC govt in Ogun strangulate local govt? Many of LG apointees will complain of lack of fund from state and you'll pity them. It's highly pathetic.
You'll only hear that Ogun State have highest number of industries, Ogun has high IGR after Lagos, but when it comes to development, it seems Abeokuta is the only one meant to enjoy 100% allocation. It's so bad.
Take heart! your people enjoying living deceitful, they will come after you, Since Abeokuta look like this only God know how those areas you mentioned will look like cheesy cheesy cheesy High IGR my lovely as.s

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua / Nnamdi Kanu Is Live. Listen Here As He Exposes The Impostor In Aso Rock / Photos Of Cars Burnt As APC Thugs Clash With Igbo Traders At Dei Dei Market, Abu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.