Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

What Business Can I Use This Bus For? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Use This Bus For? (1413 Views)

What Business Can I Do With 20k? / Page1 Updated 19/5/20 Tutorial -Simple Ways I Use To Make Money Online From Home / What Business Can I Start At The University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by chiste1: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
I work on the Island from Ikotun and own this mini-van but my take home pay cannot really take me home. smiley
However, I have other streams of income that generates little amount in addition to the take home pay, but these are facing some economic challenges thereby affecting some personal urgent expenditures that needs to be made.

One thought that came to my mind after checking available tools around me for money-making, is this vehicle below.

I would like to read views from reasonable and business conscious nairalanders on what business you guys think this vehicle can be used to generate income.

The options that came to my mind are:
1. Pick passengers while going and coming back from work.
2. Source for distributors of items that might need the vehicle for delivery of their items on a door-to-door service on weekends(when I am free)
3. Venture into sales of packaged food business on weekends at locations where functions are organised.

Your sincere views are highly anticipated and if the moderators ( @dominique @naijacutee @FOD puskin ) can help project this to FP considering the urgency, I would also appreciate.

Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by LivinaPatrick(f): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
Kabukabu grin
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by chiste1: 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
LivinaPatrick:
Kabukabu grin
maybe you did not read this part of my post:
chiste1:
------- I would like to read views from reasonable and business conscious nairalanders on what business you guys think this vehicle can be used to generate income.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by blaze612(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
Taxi
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by LivinaPatrick(f): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
chiste1:

maybe you did not read this part of my post:
is kabukabu not a business?
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by sconp: 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nice ideas you got. Use to pick people when going and coming, then add the other two ideas of yours and you are good to go.
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by ogalandlord: 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
Use it for transport business, the vehicle can ply Lagos to Abeokuta, Lagos to Ibadan, Lagos to ilesha.
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by chiste1: 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
ogalandlord:
Use it for transport business, the vehicle can ply Lagos to Abeokuta, Lagos to Ibadan, Lagos to ilesha.

This option was suggested by my friend but my take on it was getting a reliable driver and also finding out the rate of returns.
Personally I am considering the option of giving it up for hire purchase after getting a good driver.
Do you mind sharing details of this business for me to consider. Especially Lagos to Ibadan and Lagos to Abeokuta?
Thanks for your candid suggestion.. wink wink
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by ogalandlord: 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
chiste1:

This option was suggested by my friend but my take on it was getting a reliable driver and also finding out the rate of returns.
Personally I am considering the option of giving it up for hire purchase after getting a good driver.
Do you mind sharing details of this business for me to consider. Especially Lagos to Ibadan and Lagos to Abeokuta?
Thanks for your candid suggestion.. wink wink

I don't know much about the rate of returns but I know that's the vehicle they use in that line of business, if you have the time you can go to a motor park loading to those destinations (Abeokuta, Ibadan) ask for the private vehicles, I believe they would be willing to answer your questions.
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by chiste1: 10:27am On Aug 10, 2017
ogalandlord:

I don't know much about the rate of returns but I know that's the vehicle they use in that line of business, if you have the time you can go to a motor park loading to those destinations (Abeokuta, Ibadan) ask for the private vehicles, I believe they would be willing to answer your questions.

Yeah, I would make out time one of these weekends to make my research.
Based on my security experience, I would install tracker to aid my monitoring the vehicle while in use.. wink wink
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by chiste1: 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
Any more suggestions?
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by chiste1: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
More suggestions please...
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by Acidosis(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
If your current job won't allow you focus on a transport/haulage business, better you put it on sales.

Use the proceeds for a choice and 'risk-free' business.
Re: What Business Can I Use This Bus For? by chiste1: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2017
Acidosis:
If your current job won't allow you focus on a transport/haulage business, better you put it on sales.

Use the proceeds for a choice and 'risk-free' business.

I sincerely appreciate this advice.
I have actually started an investment in Questra, which is really worth the risk on the long run. The plan is to build up enough capital and resign to focus on managing a transport/haulage business.
Thanks for sharing your idea,I really do appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Manufacturers/dealers Of Paper Eggtray... / A Plot Of Land Is Available For Rent In Nnewi / Help(pix) !!he Recharged His Line With #10,000 Instead Of Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.