Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

10 Dos And Don’ts Of Child Hair Care - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Dos And Don’ts Of Child Hair Care (1204 Views)

Mad Woman Gives Birth In Bayelsa State, Father Of Child Still Unknown / How Alabukun, 7up, Dry Gin And Lime Work For Abortion. Dos & Don'ts (must Read) / Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Dos And Don’ts Of Child Hair Care by unifresh: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
Written by Luchi Madubuike

When it comes to child hair care, it is important to know that it all boils down to the methods we employ to care for their hair and not necessarily the products we use. In this post, we are going to explore 5 Dos and 5 Donts of Child Natural Hair Care. Let’s dive in!

Don’t Wash Your Child’s Hair Everyday

The reason is that constantly washing a baby’s hair strips it of its natural oils and moisture, leaving it dry, brittle and susceptible to breakage which eventually leads to hair loss. When a baby is born, most of the moisture and oils his/her hair gets, comes from the baby’s scalp through the hair follicles. So excessive exposure to the soap ingredient (sodium laureth sulfate) in baby bath liquids, washes off these natural oils every time you bring it in contact with your baby’s hair.

Don’t Comb Your Child’s Hair Everyday

I have come to realise that hair loss in babies and children is usually a gradual process that often goes unnoticed as it occurs. One day your child has a full head of hair, another day, it’s all gone in a flash. What went wrong in between? Excessive combing might be another reason why your baby’s hair is damaged, because combing is a mechanical action that causes friction and puts the baby’s fragile curly strands under tension to break and fall off prematurely. You do not need to comb your baby’s soft and tender curls. Till date, I only use my fingers to comb my baby’s hair and her hair is about 10 inches long now, by the way, as the time of writing this book, she was 20 months old. I use a comb when I absolutely have to and it has to be a very big wide toothed comb.

Don’t Choose Uncomfortable Hair Styles for Your Child

This is a major culprit to why babies lose the beautiful curls they once had at birth and I see a lot of mothers make the mistake of choosing the wrong styles for their babies. Styles such as small puffs with those colourful hair ruffles should be avoided for two reasons. The first is that, your baby’s scalp is far too tender to bear the tension that comes from putting it into those tiny little puffs. Excessive tension on your baby’s scalp results in the damage of the child’s hair follicles (where hair strands grow from) and this leads to poor hair growth. Another reason is that, the ruffles are made with cotton/woolly material that gets some hair strands trapped in them, and this leads to gradual hair loss...........

Read More http://fabmumng.com/10-dos-donts-child-hair-care/
https://www.instagram.com/fabmumng/

1 Like

Re: 10 Dos And Don’ts Of Child Hair Care by richiepolymer(m): 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
Informative

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Prevent And Reverse Fatty Liver Fatty Liver, People With Liver Disease / Join Me In My Weight Loss Process / Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.