Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? (1115 Views)

Photo Of The Woman Who Gifted Her Husband A Coffin On Fathers' Day In Anambra / Burial Poster Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby In The Onitsha Fire Incident / The Woman My Husband Impregnated Is My Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Dandiaz72(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Earlier today, i was discussing with a lady, she said "it's not compulsory for a woman to cook always in a family". Why shouldn't a man help out in the kitchen when the woman is also providing for the family- she said.
Personally, i think a man should help out in the kitchen if the wife is tired or sick, after all is even romantic.
When i was still living with my parents, we boys do cook at times not just my mum or my sister. My opinion though.
what do U think?

1 Like

Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
Brb
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by talk2hb1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Either
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by eyinjuege: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
Anyone can cook.
But the better cook should make the more difficult dishes. Some men can't cook stew/soup. Their wives cook it, and they always make their eba, rice , pounded yam when needed or their wives make it depending on who's home first, who's hungry, who's day was less/more stressful etc.
No big deal in cooking.
Every household is different.
Some men and women believe cooking is the exclusive domain of a woman, but some families don't run that way, and they run fine too btw.
There's so much ceremony cooking Nigerian dishes shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Dandiaz72(m): 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
eyinjuege:
Anyone can cook.
But the better cook should make the more difficult dishes. Some men can't cook stew/soup. Their wives cook it, and they always make their eba, rice , pounded yam when needed or their wives make it depending on who's home first, who's hungry, who's day was less/more stressful etc.
No big deal in cooking.
Every household is different.
Some men and women believe cooking is the exclusive domain of a woman, but some families don't run that way, and they run fine too btw.
There's so much ceremony cooking Nigerian dishes shocked shocked
I cook everyday... no big deal
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by chikk(f): 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
There are no laid down rules...whatever works for you.
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by babythug(f): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2017
Culturally there may be restrictions albeit archaic on who does the cooking In a family but to be honest and in my opinion Where there is love and understanding in a marriage/relationship it doesn't and shouldn't matter who does what as it relates to cooking and house chores generally!

The primary focus should be on the result/ outcome. Such that if the mr returns home first and dinner isn't ready he can get it ready and vice versa.

If Mrs gets in the car and there's no fuel or generator needs to be serviced and mr hasn't done it she can make the arrangements for that where possible if you get my drift. If laundry has piled up and mr gets up early at the weekends he can load the machine or hand wash and so on.

In summary, It shouldn't matter who cooks really

2 Likes

Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by inourcare: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2017
The Man Can Also Help Out. Pray He Knows How.
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by yvesboss(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2017
I tot Ronke Oshodi addressed this matter
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Dandiaz72(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2017
inourcare:
The Man Can Also Help Out. Pray He Knows How.
Why not... every man should know how to cook

1 Like

Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Dandiaz72(m): 10:55am On Aug 09, 2017
babythug:
Culturally there may be restrictions albeit archaic on who does the cooking In a family but to be honest and in my opinion Where there is love and understanding in a marriage/relationship it doesn't and shouldn't matter who does what as it relates to cooking and house chores generally!

The primary focus should be on the result/ outcome. Such that if the mr returns home first and dinner isn't ready he can get it ready and vice versa.

If Mrs gets in the car and there's no fuel or generator needs to be serviced and mr hasn't done it she can make the arrangements for that where possible if you get my drift. If laundry has piled up and mr gets up early at the weekends he can load the machine or hand wash and so on.

In summary, It shouldn't matter who cooks really
I agree with U but most men won't
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by darlenese(f): 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
that lady must be very foolish, may God give her a jobless man for a husband,.
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Dandiaz72(m): 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
darlenese:
that lady must be very foolish, may God give her a jobless man for a husband,.
Lol... Y?
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by talk2hb1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
darlenese:
that lady must be very foolish,
may God give her a jobless man for a husband,.
It doesnt mean Joblessnes Ooo, I have this ederly Billioniar friend who owns a restaurant because he loves cooking, he will cook for you just to honor you. But cooking as a man for my wife shouldnt be everyday activity I will only do it if and if I want to, I am an African Man.
I can cook Noodles and Boil water for my Coffee undecided
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Chubhie: 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
According to Chef Gusteau,Anyone can cook.Rattatouille.

Some Sundays, I could invite friends over and treat em to some special cuisine.Learnt alot from my waka waka.

I love well prepared dish.Your taste buds comes alive having a feel of the right ingredients tactically gyrating in ecstatic formations.
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
darlenese:
that lady must be very foolish,
may God give her a jobless man for a husband,.
haba shocked
Re: Should The Woman Be The One Cooking Always?? by darlenese(f): 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dandiaz72:

Lol... Y?

so he can sit at home and cook for her nau, if a man decides to cook, Fine, but if he doesn't, it's not his responsibility so no big deal

(1) (Reply)

Man Sues Best Friend For Failing To Impregnate Wife After 75 Attempts / Groom Decided To Divorce Bride 2 Days After Wedding. Justified? / Nigerian Man Celebrates 70th Birthday With 7 Sons And Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.