Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About (2219 Views)

Slay Queen Travels For 6 Hours For Sex With Bragging Guy, Got Disappointed! / A Message For Guys Who Go Around Bragging About How They Deflowered A Lady / Harmless Things People Do That Lead To Illicit Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Nairalandsss(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
What mentally strong people don't do

It’s always important to put your best foot forward, whether you’re in a job interview, at a party, on a date, or brainstorming with your boss. But some things you perceive as a badge of honor might not help you shine. You may hope that some of the ways you try to distinguish yourself can make you sound tough, but they may inadvertently reveal that beneath your tough exterior, you might not be mentally strong. In fact, bragging about the wrong things can backfire and cause you to sound weak.

Here are three things people brag about all the time, even though it actually makes them look worse:

1. "I hustle 24/7."

What it really means: "I'm paying the price for being a workaholic."

You don’t have to look very far to find people who believe hustling all day, every day is the key to success. “Grind while they sleep,” “Let them party while you work,” and other internet memes tell you that success is directly tied to the number of hours you put into your work each day. But studies show that working more than 50 hours a week typically does more harm than good, and that workaholics experience a reduced quality of life.

2. "I've never failed."

What it really means: "I don't challenge myself and I'm afraid I can't handle failure."

There’s a big difference between trying to succeed and trying to avoid failure. If your goal—and bravado—center on not failing, there’s a good chance you aren’t living up to your potential.

Studies show that people who avoid failure don’t enrich themselves. They adopt goals that will help them look good and only try new things when they’re fairly certain they’ll succeed. Their motivation stems from their desire to fuel their ego, rather than a true interest in personal development. People who refuse to fail are also more likely to resort to unsavory methods of achievement, like cheating, because they aren’t really interested in learning.

Rather than deny your mistakes, acknowledge what you learned from them. Admit that you’ve turned failure into a learning opportunity that has made you better than before.

3. "I hardly ever sleep."

What it really means: "Sleep deprivation is killing me."

Many successful celebrities and entrepreneurs contribute to the idea that less sleep means more time to be productive. Donald Trump, Tim Cook, Martha Stewart, Condoleezza Rice, and Jack Dorsey are among the many who claim to be among the "sleep elite." But glorifying a lack of rest is a strange phenomenon. After all, your brain needs sufficient sleep to function at its peak, and studies have linked sleep deprivation to poor cognitive function. We know that a lack of sleep reduces attention, working memory, and long-term memory, and impairs decision-making. Chronic sleep deprivation takes a serious toll on your mental and physical health. That’s not really something others should be impressed by.

Make Sure Your Positive Attributes Shine Through

When you’re talking about your positive qualities, special talents, and extraordinary gifts, make sure that you're citing things you really should feel good about. Otherwise, your "strengths" may come across more like deficits

http://www.naijabroad.com/3-things-people-stop-bragging/

mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
Guys should stop bragging about the size their dick

1 Like

Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by thesicilian: 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
4. I was big man before.
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Victornezzar: 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
5. That lingard is an upcoming star
Dude na pipe embarassed
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by OGsteven(m): 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
I swear its true....people that say this shit always feels that they are better than others .....not how far is how well
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Tamarapetty(f): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
6. 30 billion for the akant

1 Like

Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Cholls(m): 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
my brother that is why I don't just follow all the advice dis so called successful people give to young ones coming up...the only genuine advice you can get and that is proven to be true is live a good life and good health with peace will follow you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Nairalandsss(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
Tamarapetty:
6. 30 billion for the akant
thanks for adding
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Ozavize88(f): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Flatties: 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
7.. I've fvked all nairaland babes
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 09, 2017
thesicilian:
4. I was big man before.
I get am before no be property.
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by david16(m): 7:40am On Aug 09, 2017
I'm guilty of the third one nice one op..
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by abdeiz(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ozavize88:
Hmmmm
sup dear
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by optional1(f): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
all this are what guys brag about...
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Whoever brags about wealth is not wise because it comes from God. I said God because most decisions one makes that brings in money only comes from God's wisdom.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Flintstone06(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
optional1:

all this are what guys brag about...

Including girls undecided
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by tosyne2much(m): 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
That's very true

1 Like

Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by optional1(f): 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
Flintstone06:

Including girls undecided

80% guys
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Nairalandsss(m): 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's very true
my mentor
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by gangbang86: 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
one more thing about which people should stop bragging is bragging about how busy they are!
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Lmaomen1(m): 10:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nairalandsss:
What mentally strong people don't do

It’s always important to put your best foot forward, whether you’re in a job interview, at a party, on a date, or brainstorming with your boss. But some things you perceive as a badge of honor might not help you shine. You may hope that some of the ways you try to distinguish yourself can make you sound tough, but they may inadvertently reveal that beneath your tough exterior, you might not be mentally strong. In fact, bragging about the wrong things can backfire and cause you to sound weak.

Here are three things people brag about all the time, even though it actually makes them look worse:

1. "I hustle 24/7."

What it really means: "I'm paying the price for being a workaholic."

You don’t have to look very far to find people who believe hustling all day, every day is the key to success. “Grind while they sleep,” “Let them party while you work,” and other internet memes tell you that success is directly tied to the number of hours you put into your work each day. But studies show that working more than 50 hours a week typically does more harm than good, and that workaholics experience a reduced quality of life.

2. "I've never failed."

What it really means: "I don't challenge myself and I'm afraid I can't handle failure."

There’s a big difference between trying to succeed and trying to avoid failure. If your goal—and bravado—center on not failing, there’s a good chance you aren’t living up to your potential.

Studies show that people who avoid failure don’t enrich themselves. They adopt goals that will help them look good and only try new things when they’re fairly certain they’ll succeed. Their motivation stems from their desire to fuel their ego, rather than a true interest in personal development. People who refuse to fail are also more likely to resort to unsavory methods of achievement, like cheating, because they aren’t really interested in learning.

Rather than deny your mistakes, acknowledge what you learned from them. Admit that you’ve turned failure into a learning opportunity that has made you better than before.

3. "I hardly ever sleep."

What it really means: "Sleep deprivation is killing me."

Many successful celebrities and entrepreneurs contribute to the idea that less sleep means more time to be productive. Donald Trump, Tim Cook, Martha Stewart, Condoleezza Rice, and Jack Dorsey are among the many who claim to be among the "sleep elite." But glorifying a lack of rest is a strange phenomenon. After all, your brain needs sufficient sleep to function at its peak, and studies have linked sleep deprivation to poor cognitive function. We know that a lack of sleep reduces attention, working memory, and long-term memory, and impairs decision-making. Chronic sleep deprivation takes a serious toll on your mental and physical health. That’s not really something others should be impressed by.

Make Sure Your Positive Attributes Shine Through

When you’re talking about your positive qualities, special talents, and extraordinary gifts, make sure that you're citing things you really should feel good about. Otherwise, your "strengths" may come across more like deficits

mynd44 lalasticlala
I can't name 3 things, but I can name one fuc*ing thing, that annoys me - people, that always say, that they ARE BUSY. Frankly speaking, my dream is, that everyone, who says I'M BUSY every 10 minutes, has read the article "Stop Bragging" and I hope, that it will change them. I have showed it to my BUSY friend, and after reading, he has begun to use this I'M BUSY less often.
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Heroclitus(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
gangbang86:
one more thing about which people should stop bragging is bragging about how busy they are!

Bro, God bless u for this...I've Never said such before and hate hearing such

They've been always busy,Still busy yet they have gotten enough income to overtake Dangote as the richest here
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Heroclitus(m): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
gangbang86:

Bro, God bless u for this...I've Never said such before and hate hearing such

They've been always busy,Still busy yet they haven't gotten enough money to overtake Dangote as the richest here
Re: 3 Things People Should Stop Bragging About by Newguyhere: 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
op abeg add: ' I'm dating a polish guy' grin
I can't just stop laughing at that underage girl always disturbing our peace on nairaland with her human trafficker of a boyfriend

(1) (Reply)

Woman Exposes Her Cheating Boyfriend By Sending Daughter To Seduce Him (video) / I Will Be Live At The Nairaland Beach Party On Jan 6 / A Secret Sexual Abuse By A Ghanian Tailor (HOT VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.