Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account (26505 Views)

Two Neighbours In Bloody Fight In Enugu During Lockdown / Toddler Falls From 6-storey Building, Gets Caught By Neighbours (video) / Man Gives Up His House To Appease A god After Raping Pregnant Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by stagger: 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
Biafran asked his fellow Biafran in the land of the zoo for help. Biafran helped Biafran man and wife. Biafran man and wife ended up clearing Biafran man's account.

Welcome to the face of Biafra!

4 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Daboomb: 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
mumu man dey claim good samaritan.
E get luck say d money for im account no pass 30k,if not...i rest my case grin
Some people just too mumu

And some people have criminality written in their DNA!
Even if they are dying, you need to just ignore them because to attempt to help them, is for them to defraud you and turn-around to call you Mumu!
Some peeps deserve to die in poverty without any form of sympathy from anyone.
We know dem sha...

3 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Daboomb: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
stagger:
Biafran asked his fellow Biafran in the land of the zoo for help. Biafran helped Biafran man and wife. Biafran man and wife ended up clearing Biafran man's account.

Sharrap, this is not a "Biafran affair"! angry

It is a BIA-FRAUD AFFAIR! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
He helped, they cheated.

Do not blame the Okoro for giving out his card and PIN. Humans used to be sincere and trustworthy in the past, now just lend them over a million and they pay assassin 100k to eliminate you so they can keep 900k.

What we have become isnt cool. We are no longer the creatures we were.

4 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
stagger:

Sure, but in Biafra, the legal system will deal with crime accordingly as is the case everywhere else in the world. Probably even deliver justice more effectively than in Nigeria, no?

2 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
sorry to say,the man is not in his right sense,cant he jxt go 2 d bank himself and withdraw the money for them....whats the need for him 2 give them his atm card or he is trying to show off

Last week, a friend came to me requesting for 20,000 naira loan.
I gave him my ATM card and the pin. He withdrew 20,000 and returned my card.

The guy did nothing wrong, the couple stupidly betrayed the trust he bestowed on them.

5 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by mofeoluwadassah: 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
ochukwuma15:

Last week, a friend came to me requesting for 20,000 naira loan.
I gave him my ATM card and the pin. He withdrew 20,000 and returned my card.

The guy did nothing wrong, the couple stupidly betrayed the trust he bestowed on them.
thats your friend nw...they are his neighbours i cannot even trust anyone with stuffs like dat except the person is my family member
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by NairaEffect(m): 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
dtruth50:
wht has dis world turning to? u can't trust some1 in peace again? even though u need more dan dt y can't u let him know first or y can't u return his card n tel him dt u withdrawn more dan dt? bcs of 30,000 u ar now to pay another 100,000. whr ar goin to get d money from?

If you ask me... Na who I go ask?
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Ifywildrose1(f): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
For him to give them his atm card, he knows what he is doing, testing them and they fell for it... Now they have to pay 200k to bail themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by udumosam23(m): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
sorry to say,the man is not in his right sense,cant he jxt go 2 d bank himself and withdraw the money for them....whats the need for him 2 give them his atm card or he is trying to show off

I've been in that situation once, needed to make an urgent cash payment on a Saturday, got some money in the account but the crowd in the bank was something else. Had to take a loan, using my ATM as collateral. Twas funny, but that was the only option I was given by my trader neighbour.
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by delishpot: 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
i dont blame them nw na the pesin wey no get sense wey carry atm card give them i blame

I believe they made it look like a life or death affair. He prolly wasn't in the position to go get the cash and saw their desperation(to save the life of their child) so he did what he considered good and took the risk to save a life. Unfortunately Nigeria s can turn a person's good to bad and make the person look foolish in the eyes of others. If he had delayed and that child had died it's still people that would come here to say he was wicked and selfish. Lesson learnt I hope, next time he should tell them he doesn't have money and not pity anyone or love others more than himself. That is the lesson Nigerians are teaching good Samaritans amongst them nowadays.

6 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Daboomb: 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
thats your friend nw...they are his neighbours i cannot even trust anyone with stuffs like dat except the person is my family member

If your neighbours are not your friends, its most likely an indication of the type of person you are: Obnoxious and irritating.

If anything is happening/happens to you are 2am in the night, it is your neighbours that would come to your aid first, long before your family members hear about it and rush down.
Except if you live in a "Clan-Compound" made up of only family members, as in those days of 1960!

4 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by onos217(m): 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
I have two ATMs. One is connected to my main or saving account. The other one is used for miscellaneous expenses.I can give the later to a trusted fellow because it hold money I can part with and have no financial trouble. But the former, never will I do such. It holds my fortune. No man lends his fortune out to a friend.I feel Mr. Okoro is a perfection of the description of the above.
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by biblegirl: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
Is it a bad thing to trust someone
mofeoluwadassah:
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by encrypt(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
Imagine your thinking.. He wanted to show off??
What if he couldn't leave the house at the time??
If i read correctly the life of a baby was at stake and the persons involved were not total strangers.
Would i have done the same? Yes i would
Would i have left more than 10k in the account? No i wouldn't my account is set up to Allow me move my funds around easily.And you can call that showing off if you like.

Some people have good hearts that doesn't make them stupid.

Now they have to pay 200k if they are to get bail.. Who's laughing now??

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by concho(m): 11:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
They stole 30k from their neighbour and court is demanding for 100k from both. Chai , this country is in a mess. What about the politifians that steal and spend our money every day. God will pay them as he is paying Bubu now.
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by concho(m): 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
ABEG, WHO GO COME TAKE THE 200K IF DEY BRING AM?
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by BadBlaize(m): 11:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
lolz

dat judge dn bad, person go borroe 10k, from dere thief 30k, u dey grant am bail of 100k..

na who go pay am?
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by KingRabota: 12:35am On Aug 09, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
i dont blame them nw na the pesin wey no get sense wey carry atm card give them i blame
Tif Tif Tif 0le!
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Juliearth(f): 1:52am On Aug 09, 2017
Why didnt he transfer the needed amount to the couple's account?
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by eyinjuege: 1:52am On Aug 09, 2017
Banks always warn you, your pin should be known only by you. You're not even covered if you give your pin to your spouse or child.
Your pin is your personal no. The man was good, but foolish at the same time.
Those neighbors though..., some people don't deserve good people around them..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by eyinjuege: 1:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Juliearth:

He may not have or even know how to do online banking. The couple may also not have ATM to their accounts and it may be closing hours or a weekend when banks don't open
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Juliearth(f): 2:04am On Aug 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

He may not have or even know how to do online banking. The couple may also not have ATM to their accounts and it may be closing hours or a weekend when banks don't open

Thats true though. I guess he trusted the wrong set of people.
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by EMDIEY: 2:08am On Aug 09, 2017
Smh for people Calling the good Samaritan a fool, this just shows how bad the mindset of an average Nigerian is. What is wrong about being your brother's keeper? Must every good act be termed "mumuism" we keep shouting our leaders are bad, now give a trust to an average poor Nigerian and he will be worse than the corrupt politicians. These kind of behaviours are the reasons why good people/deeds are hard to come bye in our society

2 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by dingbang(m): 2:15am On Aug 09, 2017
eyinjuege:
Banks always warn you, your pin should be known only by you. You're not even covered if you give your pin to your spouse or child.Your pin is your personal no. The man was good, but foolish at the same time.
Those neighbors though..., some people don't deserve good people around them..

nice one.... When you preach these to customers, they feel they know it all...
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by dingbang(m): 2:18am On Aug 09, 2017
Juliearth:
best answer.... Its funny out of the comments, only one person posted this. All banks have mobile banking platforms.
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 09, 2017
Nigerian legal system is in shambles, what is this "They both pleaded ‘not guilty’ to the charges?" this nonsense not guilty thing makes me laugh everytime when all evidence points to the fact that the suspect is indeed guilty
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by correctguy101(m): 2:46am On Aug 09, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:

Trust has been christened foolishness or stupidity, mumuism, naivete in this so-called modern society.

Even the little good people remaining are learning their lessons the painful hard way.
Recently got burnt for trusting too much and guess what, my source of livelihood crashed.

Still living on the little funds I had on the side, don't even know where to start as it is.

Do you think someone like Mr Okoro will ever trust anyone again? I doubt he would for myself don open eye say people are too evil and wicked even when you try helping them.

I wonder how we plan progressing with a problem as bad as this. SMH

But please don't call him mumu, it's just like adding insult to an injury.

5 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by nextstep(m): 3:30am On Aug 09, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:

You have a point, but think about this. The guy was busy or had to be someplace. The ATM and the pharmacy are a keke ride away and will take at least 30-50 minutes and will cost more to carry everybody. Instead, give atm card to one of them to take bike and get the cash and medicine.

From my place in Delta to the nearest ATM could take as much as 30 minutes depending on if you find bike, and traffic. I'd imagine something similar in Nasarawa.

If people are trustworthy, there would be nothing to worry about. One would imagine parents would be so grateful for the help and trust, that twy wouldn't breach it.

Unfortunately, his trust was misplaced.
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by GMBuhari: 4:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Looks like Smart Iwu was not so smart afterall

Evablizin:
shocked

In this Nigeria,in this recession that Mr Okoro gave his ATM to his neighbours,if you tell them to give you some time to go and withdraw the money what will happen?

Mr Okoro lemme clap for you,you are too much

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Sweetmom: 5:29am On Aug 09, 2017
Me: Davido can you loan me 10k

Davido: Yea sure take my ATM card my pin is ****

Me: Osheyyy baddest

Debit Alert: 30000000000

Davido:My akant!!!
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by 6UEE: 6:14am On Aug 09, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
and you think that your family member cannot betray your trust? Your closest family member can easily become your biggest enemy, while that "agbero" you see in your street could surprise you. That's life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Dickson Ayooluwa Ajigbare In Rape, Sex Accusation Scandal / BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages / Lagos Police Officer Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.