Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign (480 Views)

Pantami: I Won't Comment On Boko Haram, Shekau's Threat To Kill Me / Tony Momoh: Jonathan Never Resigned Because Of Insecurity, Buhari Won't Resign / Femi Kuti Tells Osinbajo: I Won't Support Buhari At Felabration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by omusiliyu(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari says he will not resign as he has not breached any law by staying in London for over 90 days.

The president spoke on Monday through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity Malam Garba Shehu.

Shehu, in an interview with State House correspondents, said those calling for the president's resignation were stepping out of the laws of the country.

He was reacting to protest in Abuja by a coalition of civil society groups against the president's continued stay in the United Kingdom.

He said the protest was baseless because Buhari handed over power to his deputy, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and wrote the National Assembly.

"They (protesters) are exercising their rights in line with the constitution of this country. Of what use or value is a democracy in which citizens cannot embark on peaceful protests? So,we respect their right to convene or undertake peaceful protest.

"On the second issue, whether the president should resign or disclose or whatever, I think they are stepping outside the laws of this country. anyone conversant with the constitution of this country will have noticed or seen that Mr President has complied 100 percent with the requirements of the constitution of this country.

"He has handed over power to the Vice President relying on the constitution and the Vice President is carrying out with the affairs of this country, undertaking activities of government in line with the constitution in a way that the president himself has given words of commendation.

"So, the president has not breached any law. What he has done is perfectly in line with the constitution of this country and people are looking for things to say, I think they should do their research very well", the presidential spokesman said.

President Buhari departed for the United Kingdom on May 7 for follow-up consultations with his doctors.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/story/208948.html

Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by omusiliyu(m): 7:14am On Aug 09, 2017
Cc lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by omusiliyu(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Go to hell, PMB tells Nigerians
Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by LordofWinterfel(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Mr President, you mustn't breach any law before you resign. Nigerians are suffering under your regime. Crime rate, hunger, poverty is all at the increase.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by Zeze06(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2017
Buhari presently doesn't have a sound mind to make such statement,

someone else must have said that,

someone close to him who feels he has a lot to lose if Buhari resigns..

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by eyescue(m): 7:22am On Aug 09, 2017
omusiliyu:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he will not resign as he has not breached any law by staying in London for over 90 days.
Yes...except one thing, he has not made proper burial arrangement for the return of his vegetable corpse

The president spoke on Monday through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity Malam Garba Shehu.

Shehu, in an interview with State House correspondents, said those calling for the president's resignation were stepping out of the laws of the country.

He was reacting to protest in Abuja by a coalition of civil society groups against the president's continued stay in the United Kingdom.

He said the protest was baseless because Buhari handed over power to his deputy, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and wrote the National Assembly.

"They (protesters) are exercising their rights in line with the constitution of this country. Of what use or value is a democracy in which citizens cannot embark on peaceful protests? So,we respect their right to convene or undertake peaceful protest.

"On the second issue, whether the president should resign or disclose or whatever, I think they are stepping outside the laws of this country. anyone conversant with the constitution of this country will have noticed or seen that Mr President has complied 100 percent with the requirements of the constitution of this country.

"He has handed over power to the Vice President relying on the constitution and the Vice President is carrying out with the affairs of this country, undertaking activities of government in line with the constitution in a way that the president himself has given words of commendation.

"So, the president has not breached any law. What he has done is perfectly in line with the constitution of this country and people are looking for things to say, I think they should do their research very well", the presidential spokesman said.

President Buhari departed for the United Kingdom on May 7 for follow-up consultations with his doctors.

Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by eyescue(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2017
omusiliyu:

Yes, he has not breached any rule of law except for one. He has not made any befitting burial arrangement for his vegetable corpse that this banana will fall on
Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by seunlayi(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2017
Make he die 4 dere now
Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by eyescue(m): 7:26am On Aug 09, 2017
omusiliyu:

Yes, he has not breached any rule of law except for one. He has not made any befitting burial arrangement for his vegetable corpse that this banana will fall on

Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by eyescue(m): 7:30am On Aug 09, 2017
omusiliyu:

Please can anyone to help me with any graphics or video where this zoogerian president asked yaradua to resign ?

because I really need to send it to him in UK.
Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by uwa1(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2017
Kontinue.....
Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by Amberon11: 7:42am On Aug 09, 2017
Then die there.
Re: Buhari To Protesters: I Won't Resign by nrexzy: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Resign go were

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Yoruba Guy Adeyinka Grandson Demands Freedom For Oduduwa Republic / The Nigerian Media Is Just Laughable / APC Will Never Leave Jonathan Alone! (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.