Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? (2081 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters / Osinbajo Vs Obi: Fayose Reacts To Outcome Of Vice-presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by UnchangeableGod: 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
It has been about three months since our amiable President Muhammadu Buhari went back to the United Kingdom on medical vacation and the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo declared the Acting President. I know that the constitution has a role for the president and his Vice also has a role. Now that the (former) Vice President has been acting the role of the president, who then has been acting the role of Vce President? Has Professor Osinbajo been acting both roles? If so, will the burden not be too much on him? Secondly, is Nigeria as a country not being shortchanged in leadership? Please reasonable and mature answers from patriotic-minded people are expected. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
If the husband travels and leaves the wife in charge of a house who acts as wife? undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by jjjjj2017: 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Mynd44:
If the husband travels and leaves the wife in charge of a house who acts as wife? undecided undecided undecided undecided
ask iffa!

BTW, op asked a reasonable question & I expect intelligent answer from the people.
issue of presidency & vice president is beyond husband & wife matters.
For your information, there's limit to what Osinbajo can do as acting president.

Note: I know who you are & already screenshot my reply for future references.

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
jjjjj2017:

ask iffa!

BTW, op asked a reasonable question & I expect intelligent answer from the people.
issue of presidency & vice president is beyond husband & wife matters.
For your information, there's limit to what Osinbajo can do as acting president.

Note: I know who you are & already screenshot my reply for future references.

Please tell us what an acting president cannot do according to the constitution

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by ReubenE(m): 11:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Mynd44:
What if the man is married to two wives? Have you considered that too?

This is a constitutional matter therefore is way beyond your analogy of husband and wife, and how the husband left the house for the wife.

Have you also considered the reasons why the husband left the house in your assertion? What if the husband left as a result of gross irresponsibility? Is that not a enough for the wife to divorce the husband for the woman and the house to be at peace? I believe this is within your purview.

To OP, constitutionally Nigeria does not have a vice president presently.
It is as simple as that....let no man bring any angle to it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by RevDesm0ndJuju: 11:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Mynd44:

[s]Please tell us what an acting president cannot do according to the constitution[/s]
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
ReubenE:

What if the man is married to two wives? Have you considered that too?

This is a constitutional matter therefore is way beyond your analogy of husband and wife, and how the husband left the house for the wife.

Have you also considered the reasons why the husband left the house in your assertion? What if the husband left as a result of gross irresponsibility? Is that not a enough for the wife to divorce the husband for the woman and the house to be at peace? I believe this is within your purview.

To OP, constitutionally Nigeria does not have a vice president presently.
It is as simple as that....let no man bring any angle to it.
Funny though

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Cekpo34(m): 6:36am On Aug 10, 2017
We are currently having a constitutional crisis in disguise. What if, God forbids, OsiBaba is ill, travels out for 5-10 days, or is incapacitated, what would happen

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by pabjo: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2017
the right thing is always hard for some people to understand and do. if you are working and the role of you boss is shitted to you with same benefit how will you feel. there is no proper coordination of government activities. when things are not right voice out appropriately. one nigeria
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by kenny987(f): 9:57am On Aug 10, 2017
That office is designed to be run by 2 people, a substantive president and his vice. It is an unwholesome vacuum that the president has flown d coop still enjoying all full benefits of his office whilst his vice is burdened endlessly with both offices and still without requisite powers to effect necessary changes and policies.

Three should be a limit to how long a president can abdicate his responsibilities and after which time he must be shown d way out!
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by greatgod2012(f): 10:55am On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

my brother, the truth is that Nigeria is bigger than the scenario you're trying to create! And you and I knows that!

Presently, the VP seat is vacant and that's a great vacuum in Nigeria government!
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2017
greatgod2012:

my brother, the truth is that Nigeria is bigger than the scenario you're trying to create! And you and I knows that!

Presently, the VP seat is vacant and that's a great vacuum in Nigeria government!
Please enlighten us what the functions of the vice president is.

Thats if you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:22am On Aug 10, 2017
kenny987:
That office is designed to be run by 2 people, a substantive president and his vice. It is an unwholesome vacuum that the president has flown d coop still enjoying all full benefits of his office whilst his vice is burdened endlessly with both offices and still without requisite powers to effect necessary changes and policies.

Three should be a limit to how long a president can abdicate his responsibilities and after which time he must be shown d way out!
What powers does a substantive president have that an acting President does not have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2017
Nigerians dont even know their own constitution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Bolustical: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2017
It should unofficially be the Secretary to the Government of the Federation because he is the next in order of responsibilities and importance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:
Nigerians dont even know their own constitution

Oga sharap jare... why do we have a president and vice president if just one man can run both office?? If u like ban me it won't still heal Buhari
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by greatgod2012(f): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Please enlighten us what the functions of the vice president is.

Thats if you know

You may probably not know that this your response to that my humble post up there is insulting but I'll overlook that!

Now to answer your question, the VP is to step in where and when the President is unavoidably available. Now that the VP is already doing that, who steps in where and when the acting President is also unavoidably available

Or is the acting president not also human

Thanks!
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

Oga sharap jare... why do we have a president and vice president if just one man can run both office?? If u like ban me it won't still heal Buhari

Again, list the functions of the vice president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:46am On Aug 10, 2017
greatgod2012:

You may probably not know that this your response to that my humble post up there is insulting but I'll overlook that!

Now to answer your question, the VP is to step in where and when the President is unavoidably available. Now that the VP is already doing that, who steps in where and when the acting President is also unavoidably available

Or is the acting president not also human

Thanks!
The problem is that you guys do not undersand how governance works. The president heads the presidency. The presidency is not one or two people, it is a huge mass of HUMANS.

The same way if the senate president is absent, he can designate the deputy to lead proceedings.

If the president is indisposed, the Vice takes charge, if the Vice is indisposed(in terms of long absence) , the senate president takes charge.

Now, if there are events, functions, meetings the president needs to attend, he can designate any member of the presidency to represent him and that person has the full powers of the office of the president.

Now, I do not like this arrangement (atleast his medical records should be public etc) but saying they have breached the constitution or saying there is a vacuum is just hilarious and reeks of ignorance or governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Again, list the functions of the vice president

The only function of a vp is to secure buhari's seat till whenever the dead man decides to come back from London and take over again abi?? We voted for a president nd a vice, we need both at home...... if you like twist it to suit ya fellow zombies brains, that 1 concern you
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2017
You people are making this really weird.

Lets draw narratives to Yarddy and GEJ. The main reason people were up in arms against Yarddy was cos we did not have a president when Yardy left. He failed to hand over so if there was a military issue, the Military had no one to answer to.

In this case, the Vice President has been sworn in as acting president to handle things ubtil the substantive president gets back.

Not to those saying he is enjoying benefits of a president, let me help you out. In SANE companies with structures(lets take Etisalat cos I have seen their employment contract) , if you fall sick and go on medical leave, you are paid your full salary for 6 month even though you are not working. After 6 months, you are placed on half for additional 9 month before your employment is reviewed. The president is also a civil servant, there are procedures when it comes to medical leaves.

This is bad because we need to know (based on FOI) his health statement. But to day there is a vacuum is just laughable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

The only function of a vp is to secure buhari's seat till whenever the dead man decides to come back from London and take over again abi?? We voted for a president nd a vice, we need both at home...... if you like twist it to suit ya fellow zombies brains, that 1 concern you

You need both of them home for what exactly?

So you cannot fall ill while at work? What is it with Nigerians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 11:55am On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

You need both of them home for what exactly?

So you cannot fall ill while at work? What is it with Nigerians?

Can u be absent from nairaland for 3 months and expect seun not to fire you What is wrong with zombies?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by robosky02(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Lets draw narratives to Yarddy and GEJ. The main reason people were up in arms against Yarddy was cos we did not have a president when Yardy left. He failed to hand over so if there was a military issue, the Military had no one to answer to.

In this case, the Vice President has been sworn in as acting president to handle things ubtil the substantive president gets back.

Not to those saying he is enjoying benefits of a president, let me help you out. In SANE companies with structures(lets take Etisalat cos I have seen their employment contract) , if you fall sick and go on medical leave, you are paid your full salary for 6 month even though you are not working. After 6 months, you are placed on half for additional 9 month before your employment is reviewed. The president is also a civil servant, there are procedures when it comes to medical leaves.

This is bad because we need to know (based on FOI) his health statement. But to day there is a vacuum is just laughable

you have a point shaaaaa

but Nigeria is not a company abi etisalat

I think the country is bigger than any individual

we must not sacrifice the nation for the interest of one man
rather every individual should or can be sacrificed for the interest of the nation
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

What your saying is that, I can win a presidential election today then handover to my vice and leave for London for as long as I want With full entitlements when nigerians don't know why am away?? Oga respect yaself abeg
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

What your saying is that, I can win a presidential election today then handover to my vice and leave for London for as long as I want With full entitlements when nigerians don't know why am away?? Oga respect yaself abeg
If the senate approves. They can also declare him incabale of ruling too you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

If the senate approves. They can also declare him incabale of ruling too you know

Can you be absent from nairaland for 3daysand expect seun not to sack you?? Na this one I wan know
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
robosky02:

you have a point shaaaaa

but Nigeria is not a company abi etisalat

I think the country is bigger than any individual

we must not sacrifice the nation for the interest of one man
rather every individual should or can be sacrificed for the interest of the nation

See I totally get you. But please explain the part where we are "sacrificing the nation in the interest of one man".

The question is as the VP is acting as president, where is the vacuum? What can they both do together that the presidency can't do right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

Can you be absent from nairaland for 3daysand expect seun not to sack you?? Na this one I wan know
Done that. I was ill
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by omowolewa: 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2017
Osinbajo
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Done that. I was ill

For 3 months Seun wasn't aware of the illness?? He paid u ya entitlements in full? I need to dust my CV mhen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Allah's Gift To The Fulani–aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo (former Head DSS) / The Transformation Of PMB - Pics / Gov. Ajimobi Commissions ICT Info Center Built By His Wife. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.