Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? (2111 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters / Osinbajo Vs Obi: Fayose Reacts To Outcome Of Vice-presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

For 3 months Seun wasn't aware of the illness?? He paid u ya entitlements in full? I need to dust my CV mhen
You asked 3 days.

Plus for each company, contract of employment varies.

Now, as president of Nigeria, the constitution which is the contract of employment says he has to be declared incapable to be president before he is removed. The senate has not said this. He has received governors who say he is all just Ill

Heck, the Arch Bishop of Canterbury visited him. E remain the pope sef
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
You just dey wake from sleep ?
Nigeria has no president, no vice-president and no oil minister. All we have is an acting commisioner
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

You asked 3 days.

Plus for each company, contract of employment varies.

Now, as president of Nigeria, the constitution which is the contract of employment says he has to be declared incapable to be president before he is removed. The senate has not said this. He has received governors who say he is all just Ill

Heck, the Arch Bishop of Canterbury visited him. E remain the pope sef

Just see your logic, governors visited him, Bishop visited him, we voted for a president nd a vice president, we dint vote for 1 to be an ambassador in London, we need both at home, if Buhari can't come back home, he should resign nd get out....
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
Cekpo34:
We are currently having a constitutional crisis in disguise. What if, God forbids, OsiBaba is ill, travels out for 5-10 days, or is incapacitated, what would happen

There is NO CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS. The constitution spells out clearly what need to be done. The Nigerian political class has refused to do it. Finis.
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

Just see your logic, governors visited him, Bishop visited him, we voted for a president nd a vice president, we dint vote for 1 to be an ambassador in London, we need both at home, if Buhari can't come back home, he should resign nd get out....

We need both at home. What can be done by both that cant be done by the acting?
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

We need both at home. What can be done by both that cant be done by the acting?

Did we vote for 1 to remain in London? ? Why did we vote both
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

Did we vote for 1 to remain in London? ? Why did we vote both

When people dont have any more point, they keep going back and forth.

Similar to when people start yelling when having a debate.

Come with a new point and I will reply you
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

When people dont have any more point, they keep going back and forth.

Similar to when people start yelling when having a debate.

Come with a new point and I will reply you

Ure the 1 with no point here, is it okay for Buhari to remain in London, gets full entitlements when nigerians don't know what is wrong with him?? Yes or no
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

Ure the 1 with no point here, is it okay for Buhari to remain in London, gets full entitlements when nigerians don't know what is wrong with him?? Yes or no

According to the constitution, he has not done anything wrong.

Now please answer mine, what can be done when he is around that can't be done when he is not?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

According to the constitution, he has not done anything wrong.

Now please answer mine, what can be done when he is around that can't be done when he is not?

Did the constitution states that he shouldn'ttell nigerianswhat's wrong with him?? Or are we just being fools to the political elites??
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

Did the constitution states that he shouldn'ttell nigerianswhat's wrong with him?? Or are we just being fools to the political elites??
Quote the part of the constitution where it is stated that he should declare his illness.

Please just state it, biko, show that all these anger you have pent up actually translates to something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by swagagolic01(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Quote the part of the constitution where it is stated that he should declare his illness.

Please just state it, biko, show that all these anger you have pent up actually translates to something.

I never said the constitution states that he should declare his illness, ure the one bringing the constitution here, and am asking you, did that constitution states that he can be in London without telling nigerians what his really doing in London nd still gets full benefits as a London president? ? I want you to just answer this, what is Buhari doing in London? ?
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
swagagolic01:

I never said the constitution states that he should declare his illness, ure the one bringing the constitution here, and am asking you, did that constitution states that he can be in London without telling nigerians what his really doing in London nd still gets full benefits as a London president? ? I want you to just answer this, what is Buhari doing in London? ?
The constitution says if the president is sick or indisposed for any reason, he should swear in his vice. But if found that he is incabaple of returning to his office his seat can be declared vacant but the Senate has to send doctors to him and his ministers have to testify to the fact that he cannot continue

In effect, the constitution has allowed the president to ne able to go on medical leave for (for as long as he freaking wants with full benefits) as long as he informs the senate and it is approved. And as long as he has not been declared incapable, he has not broken any part of the constitution.

Now if you have no other points except grasping at straws, please go pick up a copy of the constitution and read it.
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by xana101: 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
Op asked a very reasonable question. I still wonder why sai baba can not just resign in Peace. He should Cherish his health and his life more.
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by robosky02(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

See I totally get you. But please explain the part where we are "sacrificing the nation in the interest of one man".

The question is as the VP is acting as president, where is the vacuum? What can they both do together that the presidency can't do right now

ok let me put it this way

president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, president of FC Barcelona when speaking on the departure of Neymar Jr’s said

“He is a player that has played a part in four years of success. But he is now part of Barça history … Everything has a limit and no player can be bigger than Barça. No individual interests can take precedence over the interests of the club:”

what I mean is if the president (I mean well for him deeply) can not be strong enough to discharge his duties, let him be given all the best treatment but be allowed to step aside. because we need a president that will be on ground to take INITIATIVE and move the country forward

at best a vice president will maintain statuesque but CANT take strong initiative.

I repeat the nation is bigger than the interest of any SINGLE individual.

like if football players even coaches come and go. so it is in a nation.

by the way even Mugabi will go.....in the end

and the nation (Nigeria) will stand
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by kenny987(f): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:

What powers does a substantive president have that an acting President does not have?

Why couldn't he sign the budget without 'approval' from the president? Why has he been unable to release d report of the panel set up to probe the SGF and former DG, NIA? How come he couldn't swear in ministers appointed b4 Buhari's disappearance? After approval to swear them how come he can't assign portfolios? Do u realise that there are certain international engagements and meetings an acting President cannot be invited to? An elected,sitting substantive president needs to be there!

Be honest and objective now, will u countenance a critical member of ur organisation embarking on an open-ended medical sojourn and who doesn't have d decency to disclose d nature n cause of his ailment? Will u keep paying him n funding his treatment while engaging his assistant on acting capacity essentially paying double for one position while the position of his former assistant remains unoccupied? Is that really a good, prudent practice?

Budget, ministerial signing and portfolio. Does these constitute a vacuum? When the president was around, how long did it take before he sent the list to senate?

We know the politics behind the budget was not about "permission" but about how certain parts were removed. Rememner this same budget was sent december last year and the senate did not pass it until it was late.

As for the emboldened, please what meetings?
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
robosky02:

ok let me put it this way

president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, president of FC Barcelona when speaking on the departure of Neymar Jr’s said

“He is a player that has played a part in four years of success. But he is now part of Barça history … Everything has a limit and no player can be bigger than Barça. No individual interests can take precedence over the interests of the club:”

what I mean is if the president (I mean well for him deeply) can not be strong enough to discharge his duties, let him be given all the best treatment but be allowed to step aside. because we need a president that will be on ground to take INITIATIVE and move the country forward

at best a vice president will maintain statuesque but CANT take strong initiative.

I repeat the nation is bigger than the interest of any SINGLE individual.

like if football players even coaches come and go. so it is in a nation.

by the way even Mugabi will go.....in the end

and the nation (Nigeria) will stand
We are going about in circles right now.

He says he is strong enough to discharge his dutoes and his illness is minor. Members of the National Economic council have visited and confirmed this.

Now if we have any issue it will be asking the senate to start proceeding to investigate if he can return but even the senate has said it has no problem with his health.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/08/08/leave-buhari-alone-immediately-senate-warns-charlyboy-protesters/

What can be done?
Re: Who Has Been Acting The Role Of Vice President In Nigeria? by jumobi1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mynd44:
If the husband travels and leaves the wife in charge of a house who acts as wife? undecided undecided undecided undecided

It depends on how long. If he leaves for a substantial amount of the marriage relationship, then she might remarry and continue her role as just wife because trying to play both roles can be inefficient and burdensome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Beginning To Love Fayose! / Suspense As Buhari Set To Dump Osinbajo For New Running Mate / Commercial Motorcyclists Seen Leaving Anambra State Ahead Of July 1 Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.