Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You (748 Views)

What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? / You Won't Believe How Much A Company Want To Pay A Graduate With NYSC Cert. / How Do You Tell Your Boss You Want To Go For An INTERVIEW? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by superemmy(m): 1:15am On Aug 10, 2017
Please nairalanders, I need advice, I'm not a shouting type nor the type who knows how to contest in a shouting contest. I work hard, meet targets and all and by God's grace my performance is good. But my boss finds joy in public humiliation and spectacle. My blood pressure is rising from the work, this is the only job I've got with the rest of society breathing down my neck having high expectations of one being an employed graduate.

My boss talks and shouts to everyone with no regard, condescension and insulting remarks. But lately I've been on his watchlist for no reason. I try my best and keep shut but guys I'm dying inside.

Please should I resign? I have no joy and no peace anymore by virtue of a work which takes almost 24/7hrs of my time. I need advice. Please, I don't know how to pass along this kind of news to my parents especially after looking for a job for almost a year and half after graduation.

Please advice me. I'm even just coming in late @12am from this work. I'm an admin officer of a marketing company. Thanks
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by marvelling(m): 2:40am On Aug 10, 2017
you already know the solution to your problem.
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 10, 2017
Resign!!!!...

2 Likes

Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by VargasVee(m): 4:08am On Aug 10, 2017
There's nothing unpleasant as working under a bully. I bet he's feeling like if he's open to some of you, y'all would take him soft.

Before you think about quitting, you should remember how the Nigerian labour market is, AND THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE YOUR NEXT BOSS WOULD BE ANY BETTER THAN YOUR CURRENT ONE

My advice for you is, keep it professional, don't let any of his unending vile reduce your work efficiency, because the moment you start acting on your bias, he'll capitalize on it.

If you have any type of issues, no matter how little talk to him about it. They love their ego stroked. Do the best you can and the rest will follow.

4 Likes

Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by FromZeroToHero(m): 4:59am On Aug 10, 2017
My dear just try and cope. Millions are willing to take that your position if you resign. Just be careful and try to avoid anything that will warrant shouting.
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by Nobody: 5:16am On Aug 10, 2017
Make yourself more relevant by mastering the job more.
Go for training and acquire certifications too.
Make yourself a little more indispensable.
Trust me, he will stop the public humiliation and give you greater respect.
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by Zeze06(m): 5:22am On Aug 10, 2017
If he's paying for the humiliation fine, stay with him and learn the trade.

When I was younger (even till now), I see Apprentice Tailors learning their trade (serving punishment) by kneeling outside their oga's shops, so also Apprentice mechanics, now that's some public humiliation...

They know they won't be there for ever, and the glory of now is nothing compared to the glory of the later...

My boss is so mean I call him the "anti-Christ" grin but love him though

1 Like

Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by femi4: 5:49am On Aug 10, 2017
superemmy:
Please nairalanders, I need advice, I'm not a shouting type nor the type who knows how to contest in a shouting contest. I work hard, meet targets and all and by God's grace my performance is good. But my boss finds joy in public humiliation and spectacle. My blood pressure is rising from the work, this is the only job I've got with the rest of society breathing down my neck having high expectations of one being an employed graduate.

My boss talks and shouts to everyone with no regard, condescension and insulting remarks. But lately I've been on his watchlist for no reason. I try my best and keep shut but guys I'm dying inside.

Please should I resign? I have no joy and no peace anymore by virtue of a work which takes almost 24/7hrs of my time. I need advice. Please, I don't know how to pass along this kind of news to my parents especially after looking for a job for almost a year and half after graduation.

Please advice me. I'm even just coming in late @12am from this work. I'm an admin officer of a marketing company. Thanks
Confront him, tell him how you feel and how its affecting your health (In a polite way)

Either of these 2 things will happen after that:

Get suspended or.....
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by lecturerdabo(m): 6:02am On Aug 10, 2017
Sorry Bro!

Whatever does not kill you, MAKE YOU STRONG!!
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by superemmy(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2017
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate all your advice.
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by rully2: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2017
Please do not resign! I see some sensible recommendations here. Please follow the advices.

You just might be surprised how things will turn out. All the best.
Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by rossyc(f): 8:36am On Aug 10, 2017
I have once been in that situation but am glad I left. It all depends on you but first of all start applying for a new job elsewhere, ignore his comments and stay put for the mean time and always assure yourself that the place is your starting point and I repeat start looking out for a new job because noone will want to develop high bP because of an employer.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by JaffyJoe(m): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2017
Just leave that toxic enviroment before it completely shatters your self-esteem. However, if their pay is really fat and leaving means you becoming a pauper, you may suck the negativities in and sit put for now.

1 Like

Re: Help: Please What Do You Do In A Company Where Your Boss Publicly Humiliates You by Smartjob1(f): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2017
He is that way to you because you have not proven to be better than him in what he employed you for. He thinks he is still wasting his money paying you for what he can do way better than you.

But...

Once you become way better than him in what he employed you for, you are going to be way respected. In fact, he will be so afraid of losing you. Try getting more knowledge on what you do and if he still continues, resign!

For those still looking for a better job? Richer career? Want to recruit easily as an HR? Find, connect, share, chat with your favourite employers and job seekers all of the world. Join the world's smartest job network www. bejite.com. Update your CV as a jobseeker or update your profile as an employer. Sign up now. It is free!

(1) (Reply)

Earn Up To N10,000 Every Week. Freelance Marketers Needed / Urgent Needed / Female Sales Representatives Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.