Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (17535 Views)

How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss / Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by wunmi590(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
My female boss told me to count, and move some goods from the warehouse to one of our shops, as i work as Administrative officer/Facility Maintenance Manger, though it is not my work to do that, as she a kind of person who is very arrogant, over pompous and very abusive even to the extent of sending someone home.

We happen to have an office (back office, where administrative, account department, HR department are carried out), and we also have a
lots of shop where they sell their goods

Yes i did what she asked me to do successfully, later on i was asked by the staff in the shop which is the sales rep, if the goods i brought are for sale or not, but my answer was, i was not given the order to inform you guys to start selling, as i was only told to move it from the warehouse in one location, to your store, if theirs need to sell, she would instruct you guys, as they would still need to impute it on the system, that was my statement.

The next morning, my MD, called me and told me who asked me to instruct those girls not to sell the goods i took to their store? so i was about explaining that you have not given me the instruction to tell them to sell, and even before they sell, they would have to impute it (the goods) on the system, at the back office and also impute a code before selling, she immediately told me to shot up, you are a lair, that "MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME HOW TO LIE", that i am mad, crazy, stupid.

This is the way she behave to all staff not only me, and she even say it with authority, and even let you know that that's the reason she's paying your salary.

Even when she insult everybody, we would be saying we are sorry ma, just because we dont want to loose our jobs, people who cant cope leave, while people who are scared just because of the notion that of people that "No job Outside", would stay and be receiving the insult and abuse like that.

Though i have been getting enough abuse, but that does not really move me, but my mother she called really pissed me off

Nairalander, please i am really tired of working under an abusive boss, i need a new job, we dont observe public holidays, and we work on saturdays too.

Please i need a new job, even if its in Abeokuta, which i have been looking for a way to port to, i would be glad.

I so much believe in nairalanders, as i got my last two jobs on nairaland, including this present one.

You can always mail me, if you have any opening in Lagos or Abeokuta. Thank you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by vizkiz: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
I do my job when when expected and I don't give those above me the privilege to look down on me.

The day Any bastard with a "boss" title, utter shìtty words me is the day I'll give some Fadeyi Boys Tip to help me teach him a VERY BIG LESSON.

I don't joke with my personality neither will I see it fall to ruin by a simpleton who thinks himself above me.

35 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by NwaAmaikpe: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
shocked

My boss once called me a monster because I almost ruptured her uterus.

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Riversides2003(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Why Na only you the babes Dey rush for this company.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by femoree2(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by GentleMoney: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2018

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Lilimax(f): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Respect for Individual is one of the shared value in my organization.
We don't joke with it!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by itiswellandwell: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sorry. Pele. It's her daughters i pity most. Her daughters seeing her that way would think it's normal because their mom is the boss. Na them dey later become online feminism warriors. Wish you good news soon.

Very cheap 64gb s6 edge. Check my signature.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by femoree2(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ok k
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
My boss introduced a fix pension amount on my salary without having any account where the money enters yet the deduction was done monthly

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by BruncleZuma: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
He said You fúcking African...and I called him a little diçked cracker.

Case closed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by viktor88: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
She asked me to 4k her or lose my job, the most painful thing is that she is over 55 year of age, the county is hard I -----

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Aieboocaar(m): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The most hurtful thing my boss ever said to me was,

"NwaAmaikpe we will never do it again, you almost ruptured my uterus".

So na olosho work you dey do eeh? grin

73 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by ifymadu: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
I once worked for an abusive businessman (one man business) and had to resign the day he insulted me in the presence of his friend. I resigned without a plan B but was lucky to be called up by MTN to take up a job (more than 5 times the pay of the job I left). I still count myself very lucky and never stopped thanking God, sometimes we need to be drastic in making certain decisions but in all, put God first and He alone will perfect whatever situation you find yourself.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by chloride6: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
How are you currently getting?
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by binary007: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
just because you are on a job doesn't mean you take every Shit thrown at you....

Don't cripple your self respect cos' of fear of the unknown.
Sometimes stand up to your boss! The more shit you take in life.. the more Shit life throws at you.
My Sister... learn when to say No. May the good lord give you the confidence to do so.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Factfinder1(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
You can never be like me
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Ayoswit(f): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Well, thank God I'm self employed.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Vicintonsh(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
.tomorrow somebody's boyfriend abi husband will come out to say their wife was kidnapped beaten/killed by her workers even after paying ransom

We are the problem of ourselves, just give somebody little power to use and watch how they make their fellow humans suffer.

God will help you with a better job my brother. Nobody deserves such treatment / abuse, how much is she paying self.

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Lucifer66(m): 3:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
What is your occupation exactly?
That woman is a bitch.
Find a new job and then insult her before walking out of the officer confidently.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
Well I don't know where to categorize my own.

Way back in 2016, when I was serving under an electrical company.

I was feeling very sick. And I got a call that our oga has sent for me to come over to the headquarters, to run an errand for him.

Mind you, it was raining heavily that day and when working, you don't have any right to complain.

When I got there, I was drenched already from the rain, as I got to the building, unknowingly for me, the stairs was flooded. No be small water o. And the stairs was all tiled up.

As I say make I put leg climb stairs, I never even climb reach up small, I just slipped and fell into the water and I banged my head on a rod. I became very dizzy and soaked in water.

Could you imagine that, this man didn't even allow me to go home and change up, he order me to go to sapele and deliver his goods in my wet clothes.

I was still dripping in water.

When I wanted to complain, he said that I didn't have any right to complain. That when I become an oga in future, I'll understand.

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by datola: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
I cannot really comment on your claim until we have heard from the other party, the boss lady.

We also need to look at things from the business owner's perspective. So many so called Nigerian employees are out to kill businesses in Nigeria with their I don't care and unethical practices.

19 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by siegfried99(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
grin
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by arabbunkum: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
Dude told me that whenever he steps out of office, I always embark on 'gallivanting'. The first time I heard that word. I was like WTF

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by FIDELITY24(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
idiot, U don't have common sense... well am grateful to God almighty as that era of verbal abuse has finally come to an end.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Nicklaus619(m): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
Take is easy bro, don't measure the amount of insult she dishes to you, rather focus on channeling your anger in hustling real hard to become your own boss one day, that will employ other people and pay them well too. Me personally, I don't take insults seriously no matter how hurtful it sounds, I focus on surprising people with my success, that's why I work in silence.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
listen to my songs at:

SoundCloud:
https://SoundCloud.com/harkymtheoracle

Reverbenation:
http://reverbnation.com/Oracle59

Checkout my Able God freestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHGhu1gkYIc

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by ednut1(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
what a country so many people are enduring shit cos they believe no job out there. may God punish all useless bosses. Op tell the woman u are resigning you go see say the respect go come as she go beg u.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by gen2briz(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
Your incentive for this month will be delay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spiritan University Nneochi (SUN) 2018 Job Recruitment (53 Positions) / Apply For The Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / British American Tobacco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.