Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? (28266 Views)

White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri / Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) / HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by kullozone(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
No pictures of the white wedding? Abi na today be the wedding?
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by chronique(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
Gaggi:
At your age you want faceless people to advice you on a life long journey that only you are involved in. Was she forced on you in the first place? You didn't date her? That's how one lady is thinking of divorce after just one month of marriage. What the hell is wrong with people? Marriage isn't for everyone.

Why is she thinking of divorce?
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by tosinjay(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
You don already marry sef, some pple tink say na until church join dem nai dem marry. I wish u could halt but am against divorce, u don marry already, na to carry your cross. Pele
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by InvertedHammer: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dagoma:

If you refuse this advice, don't come back here in this forum to disturb us about your broken home.
/
LOL. Which broken home?
Home wey don break already.
Better book space now for the next phase of the drama unfolding. The OP is going to "hell" in a hand basket.

\
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Korrection(m): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
Drop your number let me advice you. I was in this shit before and mine was even worse. Today I'm happy with kids.....no cause for alarm....make contacts with me and no don't go on with the wedding until we've discussed. If what you wrote here is true...
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Korrection(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
tosinjay:
You don already marry sef, some pple tink say na until church join dem nai dem marry. I wish u could halt but am against divorce, u don marry already, na to carry your cross. Pele
that's not true...
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by UncutSk(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
Halt it or you will regret
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Korrection(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
wristbangle:
It pains me I did not see this on time but some people have given the right advice which is to halt the wedding ceremony with immediate effect.

I know it will be painful but it's better to bear it than venturing into a marriage that would destroy your destiny.
I totally agree...had same experience..it can be undone cos happiness matters in marriage.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by bennymark(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

My wife to be's character has been terrible since we did our trad. Now I dont know if I should halt my wedding plans slated for this Saturday.

Her and her family are very domineering and rude. She shouts at me at the top of her voice and does not respect me. I have done Trad and Court wedding. what can I do for God's sake

you are obviously the woman in the marriage. they treat you like that because they feel they are doing you a favor by letting you marry her.

communication is key, let your wife know you will not go before God it she is not going to turn a new life, also let her know you are not scared of divorce if the need arises.

if she will change, you will see remorse, if she will not change, she will in fact call off the thing before you do.

if you decide to work it out, limit her from going to see her people

I CAN NEVER MARRY A WOMAN THAT WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME, TALK MORE OF HER PEOPLE OPEN THEIR MOUTH TO SPILL SHIT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Opakan2: 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
Wetin you sef find reach igbo girl side? As I don see "domineering" and "family" in your writeup, I dnt need soothsayer to tell me the girl is Igbo.

Marriage is not all about fine face or infatuation, it should depend on mindset and how reasonable the other person is.. But no, you slowpokes won't listen.
Na to chase yellow pawpaws upandan una sabi. shiooor!
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by NaWetinDey(m): 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
You are yet to tell us what pushed you to do trad and even court wedding before seeing her in her inglorious glory. Is her family marrying you, I mean, taking care of the money matters? That can only explain why. Else, put your foot permanently on the break pedal now before you die few years after. Sorry OK?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Compliance(m): 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
I'm almost breathless... There is hope for families if we have more of these women in Nigeria. I wonder how lovely your family is.

PaperLace:
Dear OP,

Whether you cancel the white wedding or not _ you're already married. Marriage isn't relationship where you can waltz in and out as you like. It's an oath, binding on both parties.

Be careful how you bring your issues to the public, considering that your mind is currently fragile. The general rule, may not apply to your situation. I don't think any responsible married person would tell you to walk away so soon. I have domineering in-laws too, your wife's whole family can never be as rude as my FIL alone _ but you handle such people with wisdom (now that you're already married). If you weren't married, I would have said run.

The early days of most marriages are like this. One person will always see the other as a demon, while painting him/herself as the angel. You are not an angel, I am sure your wife would sound just as bitter as you, if she creates her own thread. What you have to do is win your wife to your side. Once you genuinely win your wife to your side, she would handle her family.

The last post on your wife and SIL, you didn't do well.
If that's your own attitude, then you and your wife need orientation. Why does your wife shout? Is she a mad woman? Has she always been like this? What is she always shouting about?

My husband also doesn't know how to discuss in low tones, he must raise his voice. I used to join him, until I sat and thought about it _two people no dey mad at the same time. He did it again and I ignored, I politely told him he is embarrassing US and we would talk when he is calm. He still repeated it and I used all my self-control to keep ignoring.

One day, he called me and asked why I have been refusing to get angry. I started laughing and we had a talk that changed a lot till this moment. People like that know what they are doing to a good extent, the best medicine for them is to show them how normal people express themselves. Don't come down to their level, don't go begging unnecessarily _ just express yourself firmly.
When you do this over and over, they'll come to revere your silence and few words.

You mould your spouse to be who you want them to be. There is really no perfect spouse at first, but we mould them to our perfection with time.

Captain your ship as best as you can _all with the dignity of a king.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by okenwaa(m): 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
When una dey Bleep up n' down u tell us?
Trad and court marriage.....wetn cm remain again??

Baba carry ur load alone joor,,and sleep in a the beer parlour whenever she troubles u.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by DozieInc(m): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
@Plankton2017

Read @ PaperLace 's comment, there lies your answer.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by toprealman: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
Evaberry:
didn't you court her?

Didn't you spend time with her family to know how she relates with them

didn't you befriend her brothers and her friends

didn't your friends and family spend time with her..

Did you ask your loved ones opinion before marrying her?
.have you asked her what the problem is, why she has temper issues. ..

My friend leave Nairaland face your home, solve your problems yourself and stop disturbing us
You should know what you ladies are like. He categorically stated AFTER THE TRADITIONAL whatever, her character changed.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by elantraceey(f): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
Tell her no white wedding till she changes her attitude, was she forced to marry you?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Originalsly: 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:

My wife to be's character has been terrible since we did our trad.
.................. I have done Trad and Court wedding.
Just listen to yourself....so at this point she is not yet your wife. .... the White Wedding is the one that makes her your wife....and you are still wondering why they are disrespecting you. Ever heard look before you leap?....your wife and her family were always like this... you never looked...never listened... too late now. You need to be a man ...put the pants on and put your foot down on your wife. ...oh well... I don't mean to stomp and beat and brutalize her... but to take control and be the man of the house and you need to do that immediately or you will end up wearing the other pants. First step... cancel the White Wedding.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by butterbread: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

My wife to be's character has been terrible since we did our trad. Now I dont know if I should halt my wedding plans slated for this Saturday.

Her and her family are very domineering and rude. She shouts at me at the top of her voice and does not respect me. I have done Trad and Court wedding. what can I do for God's sake

Dearie, sorry but she is already your wife. It is already for better or for worse. Talk to her
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
Run away; are you mad? angry
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

You are alread husband and wife as she has passed the stage of wife-to-be. Too late already sadly.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Okeycima: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
Eketem:
You have been lamenting since yet you went ahead to get LEGALLY married.

You will lament people will advice you will return and continue drama.

You keep comparing her mentally with your ex, your parents who approved of this one because of tribe should you how to manage this one. Leave Nairaland alone with your constant lamentations.

You are legally married for your information, church wedding is merely blessing.

https://www.nairaland.com/3710027/should-break-off-engagement-go

GBAM you have said it all.
it seem to me that some people are naturally blind, you sensed a problem and looked for a solution when the issue is still at infancy stage, and believe me you got a sound advice for it. but what did he do, he discarded the advice and now the � has come home to roost and he want another advice. tell what will make you to follow this one that will be given to you?
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by sorepco(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
Share ur experiences here others cud learn.

Korrection:
Drop your number let me advice you. I was in this shit before and mine was even worse. Today I'm happy with kids.....no cause for alarm....make contacts with me and no don't go on with the wedding until we've discussed. If what you wrote here is true...
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by sorepco(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
Get the heck outta here. Marauder!!

Opakan2:
Wetin you sef find reach igbo girl side? As I don see "domineering" and "family" in your writeup, I dnt need soothsayer to tell me the girl is Igbo.

Marriage is not all about fine face or infatuation, it should depend on mindset and how reasonable the other person is.. But no, you slowpokes won't listen.
Na to chase yellow pawpaws upandan una sabi. shiooor!
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by josite: 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

you are already married to the greatest enemy of your life since u have done the court registry wedding.if i am you,i will call a meeting of her parents and yours and told them you have made a mistake and u will not go ahead with the white wedding.and she is not coming to your house to live.this may make her sober and no from day one u are not in for any rough ride,

but i must say u must be a very stupid fellow to ahve gone this far.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Fhowe: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

Guy relax it is just the pressure from this whole wedding spending and all that makes it look like this to you .Be patient with time you will get a clearer picture the economic situation is not so good so you can easily misinterpret peoples actions .You might feel you are entitled to some respect cause of the nature of money you are spending at the moment just relax and let God take control
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by olayinkajnr(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
Nma27:
wanna help reset his wife's faculties? Well, he needs someone to talk to.
Where are his family that stopped him from marrying his ex just because of tribe huh? Now he's suffering d consequence of doing what family wants...

I have no business with his wife and the reason why I sent a pm to him is because he needs someone to talk to. I was/am still in his shoes. The same shit he is passing through is what I am passing through. Which is why I sent him a pm.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by emelda86(f): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
k.... Call her to order sit her down have a heart to heart with her,tell her u don't like the way she talks/yells @ you but if she insist, involve your family members so they'll sought it out for you guys.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by godquality: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
Guy, you are already married. So whether you halt the church wedding or not she's officially your wife after you left the registry. So try to sit her down and talk with her. You will be surprise what a little heart to heart, down to earth discussion could do.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by andyanders: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
coolcatty:
Dude... I will talk to u like a brother.... Marriage is a big deal... It's for a lifetime... The fact that u feel like this is a clear cut sign that this marriage was never meant to be..... My people say it's better to have a good in-law than have a good wife..... The fact that your in-laws are this domineering ND insulting is a big red, yellow and purple flag which will definitely affect your marriage in the nearest future....... Who will you report her to in the event that she misbehaves??

Oga you have gone far by doing the court marriage sef.... You have a 2 options.... Marry her and live a permanent life of servitude to her and her domineering people or walk away from this impending disaster called marriage.

The choice is yours.

Exactly on point.

Better for OP to take a walk cus he cannot manage a nagging wife. Now that kids are not involved, I will advise that you go to the court and seek for divorce.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by enonche85(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
YamPorridge:
Kpansh her well she will calm down when she orgasm like this. The Bruce Lee family will calm down when they notice she is and will always be on your side.

I just want to make common sense

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
coolcatty:
Dude... I will talk to u like a brother.... Marriage is a big deal... It's for a lifetime... The fact that u feel like this is a clear cut sign that this marriage was never meant to be..... My people say it's better to have a good in-law than have a good wife..... The fact that your in-laws are this domineering ND insulting is a big red, yellow and purple flag which will definitely affect your marriage in the nearest future....... Who will you report her to in the event that she misbehaves??

Oga you have gone far by doing the court marriage sef.... You have a 2 options.... Marry her and live a permanent life of servitude to her and her domineering people or walk away from this impending disaster called marriage.

The choice is yours.

If u see anyone in a domineering position ahead of u, it means ur gullible n weak
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by yvesboss(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
Reference:

Which law and custom is that. If his name is not in any registry recognised by law courts he has not married. What rubbish tradition is that. To eat kolanut and drink vodka means what....abegi.

Hahaha... i thought OP said its only white wedding remaining.

they have done the registry already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors / 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / White Men Are Better Than Black Men!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.