Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) (30397 Views)

Ukwaka River Bridge Constructed By Peter Obi In Anambra Collapses (Photos) / Onne Sea Port: Federal Bridge Linking Akpajo Road Collapses In Rivers State / Major Road Collapses In Akwa Ibom After Heavy Rainfall. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by DerideGull(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is that Wike?
I thought he said he has fixed all the roads Amaechi abandoned.

Where is 'Mr Project' who devotes his time trading blames and criticizing an ex-governor instead of working.

Wike is just like APC at the Federal level...
Always blaming their predecessor for their failures.

Who says a focused governor can't fix a federal road in his state and get a refund from the Federal Government?

This has nothing to do with Wike. This is the responsibility of federal government of the cesspit called Nigeria. It is a bridge on East-West road supposedly trunk A road. This is one of the examples which cumulates into what are pitifully wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by engrkaz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
mykh01:
Pls where is this bridge located?
Lagos-Ibadan express road, just before shagamu bypass... People and mumu questions..

2 Likes

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by pek(m): 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
And there was a President called Jonathan.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
If anybody knows the type of heavylift that passes thru that bridge, it's enough to collapse. Long over due...

1 Like

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is that Wike?

Where is 'Mr Project' who devotes his time trading blames and criticizing an ex-governor instead of working.
This same failure mobilized contractors to go construct roads in Benue state just to spite Ortom.

Who says a focused governor can't fix a federal road in his state and get a refund from the Federal Government?
Yeye. Can you fix something that is not spoilt?
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by lonelydora: 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
MadCow1:

I see.. Just enter one hotel for Onne, find one of those numerous oloshos take hold body till tomorrow. grin Thank God tomorrow na Friday.

Hahahaha. Where you dey?
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by theophorus(m): 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
...Wait ooo.

I thought GEJ fixed all the road in the SE and SS and EastWest road was one of His main Project...

Please, Can somebody list the roads fixed by GEJ in His 5-years as President of Nigeria.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2017
I think this has to do more with sustainable development, that bridge has been there for ages, we should have gotten more routes with better bridges... The whole thing is just sad cos I'm even thinking how I will get home this evening for work.

DaniDani:
Disadvantage of substandard materials.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by splmosixx(m): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
MORE REASON WHY I BOMB PEOPLE

E-DIOT

Unclebrutus:
U see that thunder wey strike buhari for ear? Go strike u beyond recognition.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by snipesdam(m): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
I just saw this with my own eye shocked.... I don turn back to town. Because the kind traffic this thing will cause eeeh no be here oo
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by FaithZion2(f): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2017
nextprince:
Who are we to blame?

Bahari
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
nextprince:
Who are we to blame?
blame me please. grin grin
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by udeanaruagu: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
This is the road that leads to:

The Port Harcourt refinery:
PPMC,
NNPC,
Indorama
Intels,
So many oil companies and oil farm yards including Total, Forte, Oando, Tonimas etc
Nafcon..the fertilizer giants
Maersk Nigeria Ltd....leading shipping line in the world
West African Container Terminal WACT otherwise APMT,
PIL....another shipping line,
CMA CGM.....also a shipping line
Bourbon Inter oil
FMC Technologies,
Mobil Unlimited
Bori Polytechnic
Cross River state
Akwa Ibom state...
and well over 300 companies in Onne and Eleme....

Yet the road is in a serious mess!!!! Its has been in a serious mess since Obasanjo era(and most disappointedly GEJ era)

It took this wicked government at the Centre days to fix Abuja runway and Abj-Kaduna road...simply because they are touched. The bridge linking West Nigeria and North is being given prompt attention by Osibanjo....he even rushed down there to see things and make sure it runs.

For us from the East and South-South Nigeria....This is our case!!

Can someone tell me why Nnamdi Kanu and his men wont be getting more sympathizers.

Good night Nigeria truly.

1 Like

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by aolawale025: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is that Wike?

This same failure mobilized contractors to go construct roads in Benue state just to spite Ortom.

Let's not make excuses for the FG. They have failed.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
DaniDani:

Not necessarily!

Several factors could have led to the collapsed
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by AskProf: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
njuree90:
Are you tired of lossing ..this is sure fixed odd 100 percent

Grandmaster?

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by Virulent: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
One way things, hold up will show dem pepper today, rush hour never reach sef
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by FBLJ(m): 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2017
See the heavy traffic building up because of the collapsed Bridge, I pity people wey dey pass that road today.

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by Rolly22(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
splmosixx:
At my level, I dont comment on stupid post jooor.........

when there leaders don use money send pikin go school abroad finish,UNA DE HERE DE FIGHT FOR BIAFRA...

BIAFRA IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!

How does this road relate with Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by realsamibiz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is that Wike?

Bros, East west road is Federal road, handled by the federal govt

No dey fall your hand
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by akdjr(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Don't worry Biafra minister of works will fix it as soon as possible.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by comodo: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
MadCow1:
This road was built by RCC under the Yaradua/Jonathan regime.

It's really a pitiful sight when a road that has not even been commissioned has started falling apart even before the contractor has left the site. grin

Sorry you are wrong. That bridge has been there since I cannot remember when.. It was only asphalt overlay that was done during Yaradua/Goodluck tenure. I think what we are lacking is still the maintenance culture especially Concrete repairs. Its a pity and its a very busy road.

Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by Ebiezprada(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
DaniDani:
That road has served for a longer time than you can imagine..... Heavy trucks pass on it daily.... It was expected. The problem is that we don't practice preventive maintenance in Nigeria.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by Ebiezprada(m): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is that Wike?

Do you go on to fix federal roads in Nigeria without the Federal government's approval or a mutual agreement?
Learn to keep quiet if you don't have what to say.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by PDJT: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
ruggedtimi:
shocked...I passed that bridge almost everyday..with the recent hold up of heavy duty cars on that bridge I am not suprised.

-You mean heavy duty vehicles, a.k.a Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV). Cars are not heavy duty.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by solidman59(m): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
splmosixx:
At my level, I dont comment on stupid post jooor.........

when there leaders don use money send pikin go school abroad finish,UNA DE HERE DE FIGHT FOR BIAFRA...

BIAFRA IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!

But.......... You just commented angry angry
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by tytope(f): 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
This country sef don tire me
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by deafeyez: 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is that Wike?

That is Federal govt product not State government.
U too like Wike.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by asamaigho(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
tooth4tooth:
Structural failure . Blame the Engineers and the contractors .
Thats not a structural failure bro,that collapse was caused by erosion,am very familiar with that route ....it's just a few metre from ecobank.
If the bridge deck or peirs collapse then u can say structural.
That road is designed as a flexible pavement,u don't expect it to withstand erosion.

God bless
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by ERICOPLC(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
This bridge is carrying trafic beyond it.
Recall that when EPCL was under construction, it was confirmed that the bridge is weak and can't carry the weight of Ethylene splilter, hence the construction of the new Bridge by left. However we thank God no live was lost.
Re: Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) by tooth4tooth: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
asamaigho:

Thats not a structural failure bro,that collapse was caused by erosion,am very familiar with that route ....it's just a few metre from ecobank.
If the bridge deck or peirs collapse then u can say structural.
That road is designed as a flexible pavement,u don't expect it to withstand erosion.

God bless

Structural failure refers to the loss of structural integrity, or the loss of load -carrying capacity in either a structural component, or the structure itself. Structural failure is initiated when a material is stressed beyond its strength limit, causing fracture or excessive deformations.

Erosion happens to be the cause of that bridge's structural deformation. The reason i blamed the engineers is that they did not consider the erosion factor properly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri With Zainab Aliyu As Ganduje Donates N3 Million To Her / 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North / Lagos Task Force, Okada Riders Clash In Idi Araba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.