Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise (12343 Views)

Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / How Often Do You Evangelise? / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
frank317:

U know him, but he is my boss.. continue.

Perhaps I am his hit man

Of course you are.
In addition, his evangelist and errand boy
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
1Sharon:

Eyya..

Take heart

I have. The inevitable must be isn't it?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 1Sharon(f): 9:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

I have. The inevitable must be isn't it?

Yes. Islam is the fastest growing religion.

Allahu Akbar
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
1Sharon:

Yes. Islam is the fastest growing religion.

Allahu Akbar

And the Religion called Atheism which is a civilized form of Satanism

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 3:10am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 6:14am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

Why should a sane person spend his strength, time and livelihood convincing people that Santa Clause does not exist?

To whose interest?

Some Trash need company in the refuse dump. Even Samsung Phones will be convinced to be part of the refuse. SMH

I do not think that the christian or muslim God is on the same level with santa claus, especially when it comes to belief.

Common sense and reasoning can be applied here. No one kills or punishes people in the name of santa claus.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 6:27am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

Excuse me, I want to ask you a deep question.

Do you as a christian not get tired of being a cliche? Must everything you dont like be "satanic"? So far, I have heard that African traditional religion is satanic, paganism satanic, herbal medicine satanic, harry potter satanic, and so on.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 6:29am On Aug 13, 2017
superhumanist:

I do not think that the christian or muslim God is on the same level with santa claus, especially when it comes to belief.

Common sense and reasoning can be applied here. No one kills or punishes people in the name of santa claus.

Just as it has been a normal practice for Christians to murder and cannibalize law abiding citizens of any country.

North Korea is a perfect example of what the absence of God will lead us to in this CONTEMPORARY world.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2017
superhumanist:

Excuse me, I want to ask you a deep question.

Do you as a christian not get tired of being a cliche? Must everything you dont like be "satanic"? So far, I have heard that African traditional religion is satanic, paganism satanic, herbal medicine satanic, harry potter satanic, and so on.

You gave me an early morning chuckle with your post.

I believe you imagin Satan to be a black giant with two big horns, teeth's like lions and eyes red like blood. I am sorry to disappoint you. Satan is one of the most beautiful creatures made by God. He actually shines like a star...he is ardoned with several costly pearls.

What is Satanism:
It is an act of rebellion or defiance against God the creator. It has several forms
1. Replacement of God with Physical Idols (Idolatry)
2. Replacement of God with Self (Atheism)
3. Replacement of God with Satan (Religious form of Atheism)
4. Replacement of God with Knowledge
This could be done consciously or unconsciously and this is different from the general concept of sin.

There is nothing wrong with herbal medicine.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 8:10am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

Just as it has been a normal practice for Christians to murder and cannibalize law abiding citizens of any country.

North Korea is a perfect example of what the absence of God will lead us to in this CONTEMPORARY world.

Excuse me, is North Korea is the only country where atheism is a majority?

Omission is also a lie.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 8:14am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

I believe you imagin Satan to be a black giant with two big horns, teeth's like lions and eyes red like blood. I am sorry to disappoint you. Satan is one of the most beautiful creatures made by God. He actually shines like a star...he is ardoned with several costly pearls.

What is Satanism:
It is an act of rebellion or defiance against God the creator. It has several forms
3. Replacement of God with Satan (Religious form)
This could be done consciously or unconsciously and this is different from the general concept of sin.

Stop assuming things about me, please. What makes you think I believe in Satan in the first place. Please, don't be condescending to me. Manners maketh a man.

1. How do you explain the fact that idolatry existed before Judaism and christianity? I say this because it means that God wasn't replaced (but rather, he replaced idolatory) and also Idolatory came before belief in satan (how can it be satanic).

Deep thinking is required. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2017
superhumanist:

Excuse me, is North Korea is the only country where atheism is a majority?

Omission is also a lie.

You sound like it pained you!

The truth hurt sometimes

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2017
superhumanist:

Stop assuming things about me, please. What makes you think I believe in Satan in the first place. Please, don't be condescending to me. Manners maketh a man.

1. How do you explain the fact that idolatry existed before Judaism and christianity? I say this because it means that God wasn't replaced (but rather, he replaced idolatory) and also Idolatory came before belief in satan (how can it be satanic).

Deep thinking is required. Thanks.

You don't have to believe in Satan. He believes in you. You serve his cause.

How can you be that myopic. Satanism the act of Satan's rebellion predates the creation of man. Satan introduced Adam and Eve to satanism. Satan says to them "when you break this command, you will not die...BUT you will become WISE, knowing everything to become independent of God....you will be like God".

I have paraphrased it in modern English for you since you chose your path of independence, be!

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

You sound like it pained you!

The truth hurt sometimes

It is a good thing to learn manners and also, learning not to assume.

I ask again, is north korea the only country where majority are atheists? Why didn't you mention the others?

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

You don't have to believe in Satan. He believes in you. You serve his cause.

How can you be that myopic. Satanism the act of Satan's rebellion predates the creation of man. Satan introduced Adam and Eve to satanism. Satan says to them "when you break this command, you will not die...BUT you will become WISE, knowing everything to become independent of God....you will be like God".

I have paraphrased it in modern English for you since you chose your path of independence, be!

By your definition, all your forefathers and ancestors were Satanists. They were pagans who never worshiped your God. In fact they rejected him until foreigners whipped it into them.

Please, deep and critical thinking is not difficult. Don't be afraid to do it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2017
superhumanist:

It is a good thing to learn manners and also, learning not to assume.

I ask again, is north korea the only country where majority are atheists? Why didn't you mention the others?

It truly must have pained you
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by JackBizzle: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
Superhumanist, abeg give up. Shadeyinka does not believe in logic. Na felixomor kind of person grin brain dead

3 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
superhumanist:

By your definition, all your forefathers and ancestors were Satanists. They were pagans who never worshiped your God. In fact they rejected him until foreigners whipped it into them.

Please, deep and critical thinking is not difficult. Don't be afraid to do it.

I speak about you.
Agent of Darkness.

He certainly believes in You for you serve him
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:
Superhumanist, abeg give up. Shadeyinka does not believe in logic. Na felixomor kind of person grin brain dead

You who believe in Logic, let me give you a pose!

1. The Big Bang shows that the Physical Universe is expanding.
2. At time t=0 nothing physical existed
3. A change can only occur when an external force acts on matter

Now, what initiated the Universe?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by JackBizzle: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

Chuck Norris

4 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

Chuck Norris
Guy u killed it

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

Chuck Norris

See, he is bailing out!
Simple Question, his delusion will not allow him to reason that there must exist a Nonematerial Force to initiate all the Physical Laws and the Physical Universe.
SMH!

What are the irreligious doing in religious section?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by JackBizzle: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

See, he is bailing out!
Simple Question, his delusion will not allow him to reason that there must exist a Nonematerial Force to initiate all the Physical Laws and the Physical Universe.
SMH!

What are the irreligious doing in religious section?

Keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by JackBizzle: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
edicied:

Guy u killed it

The guy packaged bullshite for me to answer and I had to reply appropriately

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

It truly must have pained you

Thank you. Goodbye

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

No need to engage in name calling. I understand that Shadeyinka is just being dubious. However, it is people like him that fall hard. I was worse than him when I was a christian.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Mujtahida: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
NPComplete:
I agree with the OP. As someone who considered himself almost a Christian deist, I didn't always want to express myself openly until I found Nairaland. I used to think my opinions were on the extreme fringe of Nigerian society until I came here and found even more crazy people. Now I realise I am in the middle smack dab between extreme religious nuts and atheists.

Since I believe in a somewhat laissez-faire God, I believe in a God of variety based on the evidence I can see around me, I don't think any side is wrong per se. The people I take exception to are those who will seek to take a moral high ground or assert to the infallibility of their own ideals as if they have been to the afterlife and have irrefutable evidence for their claims. Usually these people are Christians and Muslims and I enjoy spending my time oppugning their claims.

The atheist argument serves the God I believe in. The God that isn't so insecure He cares what puny humans think of Him or concern Himself with foreskins. God doesn't care what religion we follow. If he did he would have wired the true religion and worship into our brains and save us these 1001+ denominations.
Shockingly this most powerful God of Christians and Muslims doesn't talk. This point alone made me realise that the God who purportedly spoke in the bible is a fraud, in fact an idol. I still believe in God but not the christian god.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mujtahida:

Shockingly this most powerful God of Christians and Muslims doesn't talk. This point alone made me realise that the God who purportedly spoke in the bible is a fraud, in fact an idol. I still believe in God but not the christian god.

A wise man once noted that God, like other dubious claims, never shows up in front of everybody but rather hides in mystery.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

I speak about you.
Agent of Darkness.

He certainly believes in You for you serve him

Why are you being like this. You are more mature than this. Are all atheists agents of darkness?

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Mujtahida: 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
superhumanist:

A wise man once noted that God, like other dubious claims, never shows up in front of everybody but rather hides in mystery.
I often make comparisons between our natural human functions and religion/Christian god who purportedly created is with those same functions. He is so damn important to us just as the air we breathe(he said I am the life) yet we have to read about him in a book.
The sun shines on all without discrimination and gives its life giving rays to all yet the christian god claims to be the sun of righteousness yet shines only on his 'chosen'
When it rains it rains, when the sun shines it shines, when it's cold it's cold, we see it, we feel it, no preaching to experience them, a ray of sun cannot be captured in a book, a moonbeam cannot be preached about yet the christian God who is more important than rain, than sun, than the elements must be preached about, read about to be known. He acts one way in nature and another way in religion. That god is a colossal farce.

Here's the lyrics to this most popular Christian hymn: Jesus loves me this I KNOW for the Bible tells me so...
isn't that strange, isn't that a most despicable caricature, a mockery of the grandest and sublimest of feelings known to the human race that a god of love should proclaim his love for us in a book written God knows when? My brothers it is love itself that proves that the christian god is a lie. He can offer himself to us in his son, his most precious gift yet he cannot speak to us, cannot respond to the intimate needs of our aching hearts-hearts hungry not for an intellectual response but for a heartfelt touch of warmth, of fatherly constant presence? Love says that Christian God is a curse to our souls. Through that cold book he has robbed us, twisted us, despoiled us, sickened us, poisoned us. May Christianity perish and may the earth be free from this accursed miasma that has shrouded humanity.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Mujtahida: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

What is Satanism:
3. Replacement of God with Satan (Religious form of Atheism)

Christianity is actually satanism. That god in the old testament is none other than Satan wrecking havoc on gentiles. In fact in satanic circles the name Jehovah is used to conjure up demons. Christianity is a replacement of the God who created the universe with a made up, confusing patchwork of mindfucking ideas written by people like Paul of Tarsus. Christianity plays on the nature and laws of the universe and takes credit for it in the name of Jesus just because humans are ignorant and have a deep need to believe.
Christianity is the religion that binds with the truth, blinds with the light and brings death with life.

Christianity is the thief that comes to kill, to steal and to destroy. Church and Christian history proves this much to be true. Even your Jesus will reject your Christianity!!! It is Christianity that will enthrone the anti Christ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Generational Curses: The Myths And The Truth According To The Bible / End-time Bible Teaching: 50 SIGNS Of RAPTURE/ END-TIME / How Could you claim you Know God Yet Lack Power To Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.