Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378159 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bake19: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2022
The processing time for approval right now takes between 36 to 5 months, depending on the service center that is attending to your case.
olamie:
Good day,
I’m a US LPR and I filed for my husband last year march, the category is F2A. I hear people say the wait time is 2years. Is the wait time observed before uscis approval? After the approval, what happens next and how long does it take to be transferred to NVC?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olamie: 10:23am On Mar 22, 2022
bake19:
How are you doing ? I remembered your immigration journey from days before covid, hope you are well settled now, hope your siblings have also immigrated.

Wow! Thank you. We’re doing very well. They moved to the US and are settling pretty well. Thank you for asking.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olamie: 10:26am On Mar 22, 2022
bake19:
The processing time for approval right now takes between 36 to 5 months, depending on the service center that is attending to your case.

The service center is California
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olamie: 10:28am On Mar 22, 2022
bake19:
Is your husband in the us or Nigeria ?
If in Nigeria: after submitting form I 130 you get a priority date, so the 2 years they are talking about starts from your priority date. As of now after you have been approved by uscis,
your case will be sent to nvc and since f2a is current as at now, they will invite you to submit your supporting documents, stating what they need you to submit. After nvc has deemed your case to be documentrily complete, they will wait for lagos embassy to schedule him for interview. As at today people going through this process are spending more than 3 years on the process.

Okay. Thanks a lot. Can I apply for K3 if that’s still ongoing?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bake19: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
K3 is for us citizen, therefore you cannot apply. You will have to wait it out and pray things move fast. What you can do again is for him to apply to schools for study to get student Visa, seeing as it is easier to integrate into their job force with it unlike a foreign degree. But it has to be stated where necessary that he is been filed for so as not to misrepresent. If he is lucky enough to get a student visa, you should be able to adjust status to greencard after uscis approval, provided he has spent more than 90 days on the student visa.
olamie:

Okay. Thanks a lot. Can I apply for K3 if that’s still ongoing?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by cannyonyi: 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
Good day All,
I didn't even know a group like this exists. Please forgive me if I sound a bit too naïve as this is my first time here and I am trying to take in a lot of information at once. I got a welcome and approval mail from NVC giving me my case number and some other links to pay my F1 immigrant fees, affidavit of support fees, etc. But I am unable to do this even though the 72 hours activation period has passed. I also see a message telling me that I am not eligible to process my application now and would be contacted once it is my time.
I want to know what is really going on as I heard this can take like another 5years or more before I can process my application. Please is this true and what should I expect at this stage
N/B: Also, I don't know if this will help in giving me a good answer, I saw that my priority date was October 2019. What is priority date??
Please if you can send me other useful link for more information I will be grateful. Thanks All.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by yemco74: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
Boofrenzy:
Good day guys I have been following the thread for sometime now and for now just have a question to ask. My petition was recently approved but at the time of application I was in Nigeria and filled Visa centre as Abuja. I moved to UK last year and would like to transfer the visa processing centre to UK. Please advise , if it's better to transfer to UK , how do I go about this ?
Send an email to Nvc ,they will advise you on what to do.I was once in that situation.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Jehnii: 9:25am On Mar 30, 2022
cannyonyi:
Good day All,
I didn't even know a group like this exists. Please forgive me if I sound a bit too naïve as this is my first time here and I am trying to take in a lot of information at once. I got a welcome and approval mail from NVC giving me my case number and some other links to pay my F1 immigrant fees, affidavit of support fees, etc. But I am unable to do this even though the 72 hours activation period has passed. I also see a message telling me that I am not eligible to process my application now and would be contacted once it is my time.
I want to know what is really going on as I heard this can take like another 5years or more before I can process my application. Please is this true and what should I expect at this stage
N/B: Also, I don't know if this will help in giving me a good answer, I saw that my priority date was October 2019. What is priority date??
Please if you can send me other useful link for more information I will be grateful. Thanks All.

Priority date is when your petition was filled, right now people that are eligible to be interviewed after submission of documents are those whose petition were filled 2014, so meaning you have 5more years to wait to get to that stage. As for the stage of submission of documents, they’re at people that were filled for in 2016, so for this stage, you have 3more years to go. And that’s why you have those words in your ceac summary page telling you it not eligible for further processing.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Iyaboys: 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone, I am new here...my brother filed for me in 2014 for the f4 category. i got approval of my petition yesterday that my case has been transferred to NVC. Please people what is the next stage and the duration to getting interview date? the petition took 8 years to be approved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Jehnii: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
Iyaboys:
Hello everyone, I am new here...my brother filed for me in 2014 for the f4 category. i got approval of my petition yesterday that my case has been transferred to NVC. Please people what is the next stage and the duration to getting interview date? the petition took 8 years to be approved
Duration to getting interview date, with the backlog at the embassy, that’s another 9years from now. Without backlog or if cleared, then it’s 7years.
On the next stage, Its just to wait same 7years cause they’re at 2007 people that were filled for. So just go on with life and check back in 5-7years time.
Congratulations on your approval.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Iyaboys: 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
Jehnii:

Duration to getting interview date, with the backlog at the embassy, that’s another 9years from now. Without backlog or if cleared, then it’s 7years.
On the next stage, Its just to wait same 7years cause they’re at 2007 people that were filled for. So just go on with life and check back in 5-7years time.
Congratulations on your approval.

Wow....thanks for the update, I sure will go on with life lol. I do really appreciate. ..

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uist: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I need help with my question, my mom visa application is currently at the NVC stage, I submitted all the supporting documents on NVC page, l got a notification yesterday to check my online account, I was surprised to see the police certificate got rejected!

A friend helped me to do the police clearance in Lagos, and it was 3 months validity. Jan - April.

My mom lives in Benin city, can this be done in state area command in Benin?

I just realized my friend defrauded me and issued me fake police certificate clearance.

Please I need your advice. My mom is too old to travel to alagbon by herself.
As anyone used police certificate issued in Benin and was the certificate accepted?
Please advise
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Onyawire(f): 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Check previous posts.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by internationalman(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
uist:
Hello everyone,

Please I need help with my question, my mom visa application is currently at the NVC stage, I submitted all the supporting documents on NVC page, l got a notification yesterday to check my online account, I was surprised to see the police certificate got rejected!

A friend helped me to do the police clearance in Lagos, and it was 3 months validity. Jan - April.

My mom lives in Benin city, can this be done in state area command in Benin?

I just realized my friend defrauded me and issued me fake police certificate clearance.

Please I need your advice. My mom is too old to travel to alagbon by herself.
As anyone used police certificate issued in Benin and was the certificate accepted?
Please advise

Yes I did my at Area Command Sapele road Benin City..

They will transfer it to Lagos themselves and ask you to come and collect it about a week later.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bivoprad(f): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2022
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by cannyonyi: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2022
Thankyou Jhenni for that response. It was very helpful.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Shegzy585: 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
please add me to spousa visa whatsapp 08132757661
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 15, 2022
Please if one’s parents doesn’t have marriage certificate . They only got married traditional way. What document can one get to prove marriage?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Shegzy585: 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
please where can I do my police report in lagos? can it be done anywhere in nigeria?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by HECTORIOUS: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
Good day all, have been following this thread for awhile would appreciate if y’all could add me up to the WhatsApp group.
PD April 24 2007
Category: f4
Paid fees and and uploaded all Civil doc. Became Documentarily qualified 2020. The wait time done Dey make eye turn me�
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 5:52am On Apr 18, 2022
gud day house
my priority date is march 2007 DQ December 2020
when should i be expecting IL
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 5:53am On Apr 18, 2022
f4
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 6:03am On Apr 18, 2022
f4
PRIORITY date march 2007
QD December 2020
when should i be expecting my IL
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2022
bonawaja:
f4

Are you current?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by internationalman(m): 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
NVC is currently reviewing documents submitted to them on the 27th of January.. They have been reviewing the ones submitted to them on the 19th of January since last week and they didn't review mine.

I'm worried, because the time frame had already past the Time I submitted. I submitted on the 19th of January.

Does anyone know what I should do.

Thanks y'all.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by seyifrenzy(m): 6:30am On Apr 20, 2022
Good day my wonderful people.

Thank you for always giving prompt and correct information on this platform. God bless you all. Amen.

I have a question pertaining my application.

My dad wants to do a US study visa for my wife. He even went ahead to pay someone about $2500 to help with the application cos he has excellent US study visa approval (80%). Haaa!

My question is although my wife is well-travelled, she is ,sadly, a US migrant F3 applicant as I added as a FOLLOWING in my filing process.

Will her US study visa application be refused automatically on such grounds?

The paid-agent who claims to have interned with the USCIS at some points in his career said he has helped some guys who are being filed for get US study visas. He is even surprised I was refused at all.

He subsequently said my wife stands a chance of getting a US study visa. How true is this! Sorry I'm a doubting Thomas.

Please what are the chances cos I don't want the $2500 to go into waste?

Also, the agent said I could be given a dependent visa to follow her. I don't trust this information.

Please how true is this cos I have been refused the US study visa twice cos I am been filed for?

Hope this agent is not only out to milk an-already-lean cow.

PLEASE HELP ME!

seyifrenzy:
My dad is a US citizen. He filed for me about 5 years ago.

Thus, I'm the primary applicant for a US immigrant visa.

Over the waiting 5 years, I have passed my DNA test. Recently, I got married and we now have a son.

About 3 months ago, I received some messages from the NVC and I have completed and paid for my IV application fee. I equally added my family as ACCOMPANY.

Unfortunately, I am unable to pay for the application fee of my accompanying spouse and son.

How do I pay for them?

The message on my dashboard reads: "NVC cannot review your submitted documents until we have received all the required documents DS-260, Civil Documents and Financial Documents. Once these documents have been submitted, we will review your case....."

Does this message mean I have some outstanding documents to submit to the NVC? If yes, how do I know the documents am I yet to submit?

I mailed NVC for clarifications, and the NVC said I should pay for my wife and son to complete my application.

Unfortunately, the NOT PAID icons against my wife and son's names are still not selecting on my phone - so I can't pay for them.

My SUMMARY INFORMATION reads: "Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The NVC will retain the petition until an immigrant visa becomes available...."

I'm confused. The whole family is worried.

What do I do now?
Or should I change my family to follow-to-join?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by HECTORIOUS: 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
[quote author=bonawaja post=112044604]f4
PRIORITY date march 2007
QD December 2020
when should i be expecting my IL[

Be expectant….
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 7:52am On Apr 21, 2022
Shegzy585:
please where can I do my police report in lagos? can it be done anywhere in nigeria?
yes the city u leave
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2022
uchetobi:

Are you current?
yes since last year August
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 8:12am On Apr 21, 2022
Jehnii:

Priority date is when your petition was filled, right now people that are eligible to be interviewed after submission of documents are those whose petition were filled 2014, so meaning you have 5more years to wait to get to that stage. As for the stage of submission of documents, they’re at people that were filled for in 2016, so for this stage, you have 3more years to go. And that’s why you have those words in your ceac summary page telling you it not eligible for further processing.

I agree with you
When your brother fill for u and USCIS received your petition USCIS will allocate a a date for u and send a notification to your petitioner that they have received your petition that date is your priority date.
Summary; the day USCIS received your petition is your priority date
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 8:15am On Apr 21, 2022
uchetobi:

Are you current?
yes since last year August

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.