Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378277 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 7:49pm On Mar 02
I saw this on another thread

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 6:49pm On Mar 15
Interesting update on the US travel.gov website visa bulletin page. Heard this was normal practice pre Covid times .. Hopefully we get to see real movements in the coming months like projected

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16
dammodee911:
Interesting update on the US travel.gov website visa bulletin page. Heard this was normal practice pre Covid times .. Hopefully we get to see real movements in the coming months like projected

Great news!! Ain't holding my breath though.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 5:16pm On Mar 18
F4, 4 weeks is nothing, I have a visa calculator that tells me I have 8 years to be current, after waiting 11 years.

https://www.mygcvisa.com/calculator/
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 12:38am On Mar 20
dammodee911:

I don’t think it’s going to be monthly movement. It’s for the rest of the fiscal year. So read section E
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 4:25pm On Mar 23
Taal17:

Are you sure you have the right website

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 5:07pm On Mar 23
Abeg any email to reach NVC wey them dey reply on time not automated mbok?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 5:39pm On Mar 26
AskNVC.com is the fastest email and get reply fast
stacyadams:
Abeg any email to reach NVC wey them dey reply on time not automated mbok?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 10:47am On Apr 01
Duuzsz:

Once you get your Welcome Letter from NVC,

The first step is to pay required fees. (IV fee and Affidavit of Support fee). IV is $325 and AOS is $120
After you made the payment, it will take couple of days/weeks to process. (It took 2 days for me)

Once the payment process, you can start to fill out online IV application which is DS-260. One important note about DS-260 is once you submit the application you cannot edit it. So please double check your application before you hit submit. Also you will need to print out the confirmation page for the interview stage.

After the DS260 submission the civil documents tab will open up and you will need to upload scanned Passport Biographic page, marriage certificate, Police certificate (from beneficiary's home country), Birth certificate and Photograph.

Once you upload all required Civil documents you can click "Submit Documents".

For the AOS, you will need to find which I-864 form you need and download it from USCIS official website and after filling it out you will need to upload it to the NVC system. Make sure you combine all pages as one file before uploading.

If your sponsor doesn’t meet the Household income requirements, you will have an option to add joint sponsor/ household member once your payment did process. You follow same steps here as AOS.

After forms submitted, AOS uploaded and Civil documents submitted in the system. You will need to wait NVC to review your case and send you "Documentary Qualified". Also known as C C ( case complete)

Regarding your second question: I believe you’ve found the answer in between my post, you need to start uploading after filling the ds260 form.

Regarding your third question: its not advisable, it’s fraud, the US government frown at this, and the implications is severe. It has a lot of negative effects! So don’t try it.
. Can the application fees be paid In Nigeria and how pls?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by kennyfem(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04
stacyadams:
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 9:50am On Apr 10
Good news! Big jump for the family category.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 5:20pm On Apr 10
dammodee911:
Yea. Possibly, 1 more visa bulletin for sb I know (F4) grin
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 11:00pm On Apr 10
stacyadams:

NVC fees require payment from a US based account or card.

Let your petitioner make the payment. or someone in the US.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 11:16pm On Apr 10
Taal17:

NVC fees require payment from a US based account or card.

Let your petitioner make the payment. or someone in the US.
Thank you chief
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ausdre(m): 12:15am On Apr 11
Our priority date for F1 category is April 2015 meaning we are now current.

Due to Lagos being very slow, we are thinking of transferring our case to another West African country with free space. What do you all think please?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 5:14am On Apr 11
dammodee911:

What's the difference between the two tables on the family sponsored category. I've always assumed I fall under the second table.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 7:52am On Apr 11
zed7:

What's the difference between the two tables on the family sponsored category. I've always assumed I fall under the second table.
Second table is being current for documents and fees while the first is for being current for interview letter, medicals, and interview...Visa.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 7:53am On Apr 11
Ausdre:
Our priority date for F1 category is April 2015 meaning we are now current.

Due to Lagos being very slow, we are thinking of transferring our case to another West African country with free space. What do you all think please?
It is hard to pull. First, ask the embassy you wanna transfer it to if they can take the case.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 7:54am On Apr 11
aestake:

Second table is being current for documents and fees while the first is for being current for interview letter, medicals, and interview...Visa.
I see, thanks. I should be looking at the second then as I'm yet to pay the fees.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 7:57am On Apr 11
zed7:

I see, thanks. I should be looking at the second then as I'm yet to pay the fees.
Yep. Pd? Category?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 8:00am On Apr 11
aestake:

Yep. Pd? Category?
Jan 2013. F4
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 8:26am On Apr 11
Pls house f11 is it f1 or f2b on the visa bulletin,because I don't understand because on the visa bulletin am not seeing f11
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 1:12pm On Apr 11
zed7:

Jan 2013. F4
No no... shouldn't be here now lol.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 1:13pm On Apr 11
idriskamss:
Pls house f11 is it f1 or f2b on the visa bulletin,because I don't understand because on the visa bulletin am not seeing f11
F1. Age? What are you to the petitioner?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 2:48pm On Apr 11
aestake:

No no... shouldn't be here now lol.

Yes o. After 11 years wait, I'm nothing close...lol. I just happen to follow the thread to learn.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 3:33pm On Apr 11
aestake:

F1. Age? What are you to the petitioner?

Daughter to the petitioner and am 30 years now
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 5:08pm On Apr 11
zed7:

Yes o. After 11 years wait, I'm nothing close...lol. I just happen to follow the thread to learn.
No worries. It might move faster and better in the future. When my guy was petitioned in 2007, it was a 10-year wait.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 5:08pm On Apr 11
idriskamss:

Daughter to the petitioner and am 30 years now
Daughter of a USC older than 21 years. You gonna remain unmarried, right.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 5:47pm On Apr 11
aestake:

Daughter of a USC older than 21 years. You gonna remain unmarried, right.

Yes exactly unmarried

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 3:17am On Apr 12
idriskamss:

Yes exactly unmarried
You can still start family if you want but don't marry.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 7:40am On Apr 12
aestake:

You can still start family if you want but don't marry.

Ok so F11 Is the same thing as F1 right?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 9:36am On Apr 12

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.