Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality (928 Views)

Nigeria Is A Poor Country / See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. / Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
I have interacted with people from many countries and the most striking difference in thinking of people from developed countries vs poor countries can be summarized as below:

Poor country people: Our country is in bad situations because current president is corrupt and only thinks of himself. I miss the old president. I hope that next president will be good.

Developed country person thinking: There are problems with certain policies so people of our town gathered and solved that problem. I need to study and work hard to help country and bring it forward.

People from poor countries believe in bad/good president. They think their fate is in the hands of the rulers. They think their action is not important and only a superman president can lift the country. They simple don’t believe in their power.

People from developed countries think that it is their responsibility to move nation forward, not the president’s (C)

2 Likes

Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by PapaBrowne(m): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
Very on point.

I wonder where we got the terrible impression that it's one Super leader like that that will come and fix problems.

Society solves it's problem with forward thinking solutions from the collective

1 Like

Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by ikbnice(m): 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
OP, Which of these two categories do you fall into?
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
ikbnice:
OP, Which of these two categories do you fall into?

To be frank with you Poor country mentality but now i have seen the lightsmiley
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by ikbnice(m): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
thebosstrevor:

To be frank with you Poor country mentality but now i have seen the lightsmiley
It pains me that I belong to that category too and the worse part, I still do.
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
ikbnice:
It pains me that I belong to that category too and the worse part, I still do.

i think our tribal political climate is the might hindrance affecting us in solving the country problems collectively
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by izombie(m): 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Op there are things the government should do for the people and there are things the people should do for the country. A president should provide electricity for his people and only then would you expect the people to pay for electricity they use. How do you expect me to pay toll fees when the roads are very bad? There are a lot of poor countries where everything is in place. Rich countries are rich because the government put a lot of things in place. I live in south africa and i tell you that i don't worry about electricity or water because i know my duty is to pay for these things and they'll be provided. The roads are so good that i am happy to pay toll fees. You get what i'm saying?
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
izombie:
Op there are things the government should do for the people and there are things the people should do for the country. A president should provide electricity for his people and only then would you expect the people to pay for electricity they use. How do you expect me to pay toll fees when the roads are very bad? There are a lot of poor countries where everything is in place. Rich countries are rich because the government put a lot of things in place. I live in south africa and i tell you that i don't worry about electricity or water because i know my duty is to pay for these things and they'll be provided. The roads are so good that i am happy to pay toll fees. You get what i'm saying?

The president is a single man and cant solve Nigeria's problem alone,you dont expect one man to have the mater plan on how to develop Nigeria.

our ministers,senators,the reps,the state governors,the state house of assembly,local government chairmen etc,they also need to take responsibility for the blame of the destruction of Nigeria because they all form the government.

One single man(the preseident) wont solve Nigeria's problems until we come together and collectively build up the nations
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by mikolo80: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
izombie:
why can't you provide electricity security or trains. Which country did govt provide these things without electorate forcing them .or you think ready made will fall from heaven
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by izombie(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
thebosstrevor:

The president is a single man and cant solve Nigeria's problem alone,you dont expect one man to have the mater plan on how to develop Nigeria.

our ministers,senators,the reps,the state governors,the state house of assembly,local government chairmen etc,they also need to take responsibility for the blame of the destruction of Nigeria because they all form the government.

One single man(the preseident) wont solve Nigeria's problems until we come together and collectively build up the nations
i'm sorry but the buck stops with the president. The president is the number one man. Whatever he says happens. Thats why coaches get sacked eventhough he's not on the pitch playing.
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by izombie(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
mikolo80:
why can't you provide electricity security or trains. Which country did govt provide these things without electorate forcing them .or you think ready made will fall from heaven
in countries i have visited the goernment is not forced to do the most basic things. Nigerians are not asking for the government to build a space station in nigeria. We just want them to provide us the most basic amenities like electricity and good roads.
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by mikolo80: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
izombie:
in countries i have visited the goernment is not forced to do the most basic things. Nigerians are not asking for the government to build a space station in nigeria. We just want them to provide us the most basic amenities like electricity and good roads.
you lie or are very ignorant of the facts. Every country forces it's leaders to work. Every. Name the countries you've visited and I will prove it
Re: Poor Country People Mentality Vs Developed Country People Mentality by ourema(f): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
thebosstrevor:
I have interacted with people from many countries and the most striking difference in thinking of people from developed countries vs poor countries can be summarized as below:

Poor country people: Our country is in bad situations because current president is corrupt and only thinks of himself. I miss the old president. I hope that next president will be good.

Developed country person thinking: There are problems with certain policies so people of our town gathered and solved that problem. I need to study and work hard to help country and bring it forward.

People from poor countries believe in bad/good president. They think their fate is in the hands of the rulers. They think their action is not important and only a superman president can lift the country. They simple don’t believe in their power.

People from developed countries think that it is their responsibility to move nation forward, not the president’s (C)
As truthful as this seem to appear, taking Nigeria as a case study you find out that even the constitution is highly skewed to reflect the superman status of one person which in this case is the president. As as devolution of political power is given to the three tiers of government that superman status is bound to crumble

(1) (Reply)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Tribune Newspaper Headlines [4th September, 2017]. / Must Read: Frsc Offence Sheet And Penalty / BREAKING: Many Injured As Hausa, Igbo Traders Clash In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.