Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic (25508 Views)

Davido: INEC Planning To Declare Osun Election Inconclusive / Midwest Movement Threatened To Declare Bendel Republic (edo/delta)- Sunnewspaper / Picture Of A Biafran Soilder Flogging A Villager In Midwest During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by phosky(m): 5:31am On Aug 11, 2017
GROUP THREATENS TO BREAK OUT OF NIGERIA AND DECLARE BENDEL REPUBLIC

A group, Midwest Movement, has threatened to declare Bendel Republic if the Federal Government fails to address ethnic agitations.

It urged the government to revert to the 1960 and 1963 constitutions, to entrench true federalism.

Addressing reporters in Benin City, the group’s convener, Dr. Don Pedro Obaseki, said restructuring was the solution to the agitations.

Obaseki, who noted that the Nigerian federation was in dire straits, said the body was concerned about the country’s situation.

Eyes Of Lagos investigations show that, Reading the movement’s eight-point demand, he advocated structural deconstruction of the federation, saying the nation should be reconstructed through a re-federalisation process, using the 1963 Constitution as template.

Obaseki advised the Federal Government to broaden its consultation and engagement with stakeholders of ethnic nationalities, including the Midwest, to ensure restructuring.

Said he: “The uncertainty pervading the country is as a result of years of injustice, neglect and violation of terms agreed by the founding fathers at independence in 1960.

“We belong to the Midwest Region and we condemn attempts by ethnic groups trying to include it in their agitations. We will resist attempt by ethnic jingoists to annex, attach or conscript the Midwest territory as part of their territories.”

source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/08/group-threatens-to-break-out-of-nigeria.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by zainabfidelity(f): 5:36am On Aug 11, 2017
This name sound dull, try something nice. Naija breakup loading, omo how many pieces. Wait count.
Bendal.
Arewa.
Biafra.
Oduduwa.
Delta.
Shekauniya.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by BUHARItesticles: 5:37am On Aug 11, 2017
For this reason, I appreciate Nnamdi Kanu for stirring Nigeria for a wake to express our desires

193 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by gabinogem(m): 5:39am On Aug 11, 2017
Okay Na! Another one done start 4 this other side. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by exposition: 6:16am On Aug 11, 2017
This mata son turn to joke! Abeg we dey reason serious tins here o!abakiliki we want our WAWA Republic!

15 Likes

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 11, 2017
Biafra
Niger delta
Middle belt
Oduduwa republic
Arewa
Now, bendel.
Jokes everywhere all I see

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by Onyegecha(f): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2017
Every group should bring it on! Nigeria must either listen to our cries or break. If any group keeps quiet now, they should be ready to cry forever.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by JoNach: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2017
K

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by kbams241: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2017
Lol
Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by stefanweeks: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2017
hahahha

jokers everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by Chrisozone: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2017
D
Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by pautex: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2017
Nice one guys... its been Long overdue. Thank God we are beginning to see the reality. Nigeria is seating on a time bomb. The time is now.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by swiz123(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2017
Nigeria was never one. We are too different to be

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2017
Everyone declaring his or her own republic here and there. Its just becoming a circus show.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by taylor88(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu the eye opener

may u live long for taking the lead of freedom now others have to follow

the ZOO must fall

stand on its way and get BEDistically caged without movement in another man's land

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by dokiOloye(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu don remind everybody to use him/her sense.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by taylor88(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
easyfem:
I'm from Edo state but I don't want bendel, I wish Edo could be marge wit Yoruba's , its only Yoruba I see future

Holy ghost fire x3000

u and who dey merge with yoruba

I reject every spirit of SKULLarship for me and my unborn children

I rather kill myself and run away than stay in same country with Back Stabbers

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
hahahahaha
I was sitting with my friends and we felt that mbo LGA.
has been producing all the oil that Aks has been ripping us dry.
we will break out of Aks and Nigeria and form our Oro Republic.

Oro Republic ...#AfangKi

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by KendrickAyomide: 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
nnn
Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by easyfem(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
I'm from Edo state but I don't want bendel, I wish Edo could be marge wit Yoruba's , its only Yoruba I see future

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by malabite3: 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
Wonderful. We need more of these groups

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
I declare Nairaland Republic.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by TheKingIsHere: 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
Seun, make we declare nairaland republic? grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by shotin(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
the white caused this, they forcefully join us to be one, we are never one... i have always said this only if the f.g can give a true federalism a trial, that is when all this groups of secession will seize to exist. Let Each states look for is comparative advantage and use it to develop its state and lets everybody be better off.. GOD BLESS NIGERIA...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Everybody to stand for there rights, if things goes on like this, maybe we might not breakup because leaders might stand up and listen to what we want.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by nwanna81: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
For this reason, I appreciate Nnamdi Kanu for stirring Nigeria for a wake to express our desires

gr8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by DaBillionnaire: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
i hope i dont end up agitating for my own personal republic cos i can see every region wants to republicise grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
We are on the verge of destroying our country with our own hands. You know what they say; you never know what you have till you've lost it.

Yes Nigeria is in a dire state but I dont think breaking up is the solution.

What we need is a master plan to build Nigeria, to make sure each state produce something worth selling to other nations.

Next we need leaders, visionaries not stomach infrastructure leaders, not thugs, not 'polithievecians' and 'poli-riffraffs'.

Our education system should be reformed. Our people, our police force and army reoriented.

Most importantly let's get rid of corruption and greed and then you'll see how high Nigeria will be regarded globally.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by silento(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
for sale

1 Like

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by three: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Before,

When the raison d'etre of a whole Nation is resource based cake sharing.

Historically unsustainable business model.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic by seedorfg(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
grin
what about isoko republic
jokers everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Sule Lamido Gives Reasons Nigerians Must Sack Buhari, APC / Ben Bruce Spotted With Atiku, Gbenga Daniel & Chief Tom Ikimi / £4.2m Ibori Loot Paid To Delta State Government – Accountant General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.