Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt (6413 Views)

EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) / PHCN Worker Electrocuted In Isolo, Died Hanging On The Ladder / Graphic Photos: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by fire4fire: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2010
T
Tudór:

Who in their right mind names a bus stop 'slaughter'?. . . .oh, the irony. . . .
The bus stop is slaughter " where cows are slaughtered " this time around it turns out to be human being slaughtered by the inefficient PHCN cable.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by chic2pimp(m): 6:03pm On Feb 16, 2010
This Is So Sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
May Their Souls Rest In Peace.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by otawa: 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2010
What a nation!

I can bet everything I have on this.

In another 6months, same thing will happen in another city.

We never seem to have the capacity to provide 'simple measures' to prevent re-occurence of a disaster!

Even 'Gorilla' in the bush is a bit better than us, Nigerians!
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by princekevo(m): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2010
This is like becoming a ritual in P.H. Heavy rain on 13th or 14 feb, Power cables falling and killing people in PH, i dont know what the Government is doing abt that. I could not eat for 2 days the morning i saw an Okada man being electricuted, inside the gutter on 14 feb night 2005. The wife might have been waiting for the poor man at home, probably thinking the husband was outside having fun with another woman on that Val's night. Is really a pitty.

My greatest shock was tht it rained heavily that same day and my car sunk at the same point this man lying, we were pushing it out that night without knowing my fellow man was lying in the gutter jst a meter away from where we stood. Until the next we discovered this. May their gentle rest in peace.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by texazzpete(m): 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2010
Tudór:

Who in their right mind names a bus stop 'slaughter'?. . . .oh, the irony. . . .

cows and goats are slaughtered in a nearby abbatoir.
You may as well ask "who in their right mind would name a football club 'Arsenal'"
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by MrCrackles(m): 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by 190: 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2010
[size=20pt]may their souls rest in peace, over 60perons dead from electrocution

this is terrible

God[/size]
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by biolabee(m): 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2010
May their souls rest in peace
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by allboyz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2010
RIP. . .very sad!
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Akwasi(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2010
What a way to die?!!! First of all my heart goes out to all the bereaved family. Its sooo sad when tragedy takes a loved one. One thing about tragedy is that you dont see it happen and when it does and you lose a loved one who prior to it was not sick or not giving any indication of leaving this world, believe me, it can really bite you.

On the issue of who to blame, I personally think its not necessary and doesn't have to come in. I bet you if any official or officer responsible knew this will happen, they would have acted. That is why sometimes it is rightly called 'ACCIDENT'. Only GOD knows why HE makes these things happen.

I in my physical form can say its because HE really loves us that HE has to sometimes do 'SELECTION' to stabilize this world. HE in HIS wisdom bring certain people together, lets say in this case a bus full of 'saints or sinners' who HE has to get out of the World. With powers far exceeding anything we can imagine, HE does HIS work in any way HE pleases. But we should all remember its for the greater love far exceeding any we can imagine that HE allow tragedies to happen. Like the Tsunami in Indonesia, the devastating earthquake in Haiti, the terrorism and the so called counter terrorism going on in the world and all that.

The good news is that in the end, HE has promised us rest in HIM. HE has promised all those who do good, good ending. That is why I'm always glad when a righteous person dies. It's not a loss, Its a rest. Who wants to remain in this messy world anyway?!!!!!
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by eros(m): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2010
How sad. sad sad sad I pray God Almighty accepts the souls of the dead
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Qiana(f): 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2010
d numbers are changing everyday, i heard from some1 dat lst her husband from dat incident dat dey were upto 100 bodies
nywaiz rip 2 dem all.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by tayoast(m): 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2010
eh yah. wat a tragic incident.

May God grant their families d fortitude 2 bear d loss
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by annyplenty(m): 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2010
PHCN should begin to go the wat of underground cables.

may their souls find peace of the Creator
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 17, 2010
May Heaven rest their souls. They will never be forgotten. Amen.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by riversman: 1:03am On Feb 17, 2010
wat a sad story!!!! geez!!! port harcourt is one chaotic city with poor Urban planning, Garden city my behind,

@tudor - the city abatoir is near the main bus stop. so dats y its called slaughter bus stop, the name "slaughter" actually came about after the locals protested the unhygenic situation in which yoruba and hausa men were killing cows, and not giving a damn, ofcourse the city did build an abatoir but did not enforce cleanliness.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by gee2(m): 2:03am On Feb 17, 2010
sent chills down ma body n i waz speechless when i heard bout it sat. morning.
may God grant their families the grace to carry on.
R.I.P to the lost souls
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by samsoft00: 3:33am On Feb 17, 2010
this is end time
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Outstrip(f): 6:44am On Feb 17, 2010
May their souls rest in peace
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by sayso: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2010
May their souls resp in perfect peace.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by FKseun(m): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2010
My heart goes to all the families of all those that lost their lives. We are so unfortunate in this country, so so unfortunate! Mishaps occur and the news is suppressed. Our President is sick, the news is suppressed, our banks were in deep shit, Soludo suppressed the news, our airlines were flying coffins, the news was suppressed. When shall we start accepting our faults in order to forge a better way forward? On Tuesday February 16, 2010 a guy was taking his kids to school in his car and another high tension cable suddenly snapped and was swinging in a scary way and it landed on this guy's jeep, there were blue flames and all. It was a miracle that he managed to get his car out of harms way with his kids. He was totally shaken after the incident. Thank God no one died. PHCN eventual sent a team to rectify it some hours later.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by beebop(f): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2010
Akwasi:

What a way to die?!!! First of all my heart goes out to all the bereaved family. Its sooo sad when tragedy takes a loved one. One thing about tragedy is that you dont see it happen and when it does and you lose a loved one who prior to it was not sick or not giving any indication of leaving this world, believe me, it can really bite you.

On the issue of who to blame, I personally think its not necessary and doesn't have to come in. I bet you if any official or officer responsible knew this will happen, they would have acted. That is why sometimes it is rightly called 'ACCIDENT'. Only GOD knows why HE makes these things happen.

I in my physical form can say its because HE really loves us that HE has to sometimes do 'SELECTION' to stabilize this world. HE in HIS wisdom bring certain people together, lets say in this case a bus full of 'saints or sinners' who HE has to get out of the World. With powers far exceeding anything we can imagine, HE does HIS work in any way HE pleases. But we should all remember its for the greater love far exceeding any we can imagine that HE allow tragedies to happen. Like the Tsunami in Indonesia, the devastating earthquake in Haiti, the terrorism and the so called counter terrorism going on in the world and all that.

The good news is that in the end, HE has promised us rest in HIM. HE has promised all those who do good, good ending. That is why I'm always glad when a righteous person dies. It's not a loss, Its a rest. Who wants to remain in this messy world anyway?!!!!!

what a frigging STUPID statement. It's this stupid 'leave it to God' argument I hear everyday that rationalizes preventable crap like this. PHCN should be held accountable. Power cables are extremely dangerous and should be SECURELY fastened no matter what the weather conditions are. Tsunamis and earthquakes are NOT comparable conditions. People die every minute, but people that die due to absurd careless events like this DO NOT deserve to lose their lives and your silly statement trivializes their loss.

well when you are 'selected' have fun with it. I would hate to lose any loved ones to stupid crap like that and I shouldn't.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by zoragirl: 10:45am On Feb 17, 2010
oh my God what a nation, something of this magnitude happens and we do not get to hear about it, it is terrible God help us, i pray God will give the families of the departed the fortitude to bear the loss. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by islamabad1: 11:08am On Feb 17, 2010
The Nigerian government are to be blamed for the appalling fatality rate of people mostly from the west & south dying unduly and unjust deaths. The Jihadist comprising most of the so called Federal GunMen (Government) of Nigeria are winning.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 17, 2010
riversman:

wat a sad story!!!! geez!!! port harcourt is one chaotic city with poor Urban planning, Garden city my behind,

@tudor - the city abatoir is near the main bus stop. so dats y its called slaughter bus stop, the name "slaughter" actually came about after the locals protested the unhygenic situation in which yoruba and hausa men were killing cows, and not giving a damn, ofcourse the city did build an abatoir but did not enforce cleanliness.
Word,bro.
They say it's the Garden City.
It's more like the Compost Garden City.So unplanned.
The "slaughter"bus stop is an eyesore in itself.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by lawrence83: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2010
about 86 people lost ther lifes, may be i cud have bin apart of dem.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by lawrence83: 11:56am On Feb 17, 2010
Eastbay:

Word,bro.
They say it's the Garden City.
It's more like the Compost Garden City.So unplanned.
The "slaughter"bus stop is an eyesore in itself.

A city with poor road network .
Slaughter is more than an eye sore.
i cant even figure out what to call it.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by nkirubb: 11:57am On Feb 17, 2010
may their souls rest in prefect peace.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
riversman:

Na wa oo riversman. see where u dey take this topic to undecided undecided undecided

Anyway, i also go to this market occasionally to buy either beef or goat meat and guess who my main man (seller) is >>>>>>> Ikwere
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by amf(f): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2010
the one that really touch my mind is of a woman selling food with 3 chidren all dead! very sad.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Genuflect(m): 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
So so sad. May their souls rest in peace
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Amigoz(f): 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
Indeed sad sad sad sad may their beautiful souls RIPP cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A 10 By 8 Shop Container For Sale @ ₦75000 (SOLD) / I Am So Rich, I Bath In Money!!(picture) / 11 Interesting Topics To Talk About With Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.