Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Evidence- There are no 7 Or 72 Virgins As Rewards for martyrs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evidence- There are no 7 Or 72 Virgins As Rewards for martyrs (2107 Views)

144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / 72 Virgins In Paradise? / Does The Koran Really Promise Islamic Martyrs 72 Virgins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Evidence- There are no 7 Or 72 Virgins As Rewards for martyrs by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2010
It took me at least nearly 2 weeks of questions to some Muslim friends and a visit to the a Muslim scholar at Obalende to try and understand what I now suspect to be either a myth, misquote or simply a lie that has been propagated throughout history,

I understand that I am not Muslim and lack the scholastic experience to analyze the open or hidden meanings of the Koran so I have picked a topic that is reasonably free from misquote, mis-interpretation and understanding (even a 10 year old will understand the question clearly).

So please be patient and answer this question with a sense of
1: Clarity and Truth (only say what you know for sure and is the truth by the Koran)
2: Support directly from the Koran or Hadith (anything else will be assumed to be unconfirmed or at best fiction)
3: No reference to allegories i.e no statement of metaphor, parables, stories, tales, symbolism or fables

I believe the above criteria removes the possibility that answers to this question will be contaminated with spurious arguments and unnecessary embellishments that often characterize arguments on NL. Your answers must show FACT and must be supported in the Koran or Hadith. anything else will be construed as a lie.

One more thing, you are free to re-phrase the question if it offers more clarity so that the answers are not biased because the question is biased

Thank you for your time

Some material i also viewed on the matter
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDd7qJmQ324[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kreXb6yxJsE[/flash]
Re: Evidence- There are no 7 Or 72 Virgins As Rewards for martyrs by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2010
Has anyone found any evidence yet? is it possible that there is actually no written record of this instruction that is so popularly used worldwide
Re: Evidence- There are no 7 Or 72 Virgins As Rewards for martyrs by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
In the absence of thoughtful correspondence from our usually virile and vocal Muslim devotees. I shall proceed to re-count my findings,

Shahid is a religious term in Islam, meaning "witness", but often the term "martyr." is assumed and it is a title for Muslims who have died fulfilling a religious commandment, or waging war for Islam.

The concept of martyrdom in Islam is linked with the entire religion of Islam. It is assumed (by unbelievers such as me) that the Arabic root salama, which means 'surrender' and 'peace', Islam is a wholesome and peaceful submission to the will of Allah. It means that one must prepared to die (martyrdom) in the course of this submission. It is a concept that can only be fully appreciated by one who is a devout muslim and has submitted fully to the will of Allah

The shahid is promised a place in paradise according to the Koran:

Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord; They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah. And with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (martyr's) glory in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve.
Koran, 3:169–170

Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the Garden (of Paradise): they fight in His Cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in Truth, through the Torah, the Gospel, and the Koran: and who is more faithful to his Covenant than Allah? Then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme. „
Koran, 9:111

I am not an expert in deciphering hidden meanings and metaphors in grammar but the above (I believe) is straight-forward, devoid of fable and lore. it is a simple declaration of assurance and rewards that await a devotee martyred in the course of fighting a holy war. (Jihad)

There is a difference between a suicide bombing and being martyred [/b]in the course of a Holy War.

But let there be amongst you traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill yourselves: for verily God hath been to you Most Merciful!
If any do that in rancour and injustice,- soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for God.
[b]Koran 4:29 – 4:30

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445:
Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, “A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him.”

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 73:
Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak: ”And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection.

So where is this very fertile instruction coming from? . Let us explore further the Gharib Hadiths (strange, scarce, weak or forged hadiths)

Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2562:
The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: “The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah (a Damascus suburb) to Sana’a (Yemen)“

color=#990000]
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Nobody who dies and finds good from Allah (in the Hereafter) would wish to come back to this world even if he were given the whole world and whatever is in it, except the martyr who, on seeing the superiority of martyrdom, would like to come back to the world and get killed again (in Allah’s Cause).” Sahih Bukhari, 4:52:53
[/color]

It is clear even to the "child" in Islam that suicide is discernible from martyrdom and that suicide is abhorred by the Holy Koran.

The Gharib Hadiths is considered weak because it has no Sanad - line or sequence of narration. This Hadith has a technical weaknesses in its chain of transmitters and is therefore not considered impeccable. Muslims are not required to believe in it.

The propagation of the 7 or 72 virgins as rewards for suicide bombing or martyrdom is a false teaching every muslim must discern and avoid because it makes mockery of the religion and its practitioners. to the point that anytime once hears of a suicide bombing, the next thing that easily comes to mind is all the virgins the bomber will have reveling sex with. wink no wonder we have a scarcity of virgins globally.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Akinade Of C.a.c Lion Of Judah Is Dead / Ten Things That God Wants You To Do / List Of Nigerian Pastors Who molest Church Members Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.