Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Thou Shall Not Kill. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thou Shall Not Kill. (4269 Views)

The Unrighteous Shall Not Inherit The Kingdom Of God - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Interpretation Of Exodus 20:5-6, 'thou Shall Not Bow Down Unto Any Othe God' / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by butterflylion: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

listen please, OP opened this thread about killing and talked about animals which you actually said wasn't referring to animals, I then call your attention to the midianite and Canaanite infants and you said you want to have a sensible discussion on it only for you to ask me if Yahweh exists?

can't you see its obvious you're trying very hard not to have a discussion by focusing on red herrings?

existence of a character doesn't have anything to do about its discussion

he said "Thou shall not kill" in a book, then commanded them to kill IN THE SAME BOOK!!!

how is its existence now so important? this is why certain atheists start losing patience sometimes, you said you want a discussion but your posts so far shows you're interested on another discussion entirely

Speak within your scope of perception if you want to be taken seriously. You wish to talk about a God you claim does not exist as if he is some character in a novel yet you relate the same character you term as fictional to real issues and expect people to think you are sane?

701ecilana Is very right with her position. How can she/he even begin having a serious discussion on a character who happens to be fictional to you when same character isn't fictional to him/her?

Where is the meeting point?
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by An2elect2(f): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe, you're moving the goalposts

one can criticise the hypocrisy of a TV character, isn't it?

one can say "Jon snow shouldn't have said A and said B again", that doesn't mean such a person is saying Jon Snow is real

some claim Socrates is real and some say he's not, both sets have criticisms and praises or both for the character "Socrates"

you take Yahweh to be real and I see "it" as a fictional character too many people believe is real

I honestly don't know what you're getting at here
People do not attack fictional characters except they are mad. grin
And you attack with great zeal!!! gringrin

Even the average mad man has better composure to things he considers "out of touch" grin

[/i]

1 Like

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

Every time I sit and deeply think and no matter how deeply I try to think about it I cannot understand why anyone would hate a non existent being or thing or place. It's a case study for science to unravel.

Why would someone hate something that does not exist? Science needs to study this.

Can hate become so pure and tangible that it can make ones fiction and mental denial a reality? Case study for science.
I know what is wrong. There are two personalities involved. A demon taking the body of a person as a host and the consciousness (albeit suppressed) of the host.

Satan has succeeded in lying to these people that God or anything supernatural doesn't exists. But he lives inside of them. Anytime their host comes across God-talk the hate satan and demons have for Yahweh stirs them up to fight it. But, they forget they say God doesn't exist, then why fight those who believe he does? Why not just give up on us?

How much do they talk about Shrek and Pokahontas in this forum? Why only Yahweh.

The fire of hell awaiting demons is what is responsible for the hate.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
An2elect2:
People do not attack fictional characters except they are mad. grin
And you attack with great zeal!!! gringrin

Even the average mad man has better composure to things he considers "out of touch" grin

[/i]

please, refrain from quoting me on this thread, I'm discussing with 701ecilana alone, if you pay attention you'll see that I haven't quoted anyone else
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

why not check the post yourself now? does it look like a proper post? come on you're not new on Nairaland or are you having a discussion with me or someone else?
I apologized for that nah.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

I know what is wrong. There are two personalities involved. A demon taking the body of a person as a host and the consciousness (albeit suppressed) of the host.

Satan has succeeded in lying to these people that God or anything supernatural doesn't exists. But he lives inside of them. Anytime their host comes across God-talk the hate satan and demons have for Yahweh stirs them up to fight it. But, they forget they say God doesn't exist, then why fight those who believe he does? Why not just give up on us?

How much do they talk about Shrek and Pokahontas in this forum? Why only Yahweh.

seriously? is this proper discussion? is this your idea of a proper discussion?

start a topic and pull something else as a way of dodging, I'm actually kinda frustrated cuz I hold you in a higher regard, you won't see me discussing like this with Felix.omor because I don't take him that seriously

"Thou shall not kill" is in a book, the part where the same character told them to kill is in the same BOOK!

how does the existence of the characters in the book have anything to do with the discussion about what's written there?

I seem not to get it, honestly and you're now Calling me a misotheist and demon? a misotheist is a theist FFS

aarrrggghhhh!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by An2elect2(f): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

please, refrain from quoting me on this thread, I'm discussing with 701ecilana alone, if you pay attention you'll see that I haven't quoted anyone else

grin Scared? you won't be mobbed! Just learn to think straight! It's really simple if you look at it grin

1 Like

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by An2elect2(f): 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
And menxer your posts tho!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
An2elect2:
grin Scared? you won't be mobbed! Just learn to think straight! It's really simple if you look at it grin

I'm not the type that runs away when outnumbered check religious threads on front-page and see me replying 10s of people on the same topic

I'm just focusing on her cuz she requested for sensible discussion with me and I obliged
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by An2elect2(f): 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not the type that runs away when outnumbered check religious threads on front-page and see me replying 10s of people on the same topic

I'm just focusing on her cuz she requested for sensible discussion with me and I obliged
gringrin

1 Like

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

listen please, OP opened this thread about killing and talked about animals which you actually said wasn't referring to animals, I then call your attention to the midianite and Canaanite infants and you said you want to have a sensible discussion on it only for you to ask me if Yahweh exists?

can't you see its obvious you're trying very hard not to have a discussion by focusing on red herrings?

existence of a character doesn't have anything to do about its discussion

he said "Thou shall not kill" in a book, then commanded them to kill IN THE SAME BOOK!!!

how is its existence now so important? this is why certain atheists start losing patience sometimes, you said you want a discussion but your posts so far shows you're interested on another discussion entirely

hopefulLandlord:

How is it redherring?

The Ops misrepresentation of the scriptures is what attracted me to this thread in the first place. "Thou shall not kill" was never meant for animals (God gave animals to men as food) but he made insinuations as though God commanded that animals shouldn't be killed, at this point i came in to let him know that that command was to humans not animals. Here you came in to say my God was Bipolar to command humans not to kill fellow humans only to turn back and commanded that we kill the midianites infants.

I then asked you if you indeed wanted us to have a discussion on the killing of the midianites, which you affirmed. To begin, i asked you being who i know you to be if you believe there's God, you said no. On what premise then was i going to base my discussion on,
If God doesn't exist, yet commands real people in real times to kill real people.

You are the one shifting the foal post yet accusing me.

From God being Bipolar (note, only humans with reasonable senses can loose their minds and become bipolar) to have commanded that people shouldn't be killed to him turning round to kill the infants of Midian.

In your first point, you tried to bring to the forefront the wickedness and the callousness of Yahweh, by bringing in killing of infants.

From God killing infants to him not existing at all, to him being an imagery and fictitious being just like Santa. From then you moved to him being like a TV character just like Jon Snow.

Who is shifting the post Hope?

1 Like

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

seriously? is this proper discussion? is this your idea of a proper discussion?

start a topic and pull something else as a way of dodging, I'm actually kinda frustrated cuz I hold you in a higher regard, you won't see me discussing like this with Felix.omor because I don't take him that seriously

"Thou shall not kill" is in a book, the part where the same character told them to kill is in the same BOOK!

how does the existence of the characters in the book have anything to do with the discussion about what's written there?

I seem not to get it, honestly and you're now Calling me a misotheist and demon? a misotheist is a theist FFS

aarrrggghhhh!!!!
This was not directed at you. Leave it alone and continue.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

How is it redherring?

The Ops misrepresentation of the scriptures is what attracted me to this thread in the first place. "Thou shall not kill" was never meant for animals (God gave animals to men as food) but he made insinuations as though God commanded that animals shouldn't be killed, at this point i came in to let him know that that command was to humans not animals. Here you came in to say my God was Bipolar to command humans not to kill fellow humans only to turn back and commanded that we kill the midianites infants.

I then asked you if you indeed wanted us to have a discussion on the killing of the midianites, which you affirmed. To begin, i asked you being who i know you to be if you believe there's God, you said no. On what premise then was i going to base my discussion on,
If God doesn't exist, yet commands real people in real times to kill real people.

You are the one shifting the foal post yet accusing me.

From God being Bipolar (note, only humans with reasonable senses can loose their minds and become bipolar) to have commanded that people shouldn't be killed to him turning round to kill the infants of Midian.

In your first point, you tried to bring to the forefront the wickedness and the callousness of Yahweh, by bringing in killing of infants.

From God killing infants to him not existing at all, to him being an imagery and fictitious being just like Satan. From then you moved to him being like a TV character just like Jon Snow.

Who is shifting the post Hope?

I said "Your god is bipolar" I can criticise the character Allah using Quran, that doesn't mean I have to admit it exists before discussing such a god idea, why is this proving too difficult to understand?

seriously
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by butterflylion: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

Lmao at Shrek and Pocahontas. cheesy

Every time the issue of Jesus is raised they raise the issue of Superman and ask us to prove superman does not exist and I wonder why they do not spend their time talking about superman. Why is God the issue?

God is found in the Bible which is a book.

Superman is found in comics which is a book

Superman is a subject if discussion on so many forums and people even dedicate whole blogs to talking about his abilities and all that.

Superman has movies about him.

God has movies about Him.

Yet they never talk about superman. No wonder Donald Trump pulled them out of the US military. They will spread delusion and hopelessness in the army when the US motto is IN GOD WE TRUST!
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by butterflylion: 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I said "Your god is bipolar" I can criticise the character Allah using Quran, that doesn't mean I have to admit it exists before discussing such a god idea, why is this proving too difficult to understand?

seriously

Since God is fictional yet commanded a real event to happen how are you sure the medianites were killed based on this fictional God's command? Since the same book documents a fictional God this means the killing of the medianites was also fictional wouldn't you agree?

Since you say God does not exist then his actions, words, and everything else attributed to him also do not exist.

Can you show me actual historical proof of one medianite infant who was killed? You claimed God said all midianite infants should be put to death and so where is your tangible proof outside what was written in the Bible.

701ecilana you can copy this question and ask him directly if he refuses to respond to mine.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

Lmao at Shrek and Pocahontas. cheesy

Every time the issue of Jesus is raised they raise the issue of Superman and ask us to prove superman does not exist and I wonder why they do not spend their time talking about superman. Why is God the issue?

God is found in the Bible which is a book.

Superman is found in comics which is a book

Superman is a subject if discussion on so many forums and people even dedicate whole blogs to talking about his abilities and all that.

Superman has movies about him.

God has movies about Him.

Yet they never talk about superman. No wonder Donald Trump pulled them out of the US military. They will spread delusion and hopelessness in the army when the US motto is IN GOD WE TRUST!
Good points. They want people to believe God is imagery, yet there are all these imaginary characters they don't spend time insulting, only Jesus and his followers.

I take time to go into unchristian threads which are also supernatural, inside there these lots are comfortable with what is said, but Christian God is hell to them. Satan in yhe details.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by butterflylion: 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

Good points. They want people to believe God is imagery, yet there are all these imaginary characters they don't spend time insulting, only Jesus and his followers.

I take time to go into unchristian threads which are also supernatural, inside there these lots are comfortable with what is said, but Christian God is hell to them. Satan in yhe details.

Satan in the details o. Invisible threads of deception.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

seriously
Hopefullandlord, Bipolar is a mental disorder only traced to humans, if imaginary beings have Bipolar syndrome you can educate me.

Permit me to call only one person to throw more light
on this issue here after which i will kindly ask her to refrain from posting further.. The reason is, am not medically incline.

Cc: Dr Spacetacular. Pls Dockie, i need your help. Does imaginary beings have Bipolar syndrome too?
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

Satan in the details o. Invisible threads of deception.
Yes.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by butterflylion: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

I am watching Emmanuel TV live now and on it is the live crusade in Paraguay. Come see people! Come see Bonafide medical doctors being healed of ailments they have been struggling with for 13yrs, 5 months, 5yrs, 3yrs and so on. Wheelchairs that were thrown away are over 100. Neck and back supports that were thrown away I no fit count.

A young man who lost his only sister and 3 friends in an accident which crippled him for 2yrs flung his lumber support and neck brace away after being prayed for and actual images of him in hospital after the accident and most recent scans and the dead sister with the smashed vehicle were beamed live and somebody dey here dey console himself say God is imaginary.

His spine snapped due to the accident and he needed lumber supports just to even sit on a wheel chair.

He should go and feed that crap to the people in Paraguay right now.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

Hopefullandlord, Bipolar is a mental disorder only traced to humans, if imaginary beings have Bipolar syndrome you can educate me.

Permit me to call only one person to throw more light
on this issue here after which i will kindly ask her to refrain from posting further.. The reason is, am not medically incline.

Cc: Dr Spacetacular. Pls Dockie, i need your help. Does imaginary beings have Bipolar syndrome too?

ever heard of Anthropomorphism?
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

seriously
Since God is fictional yet commanded a real event to happen how are you sure the medianites were killed based on this fictional God's command? Since the same book documents a fictional God this means the killing of the medianites was also fictional wouldn't you agree?

Since you say God does not exist then his actions, words, and everything else attributed to him also do not exist.

Can you show me actual historical proof of one medianite infant who was killed? You claimed God said all midianite infants should be put to death and so where is your tangible proof outside what was written in the Bible.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

ever heard of Anthropomorphism?
No sir. Pls educate me on that. See? That's why i called Spacetacular.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

I am watching Emmanuel TV live now and on it is the live crusade in Paraguay. Come see people! Come see Bonafide medical doctors being healed of ailments they have been struggling with for 13yrs, 5 months, 5yrs, 3yrs and so on. Wheelchairs that were thrown away are over 100. Neck and back supports that were thrown away I no fit count.

A young man who lost his only sister and 3 friends in an accident which crippled him for 2yrs flung his lumber support and neck brace away after being prayed for and actual images of him in hospital after the accident and most recent scans and the dead sister with the smashed vehicle were beamed live and somebody dey here dey console himself say God is imaginary.

His spine snapped due to the accident and he needed lumber supports just to even sit on a wheel chair.

He should go and feed that crap to the people in Paraguay right now.
I don't need to go far. Am a living testimony. Am glad one of them glorified God by posting my scare here.

Sir, if you knew me then, it will take a different kind of faith to believe i will ever use this leg to walk again without aids. Praise Jesus.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

can you tell our attention seeker to point to where I admitted midianite and Canaanite infants were killed for real? can he also point to how (if they're killed) proves anything? we are discussing a character FFS

its like saying Jack and Rose are definitely real people since there's a movie about them involving the worlds biggest ship at the time sinking

if the killings were true, there's no proof Yahweh ordered them, you guys are just dodging and dodging since, when do we start facing this very character? if I write a book claiming Mbombo ordered the Rwandan genocide, does the Rwandan genocide being real prove Mbombo ordered it?

let's focus on the topic which is what's written in the book, "Thou shall not kill", then ordered them to kill IN THE SAME BOOK!

I'm focusing on book ALONE here
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by butterflylion: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

I don't need to go far. Am a living testimony. Am glad one of them glorified God by posting my scare here.

Sir, if you knew me then, it will take a different kind of faith to believe i will ever use this leg to walk again without aids. Praise Jesus.

You mean the thread where a ladies scar riddled leg was shown? Na u be dat? cheesy
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:
No sir. Pls educate me on that. See? That's why i called Spacetacular.

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by butterflylion: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

can you tell our attention seeker to point to where I admitted midianite and Canaanite infants were killed for real? can he also point to how (if they're killed) proves anything? we are discussing a character FFS

its like saying Jack and Rose are definitely real people since there's a movie about them involving the worlds biggest ship at the time sinking

if the killings were true, there's no proof Yahweh ordered them, you guys are just dodging and dodging since, when do we start facing this very character? if I write a book claiming Mbombo ordered the Rwandan genocide, does prove Mbombo ordered it?

let's focus on the topic which is what's written, Chai!!!!

It's obvious you just want to be silly. You are criticising a character whom you term as fictional and non existent. To what end? You dey find gossip partner?

You want to gist about a fictional character Abi? Body dey itch you to gossip as if na game of thrones you dey gossip ba?

Since you did not admit they were killed for real why then is the purpose of using that scripture as your foundation and basis of an argument?

Psalm 1 verse 1

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

You are such a scornful one. You are scornful over he whom you claim does not exist yet you use the same non existent God's words to hate him. Yet you claim you never implied the medianite command was real and you want anybody to take you seriously

701ecilana take this one seriously at your own peril. 2 people no suppose dey mad at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by menxer: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

When it says thou shall not kill, is it to humans or animals?

Guy you dey chop human meat?

You didn't see the part which the Bible says 'I give all animals to you as food?'

@bolded, The cannibals, lions, crocodiles, sharks, pitcher plants are of the same opinion.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

if the killings were true, there's no proof Yahweh ordered them, you guys are just dodging and dodging since, when do we start facing this very character? if I write a book claiming Mbombo ordered the Rwandan genocide, does prove Mbombo ordered it?

let's focus on the topic which is what's written, Chai!!!!

[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=59403011]

can you tell our attention seeker to point to where I admitted midianite and Canaanite infants were killed for real? can he also point to how (if they're killed) proves anything? we are discussing a character FFS/

You want me to.post where you said God ordered the killing of the Midianites infants?

I believe that is what occasioned this discussion. You said, Yahweh said thou shall not kill, yet he commanded us ti kill the midianite infants.
Were you implying that an Imaginary Yahweh ordered the killing of the imaginary midianites infants?

See eh, people are reading what we are typing here you know. I wouldn't have come in here in the first place if you didn't mention God ordering the killing of the midianites infants.

How many times have i found you here haggling people about the activities of Jack and Rose?
If you consider them all fictitious, why not ignore them all equally?

if the killings were true, there's no proof Yahweh ordered them, you guys are just dodging and dodging since, when do we start facing this very character? if I write a book claiming Mbombo ordered the Rwandan genocide, does prove Mbombo ordered it?[/quote]
If the killings were true there's no proof Yahweh ordered them? You are forgetting you are the one saying they are? You were trying to call God callous or Bipolar as you said, by saying he commanded his followers to kill infants. Why are you now trying to shift it to someone else?

Hope i shd be asking you not you asking me. You said my God was fictional, i didn't say he is. You said he ordered the killing of infants, in didn't.

The bone of contention here is, [b]how can an imaginary being command real people to kill others?[/b]And you a real person who doesn't believe that this being exists but blackmails it with this story.

See how you are shifting the post everywhere.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by 701ecilana: 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
menxer:

@bolded, The cannibals, lions, crocodiles, sharks, pitcher plants are of the same opinion.
Pls make sense. Am having a reasonable discussion here so that it can fit in.

That your post no enter.
Re: Thou Shall Not Kill. by hopefulLandlord: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

okay, you're right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Exposed / A Proof To Show That No Lame Has Been Healed By Miracle In Nigeria / Happy Palm Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.