Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,741 members, 7,844,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano (517 Views)

Border Closure: Are We Truly Self Sufficient In Food Production? / My Governorship Ambition Is Divine, Says Abe / Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by billante(m): 8:50am On Aug 12, 2017
Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has cited the need to take development further to the grassroots in the state as well as to complete pending projects for seeking a second term.

Obiano who spoke to journalists in Abuja on Friday shortly after returning his nomination form for the governorship ticket of the All Progressives (APGA) said that the state government was bankrolling both the cost of treating the injured and burial of dead victims of the attack.

Speaking further on why he was running for a second term, Obiano said he wanted to institutionalise the achievements he had made in his first term and to actualise some ongoing projects like the Anambra airport which he assured was going to come on stream in two years.

According to him, in less than three years, every town in Anambra state had experienced government’s presence to the tune of N40 million.

He said that his target was that by the time he had done eight years in office, every town in Anambra would have very significantly improved on their infrastructure.

The governor who expressed confidence at the possibility of clinching victory at the poll, said virtually all major in the state had been lighted up and beautified.

He said that so far his, government had achieved 66% target in internally generated revenue.

“In agriculture, the state is doing very well and has attained self-sufficiency in rice production. We consume 320,000 metric tonnes and now we produce 375,000 metric tonnes per annum, from 80,000 metric tonnes when we assumed office.

What I want to leave behind as my legacy when I leave office after eight years is to ensure that Anambra state is self-sufficient in the its revenue sources so that we will not have to be waiting for Abuja to run the affairs of governance,” he said.

He opined that agriculture was the major employer of Labour in Anambra State.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/08/12/124435/

Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by dudebuck: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2017
fvck off 1diot. obi anuofia

1 Like

Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by Yyeske(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2017
My main guy talking, haters gonna have a field day here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by billante(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2017
This should be the roadmap of every serious working governor, If your IGR cant be sufficient to pay all state workers, then you failed as a govenor.

There is no state in this country that doesn't have either natural and human resources to generate enough IGR to pay at least salaries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by MXrap: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2017
The Technocratic Obiano can make it happen.
Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2017
Hmmm... Just imagine! He has already given himself eight years in office.
Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by billante(m): 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
venai:
Hmmm... Just imagine! He has already given himself eight years in office.

Its anambra people that can give him the eight years

1 Like

Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by UGLEEBOI: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hmm... 18th of November loading...

The man that gives em Ipob miscreants heart attack

RIDE ON JAWE!!
grin
Re: My Ambition Is To Make Anambra Finacially Self-sufficient If Re-elected- Obiano by billante(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Its very possible for anambra to be financially self sufficient like Lagos, the resources to make it happen are there.

(1) (Reply)

Expose Me If I Am Found Guilty Of Looting Funds - Reno Omokri Dares FG / Presidential Jet Departs London, Buhari To Arrive Nigeria Around 4:30pm / See Full Text In The Letter Buhari Send To NASS Upon Resumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.