Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" (29122 Views)

Amaechi : Nigerians Vote For Thieves, Certificate Forgers’ [photo] / Amaechi: Nigerians Who Damaged Public Property Must Be Punished / ​Ossiomo Power Plant Begins 24-Hour Power Supply To Facilities In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Lizzysamuel(f): 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2018
The Minister of Transportation and Director general of the Buhari campaign organization, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Buhari is re-elected in 2019. Amaechi disclosed this during an interactive session with the media in Abuja on Tuesday, September 11th.

Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves the second term, Amaechi said;

“There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.
The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

Speaking further, the former Rivers state governor said;

“Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”
“It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.
“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/?p=24449

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by madone: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
God punish you sir.infact waka

749 Likes 79 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by hisgrace090: 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Can Nigerians absorb more
bogus promises from U guys again?

277 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by SolutionMee: 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
cheesy
What if light to Amaechi is darkness to Nigerians? I don't blame Nigerian leaders though, cuz the masses are as dumb as river Suzerainty. The easiest people to fool in life are those that can be easily convinced and are so confused. If only Nigerians can restructure their minds and get their priorities right, only then will this country be great. Revolution starts from the mind. Based on reality, Nigerians can't have a steady power supply for the next 12-16 years. Reason is that it will take 3-4 regimes to actualize this dream. That's if we even have a performing president.

220 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by StillX10(m): 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
Second term? no way

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Jafar1: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
for years is nt enough for u to give us 24hrs of electricity.. ..not again

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by dkronicle(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
I hate the way politics is being acted in Nigeria. They dont have respect for us at all. They just say what ever they want to say bluntly, they dont seem to think before putting out shit from their mouth.
I just love politicians wife, their bress will be good my sucking expertise.

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by speedyGonzales: 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nigerians are the fools in a scam by an illiterate

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Prettysophy: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lizzysamuel:
The Minister of Transportation and Director general of the Buhari campaign organization, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Buhari is re-elected in 2019. Amaechi disclosed this during an interactive session with the media in Abuja on Tuesday, September 11th.

Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves the second term, Amaechi said;

“There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.

I believe this!! Because PMB don't make empty promises, when they say they will do it they will
The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

Speaking further, the former Rivers state governor said;

“Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”
“It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.
“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/?p=24449

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Okpueze1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Account for the ones you stole before calling others thief in disguise. Who are you trying to deceive with utopic promises again?

Federal government may...
Federal government will...

That's all you people could invent and achieve within one full tenure and you are looking for 2nd tenure to sell us to Niger Republic. Not possible.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by LIFEisSIMPLE: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
What kind of hypocrisy is this. I am tired

Abeg i am voting for Kingsley Moghalu for president

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by AroleOduduwa(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
In a sane country, Amaechi would be spending time in federal prison

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by bujebudanu1(m): 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by daveP(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
Thunder will fire the tabernacle this Amaechi belongs to.

We are waiting for 1dollar to 2naira promise even if it's 1naira you actually said.

Occultic lots!!

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by chichar1(f): 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
God why are you punishing right minded Nigerians using this bastardized government, the other day it was Ngige now it is Amechi!!!!!!!

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by chukxie(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
Thunder fire Amaechi there! Kungfu thunder from China go fire him akpa amu!

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Mruwa1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Come oga nor dey talk nonesense make una tell us say see waiting spoil make una let we the citizens contribute money go fix the light ourself we done tire to wait for government to fix light for us ....

37 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nbote(m): 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
But I thought U guys claimed Nigerians now have more light than dey need and have stopped using their generators?? Abi una din forget wen una talk am

41 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by BigSarah(f): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by nepapole(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ohhhhhhh.... Not again!!!

19 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by afroniger: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amaechi why? You don't need this.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Unlimited22: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Op, izz like brain is paining you.

16 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Lomprico2: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Idiot!

Its the same ol' shít you guys used to deceive millions into voting the lifeless one and his thieving gang.

Not gonna work this time around except for some fools whom some are here on nairaland.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by bluefilm: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Dem don come again o!

22 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Racoon(m): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
-"To provide 24hours electricity is not rocket science."-Fashola.
-"The only way to have stable electricity is to vote out PDP."-Fashola.
-"Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected"-Amaechi.
See scammers

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Vos1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Anyone here from Kaduna pls? The rate at which light is constant in my area is alarming. E be like sey no be Kaduna wey I know again

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by babajeje123(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
Must Buhari be re-elected before we enjoy good power supply? Bastard!

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Sharpshooota: 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
Story for zombies grin

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amaechi I know that you are lying but please continue.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nevee: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lol...lies! Not even in the next 5-10 years can Nigerians enjoy 24-hour power supply.

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by helphelp: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
I usually don't insult elders. But Rotex if na true say you talk this nonsense, then na shopono go kee you

25 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Buharimustgo: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
When Zombies vote for them,and they win,what you will hear is that we never made such promise.

May Arusi Ubima fall on Amaechi

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ajikolo Khadi Attacked By Thugs At Jere In Borno. Photos / CJN, Olukayode Ariwoola: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs / Subsidy Palliative: FG To Pay N5,000 To 10m Households For 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.