Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Python Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Programming (923 Views)

Anyone That Know Python Programming Should Help Me To Check The Eorr This / Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c / Python Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Programming by Volatilekrack: 10:13am On Feb 15, 2010
I need information about python.where can i get stuffs to read?python websites?plus,is it a good programming language to learn.
Re: Python Programming by donline: 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2010
hi fri, i will give u all tutorial on python call 08035057766
thanks
Re: Python Programming by frostmarvl: 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2010
Python is about the easiest and most powerful language you can learn. It is especially good for beginners. I tried C++ first and man, I couldn't remember all the semi-colons and stuff.
You can easily learn python on your own as I am a self taught programmer. Email me for an excellent pdf for v2.6 and 3. can't remember. good for a beginner.

make sure to tryout wxpython and pygame,

sfroelich01 @gmail.com
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ peeps ,can any one help me with some python programming codes?i have some assignment and its giving me problems.

I will really appreciate.

@frostmarvl and donline please helpp oh!!!!! smiley smiley cheesy wink
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2010
why not share the assignment maybe we can help
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 25, 2010
In this programming assignment you are to do the following:
1. Download the file pidigits.zip from my web page. This contains the file pidigits.txt, a file that contains the first 1,000,000 digits in the decimal expansion of pi. Put this file in the same directory where your program is located.
2. The user of your program will enter 1 or more birthdays (1 per line) into the file birthdays.txt using the format mmddyy where mm represents the month of their birth (values between 01 and 12), dd represents the day of their birth (values between 01 and 31 and yy represents the year of their birth (values between 00 and 99). We’re going to ignore the ambiguity of a year such as 05 (Is it 1905 or 2005?). Note: this program should work for any 6-character number, not just birthdays.
3. Open results.txt for writing. For each birthday in the birthdays.txt file, your program will
1. Write the birthday to results.txt
2. Open pidigits.txt and find the occurrences of the user’s birthday and note the line number and position within the line of the beginning of each occurrence. Also output this information to results.txt.
3. If the birthday is not found, indicate that in results.txt.
4. Given the input shown at left, the contents of the results.txt file should be as shown at right:
Input file:
Searching for: 022348
line 16554 character position 13
line 17533 character position 37
Searching for: 091290
line 12988 character position 40
Searching for: 112533
line 28 character position 48
Searching for: 042209
line 20001 character position 28
Searching for: 120196
Date not found!
Restrictions and Hints:
1. You must read only one line of pidigits.txt at a time.
2. At any given point in your program, you may not have a string longer than the sum of the lengths of the 2 longest lines in the file. In other words, you cannot simply read each of the lines in the file and concatenate them all together into a single string as a means of avoiding the first restriction above.
3. Your program must work correctly when the date crosses lines in the pidigits.txt file or is on the very last line (both cases tested with the data above). To process correctly, you must address the fact that each line has a newline character at the end of each line. You can ignore any case where the date is found more than once per line in pidigits.txt (only report the first).
4. Do not ask for file names. Code the names given above directly into your program.
5. It is expected that you will open, read, and close the pidigits.txt file for each date in the input file.
Re: Python Programming by iarm(m): 3:15am On Feb 25, 2010

(1) (Reply)

How to develop software / Wanted To Be A Database Administrator. / Web Applications Development, What You Need.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.