Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? (15565 Views)

Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Neighbours Husband (Photos) / Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by wizard007(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
My sisters are trouble, anywhere we've lived all the neighbors must to get name,

I can remember our caretaker then being called - Amaga, the man be like hanger

Iya wrongside - this woman can't hold a meaningful conversation, always saying the wrong things

Oloju fife- round face

Agbalagba- 40+ then but never married, and always looks for trouble

Olomo- had a child out of wedlock and still shameless, and always use style style to insult my sister that just got married then, she was yet to conceive.

Rogba- na their last born be this, fucking tall and looks like a gaul

Oloju fintin fintin - eye service is her hobby and blinks eye rapidly

Oloju jo'na - burnt face

Olori ragaji - married man living alone with large head

E plenty die, can't remember some, those ladies (sister) are mischief makers
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by oliviacute(f): 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2017
there was a girl we nicknamed SPEAKER because anywhere there is amebo talk she is always dere and she is always head ov d gist and their crew we call them HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY ...so if she is just outside...we ll be lyk speaker dey outside o with her house of assembly members
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by stev057: 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
we nicknamed one of our nebo then "Chopper"

The guy is single and can cancel "BANKU" like hell
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by ikorodureporta: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
oliviacute:
there was a girl we nicknamed SPEAKER because anywhere there is amebo talk she is always dere and she is always head ov d gist and their crew we call them HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY ...so if she is just outside...we ll be lyk speaker dey outside o with her house of assembly members

grin
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Healer007: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chai Una wicked oo shocked
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by oairhunmwunde: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
OShepherd:
I have Odogwu(d arrogant Igbo man), Gbogbolowo(all trade), hot yam(always talking in a rush), Abobaku(d stubborn proud bricklayer), Back side(lousy busy bodied woman), MOG(d rogue pretending to be Pastor) but Ironically wev overhead them call me Baba OlowO (bcis I don't mix much with them much, always in my lane) grin cheesy shocked
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lol nice thread... We use to have a neighbor who owns a poultry, his name is Uche.... unfortunately we have other Uches in the area, so during noon this Uche comes around and carry any bucket of water placed under the tape receiving drips of water, as of then na turn by turn nau no water. So if this uche comes around he carries any bucket of water he finds filled provided he's chicks are ok... So when the next neighbor ask - who don carry my water?? We will say na 'Uche ọkụkọ' and those women would start laughing. It now i found out they were laughing cause "Uche ọkụkọ" literally means 'chicken sense'!! Quite funny.

1 Like

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
thornapple:
Yes,
Like lefulefu. grin grin
cheesy

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by SSAwhistleblowe: 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2017
One neighbor had this terrible k legs and we called him elese wiwo meaning bent legs in Yoruba
One woman selling provisions near our house we called her iya okola meaning woman with tribal marks in yoruba
So many can't remember it's a long time
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by dakeskese(m): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by eodiac(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
yea,there is one of our neighbors we call mekilisaida coz of amebo and Hipocracy and we do call another one chilafifon
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by alfredo4u(m): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
We nicknamed one of our neighbour

Sex director and changing babes
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by chrisandrea: 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
infact so many Nick names... chidinma ike ukwu... her bum was biiig. Chioma u ug... she was ugly. ishi stamp man... he wasn't smart. Nwa teacher... a lady teacher. aunty gwe-gwe-gwe.. one old lady that wasn't married. dry fish... the girl was slim jonkie... a very unserioys boy... i can go on and on.
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by alab11: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
eskenshi, Ijakadi she is a trouble maker, oponto a very big and busty Lady, etc
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by datimogal(f): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
In my family every of our neighbour has a nick name. my fat neighbour is called bag of fufu, the midwife in my house is called mother of all children. one slim woman is called old bicycle,another one is called old woman ,
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by ncoolsome(m): 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yh some crazy peeps gv my old man a stupid nicname 6 to 6 cuz hw wrked shift frm 6 to 6 imagine??

1 Like

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by coputa(m): 12:02am On Aug 14, 2017
talk2hb1:
Even my Parent were nicknamed as a form of code name, so no big deal undecided
So you gave your parents Nick names.your children go give you name too.lol

2 Likes

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by MChaze25(m): 3:58am On Aug 14, 2017
All these kids giving neighbours names, una no well o.
Well trained kids don't do this shit..
Growing up, our innocence never expire to dey observe neighbours come dey even give names join..
Ghetto children everywhere... Lol
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2017
I nickname my landlady as Evangelist for gossip. That woman na towncriers
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by talk2hb1(m): 8:20am On Aug 14, 2017
coputa:
So you gave your parents Nick names.your children go give you name too.lol
Codename now, but cant wait for that!
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by tempel(m): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2017
While growing up primary school days, after school we get home and eat, cone out and start playing why noise. The this man coMes out and shouts at us to go have our siesta is night, so we gave him the name * IS NIGHT, GO AND HAVE YOU SIESTA"
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by temmym4(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2017
grin

Owolonto - Due to the shape of her mouth

Zidane - His bald head

Lion-Man - The guy resemble lion dye

Maluu (Cow) - From his looks, u dont even need to ask grin

KA-pable : In yoruba, KA means to fold, so KApable means foldable, since the man is as slim and small statured as being able to to get folded

Uncle-Dudu : Black uncle

African Queen: cos she make sense

Puppy: Young lady but she get very small Stature

Tie - slim long legs and normal body. he resemble tie dye

Key holder - she resemble one of the key holder we use in the house

Opoo - He carries one particular bag that resembles that stuff the old mama in the market normally put money inside under cloth (Opoo in Yoruba)

so many i can't even remember. God please forgive our past.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by NevetsIbot(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
mad fellow - Our lousy Igbo neighbour.
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by ritapearl(f): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yes o! One of my neighbors is nicknamed " LOCOMOTIVE" because of the sound of her generator.

1 Like

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by captinkilla: 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
iPurge:

Never!!

Oobi tongue some gee boy sha don dash me
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by captinkilla: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

No!

stingy people everywhere
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
captinkilla:

stingy people everywhere

"Gbagbe bo se sele"

Nairaland is an accurate representation of the Nigerian populace grin
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Klare(f): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
My room mate in the hoste we are 5 in a room, as per se na hostel now there is a limit to privacy this partical room mate no gree.she go come back from lectures they ask jamb questions who sat on my bed, who put cup on my table she go even tell u not to stand in her corner for too long. Omo naso we name her sango olukoso. So tey she secluded herself from the other roomates con dey always talk alone atimes.

The humorous thing be say we gist abt her in her front without her knowing
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2017
Klare:
My room mate in the hoste we are 5 in a room, as per se na hostel now there is a limit to privacy this partical room mate no gree.she go come back from lectures they ask jamb questions who sat on my bed, who put cup on my table she go even tell u not to stand in her corner for too long. Omo naso we name her sango olukoso. So tey she secluded herself from the other roomates con dey always talk alone atimes.

The humorous thing be say we gist abt her in her front without her knowing

Jeez!!!.....this happens in my room too,exactly d way u said.

1 Like

Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 06, 2018
ritapearl:
Yes o! One of my neighbors is nicknamed " LOCOMOTIVE" because of the sound of her generator.

Peggy how far
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by ritapearl(f): 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
sophoccles:

Peggy how far

Biodun I dey
Re: Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? by ImaIma1(f): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2018
My older ones were crazy at it. Someone was called ORANGES.

Two friends were called ESAU and JACOB because Esau when pronounced in a particular tone in my language means a short person...Jacob was the taller one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celebrating Birthdays For February 29th Born Family Member? / What Are Your Thoughts On Kids Using Make-up? / I Accidentally Got My Sister Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.