Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith (48954 Views)

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Pretribulation Rapture Departure Or Apostasy From The Faith? / Members Worship At Flooded Greenvine International Christian Centre PortHarcourt / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by pezeji(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2017
ogenyi onazi, a married Nigerian footballer who plays in Turkey and a devoted Christian who doesn't smoke, drink or womanize. He is a gospel promoter too

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2017
Not surprised ur list is full of Brazil players
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by MrImole: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2017
ivolt:

What is shameful in this age is that some people still think that talking to an invisible sky daddy will help solve the problem of disease, poverty and war.

Apostle Paul was once like you.

I'm not surprised, Bible has already discussed the signs of the end time(s).

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ednut1(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2017
yet they con referees
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by elantraceey(f): 10:57am On Aug 13, 2017
I just love Kaka smiley

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Gnwuashi: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2017
No single Nigerian.
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Mavrick2012: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2017
D
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by WebSurfer(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2017
I talk am say kaka go be number one

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by BAILMONEY: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2017
seunny4lif:
KAKA is the only person among them that is a pastor and don't party nor club.

Where is Pastor Taribo WestOP

WHAT IS THIS AFONJA MUSLIM DOING HEREangry

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Orpe7(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2017
These same dudes will commit a foul or claim a throw-in that aint theirs grin
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by seunny4lif(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2017
BAILMONEY:
WHAT IS THIS AFONJA MUSLIM DOING HEREangry
Oooh
Am a Muslim now? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ndubueze92(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2017
ivolt:

What is shameful in this age is that some people still think
that talking to an invisible sky daddy will help solve the
problem of disease, poverty and war.
Mutual respect.... whatever you think is your own opinion.... Look deep inside you and tell me you have no spiritual inclinations outside from this outward hypocrisy?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ivolt: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2017
ndubueze92:
Mutual respect.... whatever you think is your own opinion.... Look deep inside you and tell me you have no spiritual inclinations outside from this outward hypocrisy?

Mr. Psychic, I suggest you use your spiritual powers to solve personal and communal problems.
Don't waste it on figuring out what I think or don't think.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by BAILMONEY: 11:11am On Aug 13, 2017
seunny4lif:

Oooh
Am a Muslim now? grin grin

YES YOU ARE angry STAY AWAY FROM CHRISTIAN THREAD
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by mmachi96(f): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2017
Skillz92:
Sometimes, when fortune and fame hits home, especially the one that comes with a highly successful international football career, it becomes a challenge keeping our values, beliefs and religion.

With an estimated two billion Christians in the world, you can expect there to be a large number of Christian football players in the world, right? Well, how many practicing Christians can you name, from the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, and other international leagues?

Here is a list of top ten international footballers. These footballers have often time professed their allegiance to God either through their way of life, social media posts, or vows publicly made to God, and of course their goal celebration patterns.

Please note that this list is arranged based on a combination of the players’ public commitment to the Christian faith and their net worth.

10. Tim Howard

The former Everton goalkeeper is currently plying his trade at Colorado Rapids.

The United States international is an International Christian Footballers, who considers Jesus Christ most important in his life.

“The most important thing in my life is Christ. He’s more important to me than winning or losing or whether I’m playing or not. Everything else is just a bonus.”

He is also involved with Athletes in Action, a ministry arm of Campus Crusade for Christ.

9. EDISON CAVANI

The Uruguayan striker for several years has embraced the Christian faith and come to be part of that group of professional athletes in all discipline who share love for Jesus Christ and recognise him as the Lord and Saviour of their lives.

The official site of the Athletes of Christ explains, ‘These athletes have the responsibility to live a Christian life to the unanimous will of God in the world of sport’.
Cavani, who makes no secret of his faith decided to tell it all in a book he published titled ‘Quello che ho nel cuore. Vita, calico e fede, meaning ‘Series of Enlargements’.

8. STEPHEN PIENAAR

The Sunderland Midfielder and South African player literally wears his faith on his sleeve: on more than one occasion after scoring he has revealed a vest with the words- “God is great’’.

A strong Christian upbringing helped the 30 year-old Ex- Ajax, Borussia Dortmund and Spurs star, find Christ- “My Mum is a very committed Christian and was always on my case’’, he smiles. “No-one can force you to believe, though. I just listened at Church and everything made sense”.

And about the vest- “I wear the vest because God is truly great. He is on high. I believe he is with me and the angels are guiding me on the pitch and the vest is a way of acknowledging this”

7. DANIEL STURRIDGE

daniel Sturridge

The 28 year old Liverpool striker has revealed that he reads the bible every morning. He said his love for the book came from his parents who urged him to read it on Sundays.

According to him; “That was important for me growing up. It’s part of my routine and I do it every day”. After winning the Barclays player award of the month, he said “I do all through Christ who strengthens me”.

6. ANDRE INIESTA

Andre Iniesta

Andrés Iniesta Luján is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for FC Barcelona and the Spain national team. He serves as the captain for Barcelona.

The 33 year old player is married with kids and is often known to not only talk about his religion but also travel for pilgrimages.

5. JAVIER HERNANDEZ

Javier Hernandez

His pre-match routine sees him kneel on the halfway line with his palms outstretched. Popularly known as ‘Chicarito’. The 29 year old footballer plays for both his country (Mexico) and also recently transferred to West Ham United.

He is a devoted Roman Catholic. Javier once speaking about his faith said;

“I like to ask God to take care of me because he gave me the opportunity to play. I talk to God and I let him take care of the health of both teams because the worst things for a sportsman are injuries and there are a lot of accidents on that pitch that nobody wants.”

4. DAVID LUIZ

David Luiz

International football star and Chelsea defender vowed to abstain from sex until after he is married in an instagram post which included his baptism.

The International Christian Footballers posted a message alongside the picture which read “I have chosen to wait’. Luiz said he will abstain from sex until he marries girlfriend Sara Madeira, according to Telegraph
He then added; “How wonderful to live with you Lord, thank you for loving me so much and taking care of me! My life is yours and I am your servant! You are always in the centre of all my decision. I love my God! Amen”.

3. WAYNE ROONEY

Wayne Rooney

Rooney is an English football player, a Catholic, and appears to be quite religious. In the year 2002 he was seen wearing a rosary around his neck during practice and he was questioned by a reporter that what is it for-he replied – it’s my religion……”

The reporter stopped him saying “we don’t do religion here”. Luckily, Rooney who is an astute defender of the gospel replied saying “….. Right from my teenage I pray to God to win football games, now that I am an adult, I take my faith even more seriously…”

2. THIAGO SILVA

Thiago Silva

Though born desperately poor he lived near a dangerous shantytown in the city of Rio de Jameiro, he was able to overcome these hardships and achieve great success in the eyes of the whole world.

He is a professional soccer player; winning many prizes in the history of world’s soccer he has also been named as one of the top players in Europe for three consecutive times. This lifestyle of his shows he is committed to his career and dependent on God for heavy support.

1. KAKA

Kaka

Ricardo Izecson popularly called ‘Kaka’ is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Orlando city and also Brazilian national team. Kaká is a devout evangelical Christian who was an active member of the São Paulo-based Rebirth in Christ Church.

He removed his jersey to reveal an “I Belong to Jesus” T-shirt and openly engaged in prayer moments after the final whistle. He also had the same phrase, along with “God Is Faithful,” stitched onto the tongues of his boots.

In goal celebrations, he usually points to the sky as a gesture of thanks to God. KAKA’s first encounter with God happened after a near-paralyzing swimming pool mishap, he gave his life to Christ and after a full recovery from the pool accident which can only be God.

Kaka and his wife met in 2002 and were married 3 years later in 2005 and unlike majority of athletes; they were both virgins on their wedding day.

Here is our list of the top ten international footballers. Do you feel there is a Christian footballer left out? Why not add it in the comment section

SOURCE : http://praisebars.com/international-christian-footballers/

There is more to committment than wearing vest with christian inscriptions
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ndubueze92(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2017
ivolt:

Mr. Psychic, I suggest you use your spiritual powers to solve personal and communal problems.
Don't waste it on figuring out what I think or don't think.
Mr. Aggressor, I suggest you too do not commit suicide over what you can't change.... If you understand social interactions! Then you would stop attacking people and what the believe in...

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Boyooosa(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2017
xreal:
OP why?
I only opened this thread to see if I made the list, I am dissapointed.

Is it because I got committed after I sensed that my football career was over?

HE HAS DONE HIS OWN PART BUT I DONT KNOW YOU.
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by shadrach77: 11:20am On Aug 13, 2017
Neymar should have been on the list. In fact he should have been number 1.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Kylekent59: 11:20am On Aug 13, 2017
So kaka is playing for Orlando city.
Orlando city lose a lot,what could kaka be doing there?.
Usa league
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by wordsmith042(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2017
op, the list is not complete without neymar.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by shadrach77: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2017
Ne
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by jaytime(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2017
Op, and you leave out our own Vincent Enyiema? Is he not an international footballer? Is he not a devoted Christian? Or you want him to speak in tongues during prayer session on the pitch with the Super Eagles for you to know he is highly devoted?
Oya, edit that list.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by blont(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2017
For me, God know his people, he also said he will start from his house. its way more than saying it or making a public stunt of jesus.

There are a lot of christian by impersonation, but chistian living a christ like life are few...

For the purpose of this list if you can add kaka, where is taribo west, Sunday olise, don't you know KANU a Nigerian Igbo man that has done heart surgery is a christian? What more, an average Igbo man is a christian so put okocha.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by oloriooko(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2017
mmachi96:
There is more to committment than wearing vest with christian inscriptions
It must start somewhere and these actions is part of Christianity

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2017
Awesome
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Arielle: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2017
ivolt:

What is shameful in this age is that some people still think
that talking to an invisible sky daddy will help solve the
problem of disease, poverty and war.

Maybe instead of blaming God for our own failures as humans, we should fix our world that He made and gave to us perfect. Our own human foibles and failures are the causes of war, disease and hunger. We should stop blaming God for what we are doing to ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by mekanaky: 11:58am On Aug 13, 2017
Kaka no 1 today tmrw. His life is a testimony

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ivolt: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
Arielle:

Maybe instead of blaming God for our own failures as humans, we should fix our world that He made and gave to us perfect. Our own human foibles and failures are the causes of war, disease and hunger. We should stop blaming God for what we are doing to ourselves.

If you don't want to blame god for human failures, why praise him for human success ?
If you must blame man for failure, you must praise man for success.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by spencekat(m): 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
I knew Kaka would top the list.Good one guys.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by walezon(m): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Na only kaka me I knw
But for sturridge and hernadez, dem eyes look lyk playboy's own
For the remaining pple, we no knw wetin dem go dey do for corner!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Ebullience(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Jesus is Lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brother Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Protests In Ibadan(pics) / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Pastor Chris Okafor 2016 Prophecies: Ex-President & Ex-Minister May Die; New STD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.