Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,996 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo (777 Views)

Insecurity: PDP Says Obasanjo’s Position Vindicates Their Stand / Nigerians Are Frustrated, Says Obasanjo / Afe Babalola Supports Restructuring, Says Obasanjo Is Best President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by nurex01(m): 5:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obansanjo on Saturday at Apostolic Faith Church said he wants to go heaven and longs to sing among the heavenly host.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria Obasanjo made this remark during the 2017 Camp Meeting Concert by Apostolic Faith Church Choir and Orchestral at the Camp Ground Igbesa in Ogun State.

He said, “You have to be fully prepared for the second coming of our Lord, there is no compromise.

“I have a friend who will always say that when we get to heaven, we will be exhausted praising God and it will be like a prison and very boring.

“But with what I have seen by the choir this afternoon, I will want to go to heaven and join the host to sing.

“If this is an example of what praising God in heaven will be like, then I want to be part of it. If what I have seen here is an indication of how heaven will be, I will like go to heaven.

“Jesus Christ came to the world to show us the way to salvation and eternal life. We have a good heritage and we have everything to be proud of.”

Obasanjo said God could not fix Nigeria except Nigerians invite God into their lives collectively and individually.

“We have a lot of things wrong with this country, if all Nigerians are sincere.

“Nigeria can be fixed by God but we have to invite Him into our lives. What we have to do about this country is in our hands.

“Gods grace abounds when we do not abuse it,” he said.

The District Superintendent, Apostolic Faith, West Africa, Rev. Adebayo Adeniran, said that only tolerance, peaceful coexistence and harmonious living among Nigerians, irrespective of religious and political differences, could lead to meaningful development.

http://punchng.com/i-want-to-go-to-heaven-says-obasanjo/
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by nurex01(m): 5:33am On Aug 13, 2017
Baba Obasanjo
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by Shorsky1(m): 5:49am On Aug 13, 2017
It is still possible only if u are ready to amend ur ways and make peace with ur past.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by ejifranks(m): 5:52am On Aug 13, 2017
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by ejifranks(m): 6:03am On Aug 13, 2017
Wonderful. But wait, Obj come back and finish the story. That demonic friend of yours that says heaven will be boring, where did he subscribe we should go?? Hell and burn for eternity? I Guess that will be exciting for him since praise to his creator will get boring overtime. I thank God for that great choir for drawing you to your moment of realization of heavens glory , I pray its real and not just politicians usual rhetorics.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by titted(f): 6:08am On Aug 13, 2017
Everyone knows where he belongs deep down their mind.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by ofeco: 6:11am On Aug 13, 2017
you are in heaven already
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by EricBloodAxe: 6:11am On Aug 13, 2017
The grand patriot of thieves. After all d looting crimes and blood letting someone like Obj wants to make heaven. Who are they leaving hell for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by Luciferdevil(m): 6:20am On Aug 13, 2017
ejifranks:
Wonderful. But wait, Obj come back and finish the story. That demonic friend of yours that says heaven will be boring, where did he subscribe we should go?? Hell and burn for eternity? I Guess that will be exciting for him since praise to his creator will get boring overtime. I thank God for that great choir for drawing you to your moment of realization of heavens glory , I pray its real and not just politicians usual rhetorics.

No sir, there will be enough party and shows in hell with the likes of Lil Wayne, Birdman , future etc. Trust me, there wont be any dulling moment. Jackson is already dancing ND performing shows there. In there, you can smoke anytime without a lighter cos there would be fire everywhere. You need to come see for yourself ND less I forget, there will be lots of sex ok.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by DocHMD: 6:26am On Aug 13, 2017
After all the assasinations you carried out in your tenure.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by ejifranks(m): 6:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Luciferdevil:
No sir, there will be enough party and shows in hell with the likes of Lil Wayne, Birdman , future etc. Trust me, there wont be any dulling moment. Jackson is already dancing ND performing shows there. In there, you can smoke anytime without a lighter cos there would be fire everywhere. You need to come see for yourself ND less I forget, there will be lots of sex ok.
Really, tell me something.. My friend I have tasted both lifestyles here on earth and there is nothing sweet like being a child of God and living under His grace and direction. Indeed i have a beautiful inheritance in Christ Jesus. A trial will convince you.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by chimeee: 6:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Luciferdevil:
remember u will be living inside fire while doing those.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by Luciferdevil(m): 6:33am On Aug 13, 2017
chimeee:
remember u will be living inside fire while doing those.
yea, the fire will be warm nit that hot. Dnt worry, you will get use to d fire in no time.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by nerodenero: 6:34am On Aug 13, 2017
Matthew Aremu Obasanjo aka Ebora owucheesy. I know you don't like being. Called Matthew, the tax collector but I just did, so come and catch me I dey my bedcheesycheesycheesy.

Matthew Obasanjo is gradually working out his salvation as I'm on mine too. Tomorrow might be too late.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 6:34am On Aug 13, 2017
If people like Obasanjo will make heaven, I think I will be better off in hell with the likes of Fela.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by Luciferdevil(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2017
ejifranks:
Really, tell me something.. My friend I have tasted both lifestyles here on earth and there is nothing sweet like being a child of God and living under His grace and direction. Indeed i have a beautiful inheritance in Christ Jesus. A trial will convince you.
Dnt forget you quoting the Devil. I assure you you will be well attended to and you will like that place.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by nerodenero: 6:42am On Aug 13, 2017
What of if Fela is in heaven?
seunmsg:
If people like Obasanjo will make heaven, I think I will be better off in hell with the likes of Fela.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by wale0911: 6:44am On Aug 13, 2017
Whether OBJ makes heaven or not is for the Almighty God to judge. But if God would allow the over 200m Nigerians to decide his fate, I am really sorry for him! This is a man that had the best opportunity to make Nigeria great, sadly he laid the foundation for a corrupt and highly expensive and unproductive democracy.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 6:51am On Aug 13, 2017
nerodenero:
What of if Fela is in heaven?

Fela and OBJ cannot be in the same place for obvious reasons. Religion wise, Fela never subscribed to Christianity till death and that should automatically disqualified him from making heaven. That's by the way though, heaven and hellfire are fairy tale that don't exist anywhere. tongue
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by Marvel1206: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2017
Wow. Mr Obj

I saw him yesterday while watching.

But I know Obasanjo too well, I believe his speech is just 'A Speech'
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by juman(m): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2017
DocHMD:
After all the assasinations you carried out in your tenure.

Abi. Many political assassinations that time.

In fact he wasted sixteen years of pdp government.
That destroyed nigeria more, even beyond anybody could think of.

nigeria became a totally destroyed country.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by sammyj: 7:11am On Aug 13, 2017
OBJ should first ensure he and his cabal holding us to ransom first free us from captivity before he can make heaven !!
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by Young03(m): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2017
After killing more than 5000 people
Even devil no go accept you
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo by GMBuhari: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2017
I hope he makes it there

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: You Will Perish In The Red Sea - Asari Dokubo Fires Buhari [VIDEO] / Former Minister Of Transportation Dr.abiye Sekibo Endorses Wike For 2nd Term. Sc / Nnamdi Kanu: The Self Destruction Of The People’s Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.