Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. (1825 Views)

Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Favour Adenuga & Goodnews Johnson, First Class Students In Medicine, ABU Zaria / Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by starness(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become
First Class People In Life.
Hardly do first class graduates become first class
personality. While in University, we often spend
too
much energy in acquiring good grades that we
forget to acquire good class personality.
After concentrating all energy in acquiring the first
class grades, we transform into a society where
first class grades don’t matter much as having a
first class personality.
In school, its easy to read, memorize and pass
examinations, but in real life, there is no sure book
of life to progress, no memorizing, no
examinations, just you and your inbuilt capability
which require no contest with anybody.
Those who eventually become big in life are
mostly
people who hardly make good grades in school.
Prof. Abletor Sedofia from University of Ghana has
this to say:
“Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say
that?
Oh, yes, I said it. Being top of your class does not
necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of
life."
You could graduate as the best student in Finance
but it doesn’t mean you will make more money
than
everybody else.
The best graduating Law student does not
necessarily become the best lawyer.
The fact is life requires more than the ability to
understand a concept, memorise it and reproduce
it
in an examination.
School rewards people for their memory. Life
rewards people for their imagination and
innovations.
School rewards caution, life rewards daring.
School hails those who live by the rules. Life
exalts
those who break the rules and set new ones.
So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in
school?
Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other
thing on the altar of First Class.
Don’t limit yourself to the classroom.
Do something practical. Take a leadership
position.
Start a business and fail. That’s a better
Entrepreneurship 101.
Join or start an association. Contest an election
and
lose. It will teach something Political Science 101
will not
teach you.
Attend a seminar. ...Read books outside the
scope
of your course.
Go on missions and win a soul for eternal
rewards.
Do something you believe in.
Think less of becoming an excellent student but
think more of becoming an excellent person.
Make the world your classroom!
Do have a great day.
# MAKING_THE_WORLD_A_BETTER_PLAC
E_TO_DWELL !

for more in for.. just click here oketee..co.ke/2017/08/reasons-why-first-class-students-never.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by wizard007(m): 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
Spot on
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by Desyner: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
Well OP has good points but first class is more likely and equiped to succeed.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by Friedyokes: 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
Whilst you may have given vaild points ...I disagree with the topic "first class people "NEVER" make first class people"...

A more apt topic would've been;
"Reasons why having a first class isn't a prerequisite for being a first class person"

Or
"Reasons why First class people don't necessarily make first class people"

Saying never means you think that ALL individuals with first class are not first class people

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by ANNOY(m): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
Abeg stop the hate, because u didn't make it doesn't mean other first class students won't. I hate this kind of thread.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by kennyjam: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by DrayZee: 3:02am On Aug 15, 2017
ANNOY:
Abeg stop the hate, because u didn't make it doesn't mean other first class students won't. I hate this kind of thread.
Exactly. This is what happens when you fail and try to justify your failure in life by pulling others down.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by acenazt: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2017
Hehehehheheh 1st class guys r my main men. I just hitch hike with them, get my 2.1 and left them looking for jobs. Hehhehhe
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
ANNOY:
Don't mind him.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by Mikee7(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
My dad made a first class and is reaping the benefits. This is just what all those third class people say to make themselves feel better. I am striving for a first class too and I believe we should all try and do well in academics. Even if you have other plans, it is still a good back up plan wink

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by kennyjam: 1:51am On Aug 16, 2017
Mikee7:
My dad made a first class and is reaping the benefits. This is just what all those third class people say to make themselves feel better. I am striving for a first class too and I believe we should all try and do well in academics. Even if you have other plans, it is still a good back up plan wink

Nice... He(Dad) must be an inspiration to you.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by usmanktg2(m): 7:59am On Aug 16, 2017
Useless posts just meant to demean the efforts of hardworking minds. See how your post is arranged. I guess that us how your brain is.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life. by Dammytrager(m): 9:38am On Aug 16, 2017
Op are you a First Class person in life?

I quote from your post "...In school, its easy to read, memorize and pass examinations..." if it was easy did you graduate with a first class?

When you give birth to your children, will you tell them not be make First Class?

Nonsense

Bunch of losers with no positivity to add to the society than to just try to discourage young minds. Before we know what happens, they'll start calling Bill Gates and Dangote that they did not have First Class.

Useless thread.

(1) (Reply)

Ui Admission Updates Whatsapp Group 2017/18 / Detailed Summary Of Chapter 2 And 3 Of JAMB Sweet Sixteen (audiobook) / Advice To Students And Aspirants Of University Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.