Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast (13904 Views)

Ruga: Uwazuruike Blasts Ohanaeze 'Urging Igbos To Defend Themselves, Cowardice' / Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love To Igbos (Photos) / Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by OrientDailyNews: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
By Michael Ezenwata

Some traditional rulers in Anambra State have urged Igbos to take advantage of the quit notice issued to Igbos resident in the northern Nigeria by Arewa Youths to begin to invest in their home states.

According to Igwe Chijioke Nwankwo, the traditional ruler of Nawfia in Njikoka Local Government Area, Igbos living outside the southeast should consider their home land as top

priority for investment. Nwank- wo, made the call while react- ing to the recent quit notice issued by the Arewa youths to the Igbos living in the north.

He maintained that traditional rulers in the state decided to make the call urging Igbos to come home and invest, their investments are better secured in their homeland than elsewhere.

“It is the culture and the tradition of the Igbos to always go home at least three, four times

in a year. In order to do this, you must have a comfortable home. It must not be a mansion and we the traditional rulers have been making this call even be- fore this threat. They should start investing at home because the only place you can run to is your own home town,” he said.He argued that the Arewa youths quit notice should serve as a wake-up call to the rest of Nigeria to organise a round-table conference rather than the national conference held in 2014.The traditional rulers of Nri, Omasi and Umuawulu communities, Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh, Igwe Benjamin Okeji and Igwe Joel Egwuonwu, advised sons and daughters of South- east to repatriate their economic ventures to the zone as well as join hands with their state governments to transform the region. They also stressed the need for federal government to organise a national conference to define the fate of the nation and its ethnic nationalities.

Source: https://orientdailynews.com/arewa-quit-notice-traditional-rulers-want-igbos-to-invest-in-southeast/

8 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by nNEOo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
ndigbo come back home igbo amaka (nearly typed amala but by the blood grin)

FTC
Waw
Dear ({<•>}♢{<•>})
□□□¿
{}{}{}

I want to shout out to my mum for giving birth to me my existence birthed this opportunity, I want to say hi to my father for marring my mum, thank you dad,thank you little neo (my pet Snake) I love you n you know it smiley
thank you Nancy for living me for geogia I love you too grin, I want to shout out to my ex Dammy thank you dumping my ass (even though reverse is the case grin) it sprouted out the G In me ,

I want to thank lady goat my mum loved you but I know you loved her more cry

My wonderful niece she's the best thing that's happening to me, my big bro will , aucorn swagger n decker thanks for believing in me ,

What ever you want you get just remove peace ,

I dedicate this FTC award to my one n only pet little neo , thanks for all the milled bite cheesy it tikles grin.....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by sukkot: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2017
igbo is MVP on nairaland frontpage today

18 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by LoveJesus87(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
K
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by brainpulse: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yes I support. For some body like Bishop, Evans and other developer from the world to move to Easternpig to develop the place

17 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by princessayesha(f): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
First to comment cool
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by Gotze1: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
Better, carry your development to your land and develop it.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
H
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by lastmaster(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
f^cck the gods
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by massinola(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wetin okoawusa we do there?
In unrelated news, someone should please complete the option missing in this npower assessment question.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by Narldon: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
angry
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by Penalty82(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by zionmade1: 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
To my Igbo brothers, it's time to think home. North or west is never home for us. We need to know that there will come a time everyone will be required to go home, the way nigeria looks. Investment at home is the most secured. yes we can make our money in West and North but it's wisdom to push the money back home so that our home will be so developed that our children will not have to leave home to be successful.

Especially those in the north. I respect the west though, western education shaped them. but for Igbos living in the north, they should find a way to push back their wealth ASAP.

22 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by magoo10(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
they will still not hear

6 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by alakada1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
massinola:
Wetin okoawusa we do there?
i don't understand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by inchristalone(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
Good!
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
Igbo amaka. grin

16 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by Alphybuks(m): 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by nictech: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
Moving ahead. I had this in dream.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by Thisis2raw(m): 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
This my problem with the igbos, an igbo man prefers to develop anywhere they set their foots than their own home..

Some of this igbos who own good looking buildings here in pH, don't even own a house back home

1 Like

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by lathrowinger: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
Lolz, funny Arewa... nna know say them nor like themselves. This can't happen, when the whole community dey sell opa... who wan buy from each other. Abi how them wan take get nzuma. When all of them know how desperate their people be. Na to create calamity within short days.
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by arsenal33: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
they will be kidnapped

1 Like

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by burqueenx(f): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2017
grin

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by burqueenx(f): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by SenatorM(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
Very True

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by burqueenx(f): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
cool

Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by arsenal33: 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
tell them not just invest, but to live there.

dem go run comot!
Re: Arewa Quit Notice: Traditional Rulers Want Igbos To Invest In Southeast by Ironlion1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
The war is about to begin. IPod yoot vs Afonja. Just watching on 3D.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari Over Accusation Against World Bank / Hassan Bello: Ibadan Dry Port To Gulp N35.7bn / 2023: Democratic Leadership Endorses Peter Obi For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.