Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,839 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns (14344 Views)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu 's Profile Updated On Wikipedia / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos / Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by henry4uall(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
Na so dem go dey comot. Anyone wey still remain, wey no wan make this country move forward make we fire dem with seven hot bullets:

HOLY GHOOOOST, FIRE!
HOLY GHOOOOST, FIRE!
HOLY GHOOOOST, FIRE!
HOLY GHOOOOST, FIRE!
HOLY GHOOOOST, FIRE!
HOLY GHOOOOST, FIRE!
HOLY GHOOOOST, FIRE!
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by favcom(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
Good riddance!

Just hope they replace him with a younger person
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by delagasky(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
Alajese!! upon all the money this guy chop he no show for him body!! angry angry
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by uzoo: 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
i think you should the education minister on that list too,
he should be fired!
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by saemoenl(f): 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
Maa, No comment! cool
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by emiwanlee(m): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2010
praiseeeeeeee the lorddddddd
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by OFSL(f): 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
Deleted
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by choppepe: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
good.lets c oops mr sanusi out u go.a, h,
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by Donmeca(m): 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
From Nikkykay:
This story is  not complete. Actually he tendered his resignation letter but it was turned down by Jonathan on the grounds that his resignation might send signals that something was wrong with the cabinet.

His resignation has to accepted ooo. In fact, Jonathan shd not do dis to Naija except he merely wants d man's cv to read "sacked" instead of "resigned" Let him go, even if anoda rogué will take ova. At least let d lootin go round! Diz old thievés and their families are d only group to 'enjoy' the Naija spoil. BYE BYE LUKMAN, OJO MADUORI HERE WE COME!!!
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
The nostalgia is simply precious, Nigerians all dancing in jubilation the same way they did for Shonekan when IBB left the scene, Same way they did for Abacha when Shonekan left the scene, Same way they did for OBJ when Abacha left the scene,  grin a familiar pattern evolves, same way they said Yaradua was the unspoilt governor of katsina and that his lethargic pace was patience and wisdom not senility combined with liver disease, now we Jubilate for Jonathan GL, I duff my hat for us all  grin
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by mikeoscar: 5:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
Let him go!!!

Stupid, Pumpous, Arrogant and self conceited Mallam.

Sorry folks, I'm not usually like this but this same guy has done nothing but brought a a Gazillion problems to our Oil/gas Sector.

Pleaseeeeeeeee, Lukman go, you heard me, yep, go on!!
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by MWorkers(m): 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2010
Good riddance to bad rubbish! Party Deceiving People (PDP) is replete with rotten eggs like him. Even dinosaurs do retire too.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by chuxy12(m): 6:03pm On Feb 17, 2010
i think the jonathan was right in rejecting his resignation letter. Guys wake up! if jonathan did not act wisely epople in the north might misread the resignation of lukman and from then on jonathan days on the throne will be numbered.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by kolaoloye(m): 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
His action reminded me of this song we do sing when your team is losing and you stood up to go.
It goes like this:
Chei,dem don dey go,one by one.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by William108(m): 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue I think say him bin wan die in active service. Name wey i don dey hear from my mama belle b4 i arrive this CORRUPT Country. It's also possible that we might not have seen the last of him in Govt.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by quadrey(m): 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
pls add tanimmu and the abba ruma guy to your list cos last i heard they were yaardua die hards too unless they've changed their minds and decided they like the taste of power than the bitter pilll of loyalty,
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by opribo(m): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
Useless, worthless, ignoramus things masquerading as technocrats, they should be probed. He should have stayed and get the disgrace o his miserable life. mmmmchewwwww
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by tundewoods(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
I am kind of suprised that news that has not been confirmed or made public is making the front pages of this forum. Where do you guys get your news from anyway undecided
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by newdeal(m): 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2010
Rilwan Lukman has been there for as long as my memory can serve me,
Many many years back in JSS class, I remember that name as an answer to a Social Studies question in an exam,
wonder why they kept on recycling him year in year out, especially in the petroleum sector, as if no one else can replace him.

Hope he will go and rest for good this time
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by oge4real(f): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
Thank God ooooo!
I met that man in politics when I was a toddler.
Wonder what him and his likes keep coming back to do in government.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by eros(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2010
Good riddance angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by mansmith(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
its so nice to hear this,his time AS minister of petroleul is always associated with fuel scarcity
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by rayneoahl: 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2010
i guess dat is a very gid move for such corrupt officials in de ministry n i believe dat god will help us from de remaining ones.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by coolguyz(m): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
se na like dis e go dey DEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? undecided
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
shey u peeps realize that other than okonjo iweala,(who had her world bank job waiting for her) mr lukman is the first nigerian to voluntarily resign from a lucrative govt post? no leave like aandoaka str8up resignation. hate him all u want , but u still have to give him props for that .
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by richard69(m): 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
Good ridance 2 bad rubbish!
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by peruso: 12:01am On Feb 18, 2010
[b][/b]
lots of vernom towards this guy, nawaooooo
although this resignation story is still unconfirmed, but if it were to be true

so no one will comend this guy for resigning honourably from the most lucrative position in the cabinet!!!!!

even if it is for loyalty sake or idealogy or outright disagreement with the curren man in charge,

think very well pple we've had this happen in our recent history,

if this story eventually becomes true we will only knw the truth from lukman himself.

IT HAS ALWAZ BEEN MY CANDID OPINION AND BELIEF THAT WHEN EVA A PERSON IS DISATISFIED WITH A SYSTEM YOU RESIGN HONOURABLY AND MAKE YOUR CASE FROM THE OUTSIDE,

LUKMAN (if the story becomes true) THNK U 4 TOEING D PART OF HONOUR. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO FATHERLAND.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by peruso: 12:15am On Feb 18, 2010
[/font]
onyezebros:

God is a miracle worker, He has done it again. They will all leave one by one. cry embarassed

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
GOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by location(m): 2:38am On Feb 18, 2010
Please they should appoint Me with immediate effect because nature abhors vacancy,
i need that job serious
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 18, 2010
so no one will comend this guy for resigning honourably from the most lucrative position in the  cabinet

Nigerians no dey reason like that.

Thats why the phrase "chop and quench" was coined in Nigeria.

People chop and chop public office (with nothing to show for it ) until they quench.

Their money is never enough to retire on and thats why they keep "hanging in there" in order to maintain their opulent lifestyles.
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by lastpage: 3:28am On Feb 18, 2010
This story is not complete. Actually he tendered his resignation letter but it was turned down by Jonathan on the grounds that his resignation might send signals that something was wrong with the cabinet.

His resignation has to accepted ooo. In fact, Jonathan shd not do dis to Naija except he merely wants d man's cv to read "sacked" instead of "resigned" Let him go, even if anoda rogué will take ova. At least let d lootin go round! Diz old thievés and their families are d only group to 'enjoy' the Naija spoil. BYE BYE LUKMAN, OJO MADUORI HERE WE COME!!!

Now, this is my own line of thought on the above.
Its is the honorable thing to do, for a non-performing Minister but Lukman's issue viz-a-viz "Prez Jonathan" goes beyond that.

This is how it happned:
Lukman is a failure in his office, and he has been around since l was a boy (He was JAMB Registrar when my senior brother did Jamb in 1983!).
As Energy Minister, Petroleum Minister or JAMB chief, he was and is a recurring failure.

Lukman publicly ridiculed Jonathan, as a V.P when the former told him to stay home and sort out the fuel shortage he created (or facilitated) around Christmas, as the Minister in charge. Lukman humiliated Jonathan by publicly doing otherwise (action) and saying very insulting words (like he cant take instruction from him) to Jonathan. The battle line was drawn but Lukman did not bargain that the fight would come this quick!
I hate it when a boxer hits the floor in round one! I want to see blood in round five, flying tooth in round nine and coma in round twelve! grin angry wink
Seems Luku-boy has gone chicken, after throwing the first blow at Jonathan?

Now, if you were Jonathan, now that you have the cudgel in ur hand, would you just allow this tart to just take a walk?
If this were a Military dispensation, l can assure you that Lukman will either be shot or spend the rest of his life (Like Mustapha) in an underground cell, but then this is demo-crazy!

So, Jonathan is thinking "hey Luku-boy, not so fast", l will keep you around cos nothing will please me than to whip ur squeezed-up, bad -azz, strip you of your stolen wealth and then disgrace you out of the office.

Believe me, Jonathan has no use for him (Just like Anaconda, who even wanted to swindle us of 50Million Naira, to do some pep-talk junket in Europe and America, at the last minute! That guy deserves to be Guillotined!).
Dont judge Jonathan by this singular act, wait till you see what he does with Luku-boy, later in the day grin grin grin

Its about time those who ridiculed "Goodluck" in those times, have a taste of "badluck" and know what it means to "run out of luck" tongue tongue

As for Prof. Iwuruwuru, this country's politics shall never know any peace until that devil incarnate is put in a steel cage and thrown into the bottom of the ocean

Lesson: Power is transient, use it wisely and honorably!
Re: Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns by rasputinn(m): 4:47am On Feb 18, 2010
Good riddance to a useless,old,corrupt,idiotic parasite who has been sucking the economic blood of Nigerians for decades

Jonathan should send the EFCC after the old foo.l

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact / Is Male Population More Than Female In Nigeria And The World / My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.