Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

How Gtbank Transfered About ₦1 Mln out of my account Without My Consent ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Gtbank Transfered About ₦1 Mln out of my account Without My Consent ! (2071 Views)

Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / Nigeria Oil Output Near 1.8 Mln Bpd, Set To Sign Debt Deal -oil Min (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gtbank Transfered About ₦1 Mln out of my account Without My Consent ! by scully95: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
The financial hegemony (The Big Banks) is what is forcing most people to trying an alternative form of banking they feel more safe and have 100% control over their money. Many may have lost huge amount of money via this main stream bank which does anything it likes without being checked. GTbank has done it again. We managed to speak to a victim that was recently scammed off his money by this big bank.

See Excerpt bellow.

O= Omo Oodua

V= Victim

O: So what happened to your money, how did you manage to lose about 1million Naira ?

V: I'm still in shock at the moment. Initially the money was blocked from my balance but was showing in my book balance and I had access to to receiving and sending from my account until they finally restricted access to sending out but I was still able to receive but can't send out. I just woke up today to see unauthorized transfer of the money back to Wema bank. Something I did not officially inform GTbank to do.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-HwlY7c9PsvU/WZHymF8FhaI/AAAAAAADH_E/4U_YLf1rkV8_vLJZ-lvgl-K_GqwDApTEQCEwYBhgL/s1600/GTBank-unauthorized-transfer-back.png[/img]

O: How did it start, what were the steps you take the moment you found out the money was blocked from your Balance but appearing in Book balance ?

V: On the day I saw the money being blocked from my Balance, I called GTb customer care service. To find out what is going on with the money being blocked. At first they were hiding the information from me. They could not even tell me where the issue came from. I had to minus the balance from my Book Balance to find out it was one BTC transaction I did with someone online via a peer to peer website. After I released the BTC to the buyer, then 2 days later the block came and I immediately figured it was from that transaction because it had the same figure with transaction that was successful. Then I kept on calling GTbank customer care just to inform them about the transaction.

Later on, they put restriction on my account and I could not carry out any online transaction. When I called my account officer, I was told the restriction had nothing to do with the money being blocked and that I should call GTB customer care again. On calling GTB customer care, I was again directed to my account officer, just to remove the restriction because someone else's money was hanging in my account and I was already worried about the person's money cause I could not send out of the account.

Finally I was told to send my passport copy to my account officer which I did but could not help remove the restriction. My account officer was just the wrong person on earth to ever help out in this matter. I called him over 100 times but he would not pick my calls. He did not reveal anything or the reason why my account was restricted and funds blocked. It hurts me so bad that I have been banking with GTB for over 13 years. All my transactions were mostly online because I reside abroad.

O: Is that all the step taken on your Side ?

V: No, that is not all. I sent my relative to meet with my account officer twice since he was incommunicado. The first time my relative met with him, explained everything to him and also got 3 different documents stamped by the court validating the transaction I had with the sender of this money to my account. So there is no way the sender could claim I did not deliver the amount of Cryptocurrency he bought from me. This is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to get my hard earned money sent home. It's very simple, I buy bitcoins in my country of residence and I sell it back home in Nigeria. Having the feeling that I have full control over my money but it turns out that I was wrong and I got the shock of my life today.

My lawyer also wrote a letter to GTbank informing them about the transaction that was made online and gave the bank 14 days to remove the restriction placed on my account and have my account balance back showing full sum of money but sad the bank did the opposite. The account officer after calling him several times, refused to pick call but lawyer acknowledged that the bank has received the letter and will reply respectively.

O: Did your lawyer receive any reply from the Bank?

V: No, they did not write back but rather reversed the sum of money without my consent ignoring the court affidavit and the letter from my lawyer. Let me also add that, at some point when I called one Gtbank customer care, the person who picked my call seemed to be more open and told me that, I needed more than a court affidavit to have my account balance back to normal. I told my lawyer to get a court order but lawyer told me you must follow certain procedure to get a court order. Which the lawyer followed this procedures but no avail.

O: What is the Status of your account now, has GTbank removed the restriction placed on it ?

V: The restriction is removed as we speak and I have managed to send back the money that was hanging in my account since the restriction was placed on my account. My money is being taken from my account as we speak while the restriction is removed like nothing happened but something big has happened. Imagine what it means losing close to 1million Naira in this hard time.

O: Honestly, this is a sad story and hopefully the financial institution could do things a bit differently so as to restore confidence and always be on the side of their customers, what would you do next or advice others to do in this situation ?

V: At this point, GTBank is just not the bank for anyone living in Diaspora, they could try other banks but GTbank is not just it. If they ever find themselves in such a scenario, they could loss huge amount of money and that's it. On my side, it's not worth it spending huge amount of money to get a plane ticket back to Nigeria. To and fro is already half of the money. I have no choice other than to drag Gtbank to court for the loss of funds.

Read more: http://omoooduarere..com/2017/08/gtbank-reversed-about-1mln-without-my.html#ixzz4plL5GLCH

1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Transfered About ₦1 Mln out of my account Without My Consent ! by ExchangerPLUS: 12:48am On Aug 15, 2017
We've always told people to avoid this Bank.
They aren't customer friendly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Transfered About ₦1 Mln out of my account Without My Consent ! by scully95: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2017
ExchangerPLUS:
We've always told people to avoid this Bank.
They aren't customer friendly

True talk.. Gtbank is the worst bank in Nigeria. They think they can just do anything they like. Very rubbish bank. Imagine, even the institution is being runned like colonial masters, treating their customers like slaves.. They actually think they are doing you a favour, no.. The customers are the ones doing them a favour and it's their job to attend to customers with the highest level of profesionalism..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Transfered About ₦1 Mln out of my account Without My Consent ! by Springforth: 2:34am On Aug 30, 2017
GTbank are scammers. people no go hear word. had similar previous experience with the bank

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why I Closed My Account With Bet9ja (A Must Read For All Bet9ja User) / ttttt / Beware Of Liberty Reserve Scam With These Tips:for BUYERS Nd SELLERS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.