Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! (1082 Views)

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by wakes: 8:24am On Nov 23, 2018
Hello Nairalanders.
I am sharing this to get word out about the activities going on at GTBANK so you know and watch your back.

On September 13, 2018, some fraudulent activities were carried out on my account by an unknown person to make payments for services to TAXIFY and UBER online.

GTBANK purpotedly blocked the funds and asked me to call GTBCONNECT or visit any of their branches to hotlist my card.

In response to their mail stating that the funds were blocked and that I needed contact the bank within 24 hours, I rushed to the bank the following day -14th September, 2018 to the nearest branch at Area 3, Garki Abuja, FCT. My card was immediately hotlisted. I also wrote a complaint letter to the branch manager and called GTCONNECT on the same day and was promised prompt action to investigate and ensure fast resolution of the challenge.

On the 24th of September, 2018 I received a mail from the complaints unit stating in paragraph three(3)that "we have contacted the acquiring bank to request for further information regarding the TAXIFY transactions and will provide you with an update. However the UBER transaction has been logged against the acquiring bank and we expect that within the next 45 days, this issue would have been resolved."

On November 8, 2018. I received a credit alert with the details of the transaction as shown below:
Transaction Notification
Account Number : ******5556
Transaction Location : E- CHANNELS
Description : DISPENSE ERROR REVERSAL
Amount : 6,062.00
Value Date : 08-Nov-2018
Remarks : RFND uberm*flutterwaveVictoria IslaNGA
Time of Transaction : 19:32.

This was a reversal of the UBER transaction with the details shown below:
Merchant Name : uberm*flutterwave Victoria Isla NG
Amount : NGN6062.00
Date : Sep 14 2018 5:27AM.

I was happy having seen that the UBER transaction had been resolved and, looked forward to see credit alerts of reversal for the remaining transactions. One week passed, nothing happened. Then I contacted GTBANK online.

To my greatest surprise, they simply replied:
"Hello Solomon, thank you for getting back to us.
We are sorry to inform you that Taxify declined the transactions
stating that value was gotten for the transactions.
Thank you."

I am still following up till I see the end of the matter. I will keep you posted.
Anybody with similar experience?
Kindly comment below.
Thank you.
solomon, your brother in the struggle.
Justice must be done!

Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 23, 2018
V
Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by chloride6: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2018
Oga you must have compromised the details of your card.

Anyway you still have a case.
Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by wakes: 10:56am On Nov 23, 2018
chloride6:
Oga you must have compromised the details of your card.

Anyway you still have a case.
No, I did not compromise my card details.
On a quick research, I found other people with similar cases against the bank.
I don't even have an account with neither taxify nor uber.

See what I found on Twitter below.

Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by wakes: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2018
See another person below...

Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by chloride6: 11:06am On Nov 23, 2018
wakes:

No, I did not compromise my card details.
On a quick research, I found other people with similar cases against the bank.
I don't even have an account with neither taxify nor uber.

See what I found on Twitter below.

Lol. You must show someone your card details or used it on a compromised webiste. Anyway your details were compromised.

But like I said you still have a case.

Call out GTBANK and add MasterCard and Taxify on Twitter.

Tell them why are you being billed for a fraud transaction when there was no 2FA to the transaction.

Watch GTBank run like a fox with fire on its tail.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by wakes: 11:41am On Nov 23, 2018
chloride6:

Lol. You must show someone your card details or used it on a compromised webiste. Anyway your details were compromised.

But like I said you still have a case.

Call out GTBANK and add MasterCard and Taxify on Twitter.

Tell them why are you being billed for a fraud transaction when there was no 2FA to the transaction.

Watch GTBank run like a fox with fire on its tail.
Thank you very much. I have just effected this advice now.

Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by miracle72: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
I think GT Virtual Card should be the best for any form of online transaction,, can someone do a transfer from your phone without a token?
Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by chloride6: 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
wakes:

Thank you very much. I have just effected this advice now.

Was your money refunded?
Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by Godsfavour78: 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
wakes:
See another person below...
they are colluding with the uber rider. Based on percentage.

Local hackers undecided
Re: Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! by wakes: 5:20am On Dec 24, 2018
chloride6:

Was your money refunded?

Only part of the money has been refunded!

(1) (Reply)

Driver Needed For Sienna / Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father, Burried By The Son / Buy/sell Bulk Airtime At The Cheapest Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.