Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor (18796 Views)

I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU / 9 Schools That Did Not Join ASUU Strike 2017 / Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Otunbalarry: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
The Vice Chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- Ife, Eyitope Ogunbodede, says teachers of the university are not taking part in the indefinite strike declared by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on Monday.

According to the vice-chancellor, the lecturers of the university have no interest in the strike and would thus continue with their academic
activities.

“OAU is not on strike. As at today, no lecturer has told me that they
want to go on strike. We are not participating in any national
strike,” Mr. Ogunbodede told PREMIUM TIMES on phone.
“If they tell me they want to go on strike, then it is a different case,
As such, I must have seen that all of my academic staff want to go on
strike.

“In OAU, we have ‘unions’; neither of the two has told me they want to go on strike so we are not joining any strike at all.”

The Academic Staff Union of Universities split into two factions in OAU in 2016 after a group of the teachers announced the removal of Caleb Aborisade as the union’s chairman, due to a crisis over the appointment of Anthony Elujoba as acting vice-chancellor of the university.
Mr. Aborisade and a group of teachers were opposed to the process that led to the appointment of the acting vice-chancellor.

Although Mr. Aborisade refused to step down after teachers loyal to the acting vice-chancellor announced his removal, they dissolved the leadership of ASUU and announced Niyi Sunmonu as chairman of a caretaker committee in its place.

The national body of the union however stood by Mr. Aborisade and does not recognise the caretaker committee, insisting that its appointment did not follow due process.

Ironically, Mr. Elujoba has since been replaced as vice-chancellor and is currently facing trial for alleged corruption, a development that has deepened the crisis among teachers in the university.

But he enjoys the sympathy of the new vice-chancellor who has been mobilising support in the university against Mr. Elujoba’s trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Until the crisis, OAU had one of the most influential chapters of ASUU.

The caretaker committee of the union is expected to toe the line of the university management over the current nationwide strike of ASUU.
PREMIUM TIMES was not able to get the reactions of Messrs. Sunmonu and Aborisade at the time of this report, as their telephone lines indicated were switched off.

www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/240219-will-not-join-ASUU-strike-oau-vice-chancellor.html

3 Likes

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by eezeribe(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
OK
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Tolexander: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
Good!

Even if they will be joining, let them finish their exam!

17 Likes

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
I'm shooked smiley

This coming from OAU? shocked
King of.. lipsrsealed

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by olawaletimi(m): 2:33am On Aug 15, 2017
This is Good... Am speechless.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:36am On Aug 15, 2017
Hallelujah !
OAU " a repentant striker "

31 Likes

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by MrGreenMavro: 6:57am On Aug 15, 2017
Internal strike go fit affect them

Breaking news
Gerard Pique complaining that his own goal vs realmadrid should not have counted because he was in an offside position ����

Dead������

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 15, 2017
I wish imsu will not join.
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by swiz123(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2017
Ok
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Zico5(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2017
Good, how could they join with their irregular calender that has put some undergraduates under pressure. I hope they live by their words cos things can change any Moment. This is good decision.
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by lagosrd: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2017
I won't believe this until 2weeks times. OAU bedrock of all stickers infact sharp shooter stickers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by jejemanito: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2017
grin

This is funny

Think Ekpoma, think cultists

Think OAU, think strike

And now OAU, first of their name, King of strikes and the pioneer activists are now rejecting their favourite meal?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Quality20(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2017
Good one OAU. I think unilorin is also not part of d yeye strike

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by edeXede: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2017
embarassed

Strike! everytime, are they thunder?

But OAU better do the needful. Students are hypocrites. They all love strike. Enough time to yahoo, enough time for oloshos to do their parol, enough time for the gamblers to spend their day at bet9ja,enough time for the students whom's parents always send them 2k per month to double their hustle.

And all in all, enough time to contract Stds and also involve oneself in crime

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 15, 2017
thats nice

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by garba25: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2017
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2017
does ASUU strike affect students on their Industrial training Programme ?
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by oautycoon(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2017
Oau of all schools... Eez sokay
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Zeze06(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2017
cry

Wherever there's a "twelve" there must be a "Judas"...

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by IMASTEX: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2017
Hope you would also join when something positive comes out of it

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2017
GreenMavro:
Internal strike go fit affect them

Breaking news
Gerard Pique complaining that his own goal vs realmadrid should not have counted because he was in an offside position ����

Dead������
Barca haters
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Zeze08: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2017
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by gr8cany: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2017
Good!
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Bakare19: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2017
Lol.. This must be a news of the century coming from OAU. Very untypical of my alma mater. It'll be a leap in the right direction, if abide..

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by paradigmshift(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2017
when a group wants to embark on a strike but you want to hold back, it will make d strike look somehow . na una know sha. gave up on 9jeria school long time ago, abcd package. oau dey reject strike lmao, una favorite meal. una must strike o.
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by Zeze06(m): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Copyright protection violated!!!

Zeze08:

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by RichDad1(m): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2017
Una own strike sef no get part two.
OAU baba for the strike grin

3 Likes

Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by wildchild02: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2017
Wonders they say shall never cease grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by dangotesmummy: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2017
cheesy grin

Great Ife no strike? grin

The elephants have developed 3heads
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by paradigmshift(m): 7:40am On Aug 15, 2017
one reason I Lv Pti. nothing like strike.
Re: We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:41am On Aug 15, 2017
Lecturers are seeing reccession staring the country in the face, yet are asking for salary increase

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Importance Of Autocad As An Engineering Student / UNILAG MBA REQUIREMENTS, COST AND DURATION - 08158942445 / JAMB: Candidates Queue For Security Check Under Hot Weather (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.