Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) - TV/Movies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) (80507 Views)

Warrior Discussion Thread (beware Of Spoilers) / Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* / Attack On Titan Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (47) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
I guess they really rushed things this season. Ten episodes couldnt have been enough to cover all the stories this season.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Oasis007:
grin

I think the most useless among Starks at the moment is Bran. What's the Essence of seeing Future without Power to avert the Evils that come with it?!

What's the Essence of the Three-Eyes Raven that couldn't see Jon is in Problem and almost get killed by the Night King?!

Why not watch the story unfold first?
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by yakamata(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
gj22:

Probably a different kind of magic.

They could only enter after the 3 eyed raven died. If I remember correctly

You ain't remembering correctly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
I havent seen missandei for a while now or has she gone to casterlyrock to look for greyworm??

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gbola5:

Snow falls in King's Landing. I wonder why they haven't potrayed it yet.

Robb looks like Edmure/Cat not Ned.

Because it doesn't
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Mintayo(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
Slymonster:

lol and mine was just 135mb and very clear..Eyah
Pls can you post the link to the site you downloaded it from? Thanks.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gbola5:

Only Jon and Arya have the Stark look. Jon is said to look like Ned and Arya like Lyanna, sometimes Jon is said to look like Arya.

Well, not in the show.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
The hound really showed that he was a good fighter against the wildlings. The guy was courageous. I think he is not scared of death.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
I really don't appreciate this season of GoT. Very poor writing. They set up plotlines in previous seasons only to abandon it. The killing of Viserion by the Night King makes me so angry because D & D seem to have forgotten that in previous seasons they established that in order to defeat the Night King, the Dragon must have three heads i.e there must be three dragons and three dragon riders. Why did they even need to show us that Tyrion could pet the dragons without getting harmed last season when they planned to kill off the only one he could have ridden. Why have they reduced Tyrion to a man of stupid and disastrous strategies...It was this same Tyrion that ensured victory at the Battle of Blackwater by using wildfire to burn Stannis' ships so what the Bleep changed?!

Haha. Someone is pained that their theories were whack and has been debunked tongue
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
I'm telling you. Drogon was the airlift & had his back to the NK and was just a sitting duck but for some reason, boss decided to aim for viserion. The thing no just make sense.
In any case, this is the story and there are so many what ifs...and as much as some people are not happy with the writing....The main thing is nobody should have made it out of there alive...That was one hell of a suicide mission.

Nice episode
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
Magnifico2000:
Somebody said this episode just confirmed that Arya couldnt have survived kingslanding. I still dont want to believe this. It shows arya will never write that stupid letter to robbstark.
Sansa acted silly because of her love for jeoffrey, because she has been betrothed to him.

I think Arya will survive kingslanding.

She would have been imprisoned or dead.

She won't survive because she is brave and "brave men do stupid things"

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
I meant the Night king.
He could've easily speared Tormund, jon and the rest without even having to dismount from his horse. But he just sat there enjoying his staring contest with Beric.

Speared them?

Lol.

Why will he spear them when his wights can handle it?

I also think that he was waiting for the dragons to come

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
yakamata:

You ain't remembering correctly.

I am.

It was after the WW killed the 3ER they entered the cave.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by IamLEGEND1: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
gj22:

You only turn into a wight after you die.
He has white skin. He literally looks more like a white walker than a wight.
He is a human-WW hybrid bro.

He isn't a human-wight hybrid. If he was, he could pass the wall.
Obsidian turns people to WW not wights.
You don't agree with my reasons, that's fine...... I don't agree with yours Either. No need to shove your opinion down my throat, bruddah.
You have your theories, i have mine . lets stick with that.

And that is all they are- theories..... Because there is no confirmation on the show that only Wights can go beyond the wall..... If they can go beyond the wall, that is. The farthest we've seen one is in castle black attacking the Lord commander and even he was reanimated AFTER his lifeless body was brought in from the north and was already in castle black.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
I really don't appreciate this season of GoT. Very poor writing. They set up plotlines in previous seasons only to abandon it. The killing of Viserion by the Night King makes me so angry because D & D seem to have forgotten that in previous seasons they established that in order to defeat the Night King, the Dragon must have three heads i.e there must be three dragons and three dragon riders. Why did they even need to show us that Tyrion could pet the dragons without getting harmed last season when they planned to kill off the only one he could have ridden. Why have they reduced Tyrion to a man of stupid and disastrous strategies...It was this same Tyrion that ensured victory at the Battle of Blackwater by using wildfire to burn Stannis' ships so what the Bleep changed?!
Well, you really made a lot of sense there. But dont forget that this is a fiction and there are people who are in charge of creating this fiction. The showrunners or write may decide to do whit their pen and papers.
We all cried foul when ned and robbstark and catelyn and so many other characters that deserved not to die were killed by the writers.
You can write a story and decide you want to keep your readers guessing.
Lest i forget, at the bolded, tyrion is a wise characer no doubt but remember they almost lost the battle if not for the arrival of tywin and the tyrells.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
You don't agree with my reasons, that's fine...... I don't agree with yours Either. No need to shove your opinion down my throat, bruddah.
You have your theories, i have mine . lets stick with that.

And that is all they are- theories..... Because there is no confirmation on the show that only Wights can go beyond the wall..... If they can go beyond the wall, that is. The farthest we've seen one is in castle black attacking the Lord commander and even he was reanimated AFTER his lifeless body was brought in from the north and was already in castle black.

There literally is proof because the hound is carrying one to King's landing
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by IamLEGEND1: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
gj22:

Speared them?
Lol.
Why will he spear them when his wights can handle it?
I also think that he was waiting for the dragons to come
but the Ice broke and Wights couldn't get across but they all just stood there for days for no particular reason when he could've ended the whole thing without any fuss.

But yeah, the night king seems to know much more than anyone of them can imagine and it's entirely possible he was using Jon and crew as fish bait for dany.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Seun:
Tyrion's stupid plan which Jon Snow, Dany, and many other people stupidly agreed to backfired. What a shocker. Now the NK has a dragon.

Emilia Clarke is a disappointing actress. I understand that it was difficult for them to get a good British actress who looked underaged and was willing to do casual nudity and simulated sex on camera, but they should have tried harder. Main characters should be played by very good actors. One of her "children" was executed and she could not produce a single tear. Not even fake tears. Her character was smiling at Jon Snow when he woke up, shaking her head when he was apologizing. Wtf was that? She can portray 3 emotions: (1) anger (2) happiness (3) horniness. When she is required to portray other emotions like sadness or inner conflict, all she can do is stare blankly into space.
I want to disagree with you to some extent. Remember when she realised that ser jorah was infested with greyscale, she was completely sad and cried. You can go back to that episode and see for yourself. I think she also cried when khal drogo died.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by GMan650(m): 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
dany will most likely get knocked up by Jon,i agree. And i doubt the writers will kill her off IF that happens.....with Cersei probably losing her pregnancy soon, two miscarriages/killing off pregnant women in the span of 8 episodes will not just be cheap but also very sloppy writing from D&grin.
With that said, the above scenario doesn't bode well for Jon's chances of survival. GRRM is too sadistic to allow the top two characters have anything resembling a happy ending.
In the event dany doesn't get pregnant, i think she switches places with Jon and he'll be left to carry on the Targaryen line.

The living win the war, obviously, leaving us #TeamNightKing heartbroken and distraught but a lot of the main characters are taken out in the process. So, there you have it- My own version.

Lol.... nice one. Don't you think The Hound is getting boring and stupid as time goes by?
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Gbola5(m): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
gj22:

Well, not in the show.
Rewatch the first season i think.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Gbola5(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
gj22:

Because it doesn't
No. It's the same world.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sophie Turner (sansa stark) is a good actress. I liked that scene with Arya when she was being questioned about the letter. She really kept her cool especially when she asked arya what she did to save their father?
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
GMan650:

Lol.... nice one. Don't you think The Hound is getting boring and stupid as time goes by?
Nope. I dont think do. The hound is doing a fantastic job. Remember he is a fighter and a killer. I was even suprised that he bonded easily with tormund.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Gbola5(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
IamLEGEND1:

But yeah, the night king seems to know much more than anyone of them can imagine and it's entirely possible he was using Jon and crew as fish bait for dany. [/b] [/i]

What, he's some seer now ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
Will dragon glass or valerian steel or dragon fire kill the night king?

Cc: gbola5 iamlegend
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gbola5:

No. It's the same world.

The show has changed a lot. Snow in Kingslanding is obviously one of the changes.

It has never been shown on screen and gendry just confirmed it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by IamLEGEND1: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
gj22:

There literally is proof because the hound is carrying one to King's landing
I'm glad you pointed that out.
If a wight can be taken across now, a WW very well can.
They only need to physically bring the wall down to stroll through which may be why the NK needed that dragon.
Personally, I think the theory about the NK's mark on bran is proving to be True and cold hands simply didn't know at the time.

But I guess we'll see how it goes in the finale..... Then maybe this argument will be settled for good.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by Magnifico2000: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gbola5:

Remember the night king also sees vision just like bran.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gbola5:

The whole sequence is suspicious.

They had a WW and a group of wights.

One of the wights just happened to not be bonded to the white walker and that wight cried for help.

Now, during the fight, another wight tried to save the captured wight.

I don't know if he is a seer or not but he definitely knows what he's doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by gj22(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
I'm glad you pointed that out.
If a wight can be taken across now, a WW very well can.
They only need to physically bring the wall down to stroll through which may be why the NK needed that dragon.
Personally, I think the theory about the NK's mark on bran is proving to be True and cold hands simply didn't know at the time.

But I guess we'll see how it goes in the finale..... Then maybe this argument will be settled for good.

The wall was built to stop WW not wights. It has been said in the show countless times.

A wight being able to pass doesn't mean a WW can.

Uncle benjen even said he cannot cross. He is alive because of the same magic that made the WW.

Yes, we shall see I guess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) by IamLEGEND1: 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gbola5:

No one knows shit_about the guy or the true extent of his powers save for the fact that he was a former lord commander of the nights watch. And this is game of thrones..... every theory is valid until proven otherwise.
It'll also help explain away the many things that made no sense in this episode.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (47)

BBNaija: Vandora "My Ex Used To Slide It In While I Sleep And I Don't Feel It" / BBNaija: Meet Seyi, Obafemi Awolowo Grandson Is On The Big Brother Naija 2019 / Biggie Tells Dorathy To Leave Diary Room Over Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.