Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups (6764 Views)

SEO 101: Keyword Research For Beginners / An SEO Guide On How To Rank For A Keyword / SEO Guide 2019 For Wordpress And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2017
Mods, let's get more creative with this section. You guys keep pushing the same threads everyday. All these blogging threads on the homepage every morning are the same. There is a thread by Nichesiteseo that presents something new. We need threads like that not repetition.
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2017
checkolatunji:

Pls how does back link works?

I am trying to get some write up from a foreign site and they are asking me to make use of back links

Pls what implication will this have on my blog?

Thanks
backlinks mean when someone writes an article and references your site...If you have backlinks from big websites...You'll rank higher cos you'll have a high domain authority
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2017
pauljumbo:
Nice post
Thanks
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 9:59am On Aug 17, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
Thanks. This is just what I need.
You are welcome
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2017
wolesmile:
Information is knowledge. Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Plagiarism!

Is this transcript not generated from Google Digital Marketing Skills certification page?
Proof, please!
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Naijabams:

Can you help on how 2 setup the Squirrly
Do you use a WordPress for your website?
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Innov8ve1: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2017
Celebslifestyle:

Lol, I own a health blog wt just 30 post , with the help of SEO I'm able to receive 2k visitors a day from US , Philippine etc. Its been like months since I updated but I still receive tons , what u just read from d OP is just tips , more to it
guy dont let blogger dashboard stats play tricks on you. those numbers you are seeing there arent genuine. if u want to see real numbers of people visiting your site you need to check that through google analytics. you need to add the tracking code to your site so that you can be able to view your stats on Google analytics dashboard instead or via GA android app. Discard whatever you see on blogger stats page, they are bot views
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by abdulmalik3(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2017
nice one
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Innov8ve1: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2017
Seo works though, but takes time.
i blog at http://www.naijadailyfeed.com
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 17, 2017
SEO isn't easy but it is the best form getting clean traffic
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by checkolatunji: 10:33am On Aug 17, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

backlinks mean when someone writes an article and references your site...If you have backlinks from big websites...You'll rank higher cos you'll have a high domain authority

Okay but I am referencing their site cos I want to get write up from their site and I must use their back link to show I got the write up from their site.

I hope it won't have negative effect on my blog?

Thanks
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2017
checkolatunji:

Okay but I am referencing their site cos I want to get write up from their site and I must use their back link to show I got the write up from their site.

I hope it won't have negative effect on my blog?

Thanks
Sure! you have to show you referenced it from their site to avoid plagiarism...

It won't have a negative effect on your blog...You are helping them get traffic.

However I'll advice you get the ideas or points from their content and other contents then rewrite your own article
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
Celebslifestyle:

Lol, I own a health blog wt just 30 post , with the help of SEO I'm able to receive 2k visitors a day from US , Philippine etc. Its been like months since I updated but I still receive tons , what u just read from d OP is just tips , more to it
That result might be flawed. Why don't u install Google Analytics?
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by checkolatunji: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

Sure! you have to show you referenced it from their site to avoid plagiarism...

It won't have a negative effect on your blog...You are helping them get traffic.

However I'll advice you get the ideas or points from their content and other contents then rewrite your own article

Okay....Thanks
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by AnkaraStyles(f): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Luiz1:
That's not true! You're definitely doing somethings wrong.
what should I do right sir?
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by AnkaraStyles(f): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

I beg to differ...It's possible you are doing it the wrong way. Also, you have to be clear about the keyword you want to rank for. Lastly, it's easier to rank for and get conversion for long tail keywords like "Nike shoes in Lagos" than a normal keyword like "shoes"
what do you suggest I do right sir
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by AnkaraStyles(f): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Luiz1:
Honestly, its difficult to say without analyzing ur site for diff metrics. Is that ur site?
yes, that is my site
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
kam1992:
Get Free 100,000 USA Email List. A very big opportunity i am giving you 100,000 valid USA emails and you’ll be very excited about it. Promote your product to USA to 1 lac peoples. This Usa Email list help you to get usa leads. You also sale this list to fiverr and others site this is 100% free. Unlock the content click on download button and download. Email marketing is one of the best way to maketize your product.

Get it from here: www.naijaadvance.com.ng
How sure are that they will be interested in my products
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by CelestineC(m): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
checkolatunji:

I am trying to get some write up from a foreign site and they are asking me to make use of back links

Thanks

Yes backlinks works... But only once from websites/blogs related to your niche
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by checkolatunji: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
CelestineC:

Yes backlinks works... But only once from websites/blogs related to your niche

I don't understand the bolded

Will it have any negative effect on my blog?
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
checkolatunji:

Thanks

Backlink is one of the criteria used by search engines such as google to rank websites during word search. The more your have people linking to your website the more you priority google gives to you during a search. The websites that links to you also matters , when websites such as Forbes.com link to you ,you tend to get better ranking than when an ordinary blog with low number of pages viewers does. You can contact bloggers for link building,some of them might be kind enough to help you out.
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by CelestineC(m): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
checkolatunji:

I don't understand the bolded

Will it have any negative effect on my blog?

Google might not reorganize it... As a matter of fact it does more harm than good.

So only backlinks from blog/websites from related niche matters to search engines.
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
lanwo:

You need to leverage on WordPress ,there are tons of SEO plugins that can help you with SEO. I don't know how blogger works , I think WordPress is better.
I completely agree with this. Blogger is a very limiting platform......
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Celebslifestyle: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
Luiz1:
That result might be flawed. Why don't u install Google Analytics?
Lol , I owned a renowned YouTube Channels , I drive traffic from der as well, but if u wanna know the real SEO contact me, I will show u wt no price
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Celebslifestyle:

Lol , I owned a renowned YouTube Channels , I drive traffic from der as well, but if u wanna know the real SEO contact me, I will show u wt no price
OKAY SIR.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Comedy Blog; Will It Get Traffic? / How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.