Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession (19556 Views)

Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters / Customs Promotes Bashir Abubakar Who Rejected $420,000 Bribe / Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by nams77: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
What about the ones that were sacked. One sided news!

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Luckyomon(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
almost 100k increase in salary for those of you saying 1k
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by newoffer: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
Biko make una promote our dividend o.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by scholes23(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:
N1, 000 addition to salary undecided undecided undecided

Is that one Promotion.
SENSE FALL ON YOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by emmyz09(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
DID YOU KNOW HOW MANY CONTRACT STAFF THEY HAVE?, AND HOW MUCH THEY ARE PAID?, WITH HOW THEY SACK THEM WITH TEXT MESSAGES....
PLEASE DONT LET THEM USE THAT FIRSTBANK ISSH TO DECEIVE PPL...

1 Like

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dayosaurus(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
Loool. You convinently omitted the part where 1000 staff were sacked
dammy13:
​First Bank of Nigeria Limited has promoted over 3000 of its workforce in its recent promotion exercise targeted at rewarding staff for strong performance in driving the Bank’s business. The Bank in recognition of the hard work and contributions of staff rolled out unprecedented promotions across board, moving up over 3000 staff members in spite of the difficult economic downturn and challenging operating environment.

In the bid to constantly improve employee welfare, career development and progress, FirstBank continuously develops its staff and invests in its talent pool. This year’s promotions was targeted more towards lower and middle management cadres within the Bank in recognition of their pivotal role in customer service delivery and the Bank’s transformational programme. The performance review is an annual exercise in the Bank tailored to recognize and reward members of staff who have excelled as well as disengage members of staff who performed poorly in the last financial year.

According to Adesola Adeduntan, MD/CEO, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, “With the 2017 promotions, the Bank has delivered on its commitment to always reward staff performance and build a motivated workforce. Our priority as an institution is to empower and build the capacity of our people as they are our best assets. Our people are also our surest path to achieving our strategic goals and accelerating business performance across all key business indices”.

The Management of First Bank of Nigeria Limited remains committed to building an institution that will always put its stakeholders – employees, customers, investors, communities, institutions and businesses – at the heart of the business. Recently the Bank unveiled new employment models – FirstBank Management Associate Programme (FMAP) as well as the Senior Management Development Programme (SMDP) – as part of efforts to build the next set of leadership. With the new model, staff can now benefit from accelerated career progression, whilst also building leadership capabilities at an early stage of their career.

http://fabinfos.com/first-bank-promotes-3000-staff-despite-recession/

1 Like

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Ashibelieve: 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
amazing news
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by MosD: 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
Simply publicity. learnt so many people were sacked, that was played down

1 Like

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by scholes23(m): 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
MosD:
Mr. oga its not a matter of publicity, at least give them credit for appreciating the efforts of their staff

1 Like

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
izzou:
Good move

Hope dingbang was promoted?

That dude tried for FirstBank here on nairaland
thanks for your appraisal bro. I am just a contract staff. Being able to add value in any way possible wherever I find myself is my passion.

I believe good deeds aren't hidden.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by gwinaB(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
dayosaurus:
Loool. You convinently omitted the part where 1000 staff were sacked

1000 staffs cannot be sacked from first bank in one sweep. Try stick with what u know
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by gwinaB(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
MosD:

Sacking, promoting and recruiting is all part of the business.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
iihtlagos:
wow

About 1000 programmers, Network Engineers and IT experts were even taken out of the country for training.

Another reason to invest in I.T education.!!

Tap into our Bonanza and acquire cheap I.T Education. Check my signature today!!

I tap into your bonanza bro.. I want to learn systems security.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by sirusX(m): 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
otabuko:
And contract staff
That is the P
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by toocoded: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
DATMAT:
ARE CONTRACT STAFF ALSO PROMOTED?
Nope
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by fabiosmart: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
dingbang:
thanks for your appraisal bro. I am just a contract staff. Being able to add value in any way possible wherever I find myself is my passion.

bro pls, how much do they pay contract staff? and is it the same for all c. staff?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
fabiosmart:

bro pls, how much do they pay contract staff? and is it the same for all c. staff?
it depends on the recruiting firm. Its not the same..
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dayosaurus(m): 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
gwinaB:

1000 staffs cannot be sacked from first bank in one sweep. Try stick with what u know

Madam ask any firstbanker you know. Quit making false assumptions

1 Like

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by fabiosmart: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
dingbang:

I'm thinking of either whyte cleon or mactay?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by fabiosmart: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
dingbang:

you have idea of the two firms?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by mechanics(m): 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
good news indeed.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
dammy13:
​First Bank of Nigeria Limited has promoted over 3000 of its workforce in its recent promotion exercise targeted at rewarding staff for strong performance in driving the Bank’s business. The Bank in recognition of the hard work and contributions of staff rolled out unprecedented promotions across board, moving up over 3000 staff members in spite of the difficult economic downturn and challenging operating environment....

Nice 1!

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Franchise21(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
izzou:
Good move

Hope dingbang was promoted?

That dude tried for FirstBank here on nairaland
Dingbang, were u?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
fabiosmart:

you have idea of the two firms?
whytecleon recruits for diamond bank though... For mactay I don't know about them.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
Franchise21:
Dingbang, were u?
I dey here baba....
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Franchise21(m): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
dingbang:
I dey here baba....
Lol! I asked if u were promoted? grin
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Franchise21(m): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
dingbang:

Ooh! Re u a service teller or a DSA?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by smasher1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
romenna:
av also bn promoted oh.
Congrats
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by unmask: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
Keneking:
Can we mark the register?

Most employees are in Lagos and they are from SW. So I am sure they would be more favoured.

Show us the affected employees and others.

Nonsense appraisal
must everything be tribal with you guys?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2017
Franchise21:
Ooh! Re u a service teller or a DSA?
E business officer..
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
Franchise21:
Lol! I asked if u were promoted? grin
if u promote me, e nor go bad o wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SARS Officers Are Not Supposed To Wear Plain Cloth While On Duty - PPRO, Dolapo / Use This ASUU Strike To Come Intern At Hotels.ng -CEO Of Hotels.ng , Mark Essien / The Key Differences Between A Chauffeur And A Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.