Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession (19555 Views)

Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters / Customs Promotes Bashir Abubakar Who Rejected $420,000 Bribe / Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Moahmed: 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
gwinaB:

1000 staffs cannot be sacked from first bank in one sweep. Try stick with what u know

Chairman since last week close to 500 staff(both core and non core) have been laid off.the target is 1000.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by begwong: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
Stewpid bank. They forgot to add the number of staff dey sacked.
Here is a testimony of one of the sacked staff who served 18years only to be paid 1month in lieu....
Congratulations to those who got their promotions. Unfortunately however, the MD was deliberately silent on the fact that, this is the first promotion exercise in the Bank for the past three years.
He is also provocatively silent on the over 286 other staff he has sent out of the Bank by terminating their appointments in one swoop, with payment of only one month salary in lieu of notice. Both letters of promotion and the sack letters were released simultaneously and so one wonders why the MD/CEO chosed to blow a loud trumpet on one and left out the other.
I gave the Bank my youthful age and strength, serving for 18 years only for me to be served with a LETTER OF TERMINATION on Monday 14th August, 2017 on the ground that MY SERVICES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED. The letter went further to state that I will be paid my salary up to the date of the letter (11/8/2017) and one month basic salary in lieu of notice. What a callous management? As if that is not enough, the letter states further that I will be advised of my indebtedness to the Bank for me to pay. And I understand this includes the rent arrears that was given to me in January, which I paid to my landlord. I don't know if they actually expects my to go and ask the landlord to return it for me to return to them. I am not sure if they really carried the legal dept where I spent over 12 years in their decision. If they did, then they would have known that they are jokers.
As I resume in private practice next week, I am waiting for them.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
In all things, give thanks to God.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
begwong:
Stewpid bank. They forgot to add the number of staff dey sacked.
Here is a testimony of one of the sacked staff who served 18years only to be paid 1month in lieu....
Congratulations to those who got their promotions. Unfortunately however, the MD was deliberately silent on the fact that, this is the first promotion exercise in the Bank for the past three years.
He is also provocatively silent on the over 286 other staff he has sent out of the Bank by terminating their appointments in one swoop, with payment of only one month salary in lieu of notice. Both letters of promotion and the sack letters were released simultaneously and so one wonders why the MD/CEO chosed to blow a loud trumpet on one and left out the other.
I gave the Bank my youthful age and strength, serving for 18 years only for me to be served with a LETTER OF TERMINATION on Monday 14th August, 2017 on the ground that MY SERVICES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED. The letter went further to state that I will be paid my salary up to the date of the letter (11/8/2017) and one month basic salary in lieu of notice. What a callous management? As if that is not enough, the letter states further that I will be advised of my indebtedness to the Bank for me to pay. And I understand this includes the rent arrears that was given to me in January, which I paid to my landlord. I don't know if they actually expects my to go and ask the landlord to return it for me to return to them. I am not sure if they really carried the legal dept where I spent over 12 years in their decision. If they did, then they would have known that they are jokers.
As I resume in private practice next week, I am waiting for them.
To God be the glory. What's your advice for me Sir?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by onyxo76(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Recession or not, if you work and deserve to be promoted, then you should be promoted.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Franchise21(m): 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
dingbang:
E business officer..
Hmm! Nvr heard of dat not to talk of it being a contract staff
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
Franchise21:
Hmm! Nvr heard of dat not to talk of it being a contract staff
lol. I just like to give prestige to my profile wink
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by topsonjto(m): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
otabuko:
And contract staff
some sacked
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Franchise21(m): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
dingbang:
lol. I just like to give prestige to my profile wink
Lol... U're a Direct Sales Agent
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 17, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:
N1, 000 addition to salary undecided undecided undecided

Is that one Promotion.
Are you one of the promoted staff?
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Teacherng: 1:19am On Aug 17, 2017
Great news for them at least. Reduce the number of people dependent on the [url=teacher.com.ng/category/nysc]NYSC Programme[/url] and [url=teacher.com.ng/n-power-teach-recruitment-news-npvn-npower-gov-ng/]N Power Teach[/url]
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by otabuko(m): 6:05am On Aug 17, 2017
topsonjto:
some sacked
this one weak me
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by izzou(m): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2017
dingbang:
thanks for your appraisal bro. I am just a contract staff. Being able to add value in any way possible wherever I find myself is my passion.

I believe good deeds aren't hidden.

Good deeds cannot be hidden. I wish you greater heights bro

Meanwhile,does FirstBank have any 2 million naira that they are not using? cool
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by peterobosa: 8:07am On Aug 17, 2017
How to Plan for the Future of your Business

If you have a business, or you are thinking of setting up one, there is one key thing you need to know: Business Succession Planning.

How you plan for your business to ensure continuity can very well be the defining factor in the kind of legacy you leave behind. As such, it is important that you seek advice from the right professionals.

Whatever your questions may be, Follow FBNQuest on Twitter and tweet your questions with the hashtag #AskTheExpert to get expert advice.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 8:15am On Aug 17, 2017
Franchise21:
Lol... U're a Direct Sales Agent
nope angry
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2017
izzou:

Good deeds cannot be hidden. I wish you greater heights bro

Meanwhile,does FirstBank have any 2 million naira that they are not using? cool
oh yes. As long as you got good collateral wink
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by iihtlagos: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2017
dingbang:
I tap into your bonanza bro.. I want to learn systems security.

Where is your location bro
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by Franchise21(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2017
dingbang:
nope angry
Aii
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by 400billionman: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2017
First Bank is a good bank.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
iihtlagos:

Where is your location bro
port Harcourt... I know I need to come to Lagos... I am saving money for that now...
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by babarii: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Don't be deceived by the so called promotion by first bank its a fraud.To imagine the bank has been laying off staff since january without recourse to the payment of severance of any kind.it should be noted that even those promoted received nothing as promotion arearers .A lot of attrocious policies are daily been churned out to the detriment of the general work force. Let us not be deceived by the rush to press its merely window dressing the bank is not the best place to work.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by iihtlagos: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2017
dingbang:
port Harcourt... I know I need to come to Lagos... I am saving money for that now...

Alright sir.
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by jobbers: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2017
really
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by phronesis(m): 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fraudulent and dastardly acts of First Bank management staff on display. One would have expect them to make the disengagement of about 300 staff without benefits that have served the bank over years ranging from 10 - 30 years the sensational news. Kindly see some of the staff responses on the publication of this same news on ThisDay publication online
My Own Comment on THISDAY NEWSPAPER ONLINE PUBLICATION......

As I resume in private practice next week, I am waiting for them. I wish you would publish this comment

The management is also practicing discriminatory policies. Recently, some management staff who were laidoff were paid one year entitlements while the middle management is being laid off without pay. This is modern day slavery and we will resist it with the last drop of our blood

First bank.. Best place to work in indeed....������
With so many pple not promoted for 6,7,8,9 years on one grade.. Meanwhile some few others get promotion on yearly basis... And those they refused to promote, instead of leaving them to do their work, they will sack them without wanting to pay a dime..... It's indeed d best place to work in!!!!!!
If Dt is how to b d best place to work then it is indeed shameful for ds country.

Another wrote:
Welcome team, it is highly disappointed that this management of First bank can be treating their staff as if they are animals, after 32 years serving them, I was only given LETTER OF TERMINATION as if i stole money or a criminal,this is highly unacceptable. How do they want the bank to grow well, when all their past staff are always in bitterness for their attitude. We should not be silent. No word of thank you or encouragement at all after putting in years of serving them with total dedication and commitment, this is the type if letter they are serving, God will judge them because I feel very upset. This is incredible. May God see us through.

Dyo wrote:
This is absolutely fraudulent. The management has not promoted for the past two years, only for them to promote now first time in the history of the bank saying that the promotion is effective September 2017. At the same time terminating the appointment of about 300 staff indiscriminately without benefits, which is against the labour law. As we speak the staff union has taken this up with them and proposal submitted for them to do the right thing in terms of rules of disengagement.

The whole world needs to know the truth......#StandForTheTruth
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by phronesis(m): 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
dingbang:
To God be the glory. What's your advice for me Sir?

As contract staff the bank has no plan for you whatsoever, imagine if they can treat their core staff as such. Cowboy have taken over FirstBank!
Re: First Bank Promotes 3000 Staff Despite Recession by dingbang(m): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
phronesis:

As contract staff the bank has no plan for you whatsoever, imagine if they can treat their core staff as such. Cowboy have taken over FirstBank!
yeah.. I am aware of that.. Its just good for a banker to be investing in side businesses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SARS Officers Are Not Supposed To Wear Plain Cloth While On Duty - PPRO, Dolapo / Use This ASUU Strike To Come Intern At Hotels.ng -CEO Of Hotels.ng , Mark Essien / The Key Differences Between A Chauffeur And A Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.