Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland (1790 Views)

Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out) / The Best Stories On Nairaland Forum. / Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by kayo80(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
I have over 10 stories available for free reading on Nairaland, and i have been able to gain a lot of publicity, thanks to some of the stories that made it to front page. I appreciate this, but it can also be a problem when you now decide to publish the book on a platform like Amazon.

The thing is, once your story hits front page, about a thousand bloggers that lift news from Nairaland lift stories too to their blogs. And this makes your work readily/easily available online. Amazon hates this.

In the past, i could always show them proof that i wrote the book, and they would still go ahead and publish. But while trying to publish one of my stories (Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes) last week, i noticed it was taking too long to be updated on their site, and then yesterday i got a message that it had been blocked from being published on their platform.

When i sent them a message, they said they can't publish it because it is readily available online. This really broke my heart cos Amazon is still the biggest online book market out there, and for me not to be able to have this particular book up was sad, cos i already had buyers ready for it. It really got me depressed cos i know how long i worked on that story (like 8 months).

So, i say all that to say this...be warned. It is okay to share stories you have no intentions of publishing here, but keep your most prized writing for Amazon.
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Caustics: 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by kayo80(m): 9:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
Caustics:
thanks a lot

You are welcome.
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Emescot(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
Atone time a thought abt this came to my mind... Thanks for sharing with us

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Abilitee(m): 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
pls...how can I get connected with Amazon for my book publish
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by kayo80(m): 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Abilitee:
pls...how can I get connected with Amazon for my book publish

Read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2017
I faced plagiarism when I started posting stories on nairaland.

I had to decide what stories I will post for free and still sell on okadabooks

And stories I will publish on amazon which I can't post here

And stories I will post half-way and whoever wants the conclusion can get it on okadabooks.

Just decide what you want and you won't feel that hurt.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by kayo80(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2017
SheWrites:

And stories I will post half-way and whoever wants the conclusion can get it on okadabooks.

Good luck.

Thanks for this comment.
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
kayo80:

Thanks for this comment.

*hugs*
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Olumidzti(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
SheWrites:

Good luck.
You have hit the nail on the head. If you have plans of marketing a book, then you shouldn't post it on nairaland or anywhere else for that matter. Otherwise, this is a great place to share your stories.
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Dyoungstar: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2017
SheWrites:

*hugs*

I don catch you!

Moses for our backyard tell me say you dey come here come hug boys but you hala say na lie when I ask you, now wetin be this one? No be HUG

I go tell.
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Dyoungstar:

I don catch you!

Moses for our backyard tell me say you dey come here come hug boys but you hala say na lie when I ask you, now wetin be this one? No be HUG

I go tell.
Lol..
Funny you
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2017
Dyoungstar:

I don catch you!

I go tell.

Haba... na holy-hug na.

Happy birthday sha. Hope u had fun *hugs*
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
Olumidzti:
You have hit the nail on the head. If you have plans of marketing a book, then you shouldn't post it on nairaland or anywhere else for that matter. Otherwise, this is a great place to share your stories.

Abi... *winks*
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Dyoungstar: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
SheWrites:

Haba... na holy-hug na.

Happy birthday sha. Hope u had fun *hugs*

Hug na hug, whether holy or unholy.

Thanks for the BD wish, did not have any fun at all.
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Dyoungstar: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2017
princ007:
Lol..
Funny you

How we go do na? Man must be happy, so life goes on.
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Dyoungstar:

Hug na hug, whether holy or unholy.

Thanks for the BD wish, did not have any fun at all.

Why na... were you working?
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
Dyoungstar:

How we go do na? Man must be happy, so life goes on.
Abi
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Dyoungstar: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
SheWrites:

Why na... were you working?

Lagos and it's wahalas jare
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Dyoungstar: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
princ007:
Abi

Sure!
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
Dyoungstar:

Lagos and it's wahalas jare

Kpele...
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by Dyoungstar: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2017
SheWrites:

Kpele...

Thank you jare and no more hugging people again please, to avoid 'Do You Know Me?'
Re: Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2017
Dyoungstar:

Thank you jare and no more hugging people again please, to avoid 'Do You Know Me?'

Hahaha

Na TRUE ooo

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Ongoing Stories Of The Month You Dont Want To Miss / The Dance Of My Princess / 2013 Free E-books Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.