Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) (31416 Views)

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by youngscholar(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2017
Nice move. cheesy
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by casspersteve: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2017
Efewestern:

am speaking base on experience, Delsu post ume is computer base, results are out 2 days after the exam, if you score high then your admission is sure . you just gat to agree with me that screen base on waec is fraudulent and breeds corruption.
true talk waec na classwork
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by NevetsIbot(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

You mean AAUA?
yeah
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 17, 2017
RobinHez:

The fee you pay to accept the admission you were given. It ranges between 40-70k from the few Uni's I know about grin

what's the essence of paying again when you will pay school fee again. in AAUA the school fee i7 25 -30k and the acceptance fee is 51K, 61K. i even heard that those given admission last paid almost 81k. what's the use of acceptance fee?

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2017
NevetsIbot:
yeah
I currently applied to that school but i did pd as well.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by StrafordSTONES(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2017
Philinho:
After many waters might have passed under d bridge

i swear to God, I don't even what the contention is...are we looking at the extortion or the kind of students to be admitted. The truth is that the scrapping of the post ume had an adverse effect on the education sector; Many chaffs were admitted, people who I believe didn't complete their secondary education. Can you imagine that in my school we recorded 40th percent failure in the first semester result thereby undermining the goal the institution aimed at- being the best in Nigeria.

Hence when we hear post ume, let's not look at it from the cost or extortion point of view though somehow being the reality but let's look at it from the point of view of the purpose it serves- burning the weeds to save the fruit.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2017
Jman06:
Good development. The set of students admitted last year in most universities were not as smart as those that were admitted in the previous years via post-UTME. This was reflected in their performances in year one semester exams.

Post-UTME helps to separate the men from the boys and the real ladies from the slay queens.
Exactly I noticed most of the first year students around me were just nonchalant even in the face of examination. .no seriousness because the didn't face putme

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by NevetsIbot(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

I currently applied to that school but i did pd as well.
well.. I applied for the school too tho. you have an edge over most people
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by RobinHez(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

what's the essence of paying again when you will pay school fee again. in AAUA the school fee i7 25 -30k and the acceptance fee is 51K, 61K. i even heard that those given admission last paid almost 81k. what's the use of acceptance fee?

Ahan! You don't want the VC and his squad to eat? Ya wicked o embarassed
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2017
NevetsIbot:

Bro.. now imagine those smart ones who scored horribly low this year and because p.ume has been scrapped went to change course to a far lesser course just to secure admission.

how will they feel knowing that post ume has been restored when you can't change your edited choice of course again. Is this not wickedness and stupidity

why would these people keep toying with everything the dull ones get the admission... the smart ones flop.

akugba didn't get me In for law last year but I saw more than ten people who we're like 7 marks below my point resume for the same law. last year!!!! even one of the dullards in my class back in 2013 got in and the guy still knows noting but yahho and girls!!

another friend beat Akugbas cut off by over 8points in 2014... the y denied him law cost he was probably igbo...

naija.. which way??

Shey aaua is akungba?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2017
NevetsIbot:
well.. I applied for the school too tho. you have an edge over most people
yes
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Ayuzz007(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2017
Welcome back post utme
Judging on o level result is already a no no for me
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:

Shey aaua is akungba?
AAUA = Adekunle ajasin uni akungba.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2017
RobinHez:

Ahan! You don't want the VC and his squad to eat? Ya wicked o embarassed
Alright, maybe is not been paid salary. make dem chop.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

AAUA = Adekunle ajasin uni akungba.

I been wan change to the school, computer sci
Buh this one u guyz are saying things here, lemme park well

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:

I been wan change to the school, computer sci Buh this one u guyz are saying things here, lemme park well
if you pass, you will be admitted.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Julietm(f): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2017
This is a good development, I teach in a private school were almost all the students go A's, and B's in all their subjects and the worse part of it is that 90% of these students knows nothing but they only pass with COPY AND PASTE after all the students were made to pay 10k each for expo!!! Thank God for these development

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Temysteve(m): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2017
sayyid:
lifting the ban in my own opinion is a good development, because screening students based on WAEC, NECO etc alone is not okay, they should allow universities to screen them according to the way they see fit. what the federal government should do is to regulate the amount that will be paid for the screening by each student, they must ensure that the money is affordable for all parents/wards.
sorry to ask! Is direct entry student also wrinting te post UTME??
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Julietm(f): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2017
Temysteve:
sorry to ask! Is direct entry student also wrinting te post UTME??
Yes, but its called post DE screening exam
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

if you pass, you will be admitted.

Someone said he had 8points more didnt get, buh someone with less got
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2017
Obara jesus!!

Noøoooooooooooooo!!! cry
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Efewestern: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2017
Julietm:
This is a good development, I teach in a private school were almost all the students go A's, and B's in all their subjects and the worse part of it is that 90% of these students knows nothing but they only pass with COPY AND PASTE after all the students were made to pay 10k each for expo!!! Thank God for these development

some even had to take waec again to make sure they had A parallel, glad they where disappointed, lazy and dull youth, the only thing they are good at is fb, twitter.

If you can pass waec then you shouldn't be scared of post ume..
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by heybee72(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2017
Pearlyakin:
Wow..I think this a good news for all our citadel of learning.
Isit the ones that are on strike?... I'm confused
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by tomsy2: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2017
adeleye003:

am I the only one that thinks Prof Ojerinde has been eating jamb's funds all these years

Yes, you may be the only one. I for one dont think so. Why? My brother paid for the form, paid for change of data to correct the approved registration centre error on his date of birth, paid for change of institution twice because one institution lost acreditation. Unfortunately it was like that for many others. Imagine N14,500 for multiples of candidates like my bros. Compare is to previous years and you see why Oloyede had so much more to remit than the previous years.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by dirtyhokage(m): 11:06am On Aug 17, 2017
sayyid:
lifting the ban in my own opinion is a good development, because screening students based on WAEC, NECO etc alone is not okay, they should allow universities to screen them according to the way they see fit. what the federal government should do is to regulate the amount that will be paid for the screening by each student, they must ensure that the money is affordable for all parents/wards.
And 7 people liked this thrash,what is JAMB there for? So people that wrote just WAEC and IELTS that's simple and got admission in UK how is any Nigerian university better than them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:

Someone said he had 8points more didnt get, buh someone with less got

you will start having problem with yourself if you start comparing yourself with others. if you pass you will be admitted.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by NevetsIbot(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:

Shey aaua is akungba?
yup
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by peteromenihu(m): 11:16am On Aug 17, 2017
THEY WRITE AM OH! THEY NO WRITE AM OH! ALL I KNOW BE SAY.......BOKO NA HARAM! if U think say I de lie......ask BUHARI.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Munirboss(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2017
Na People wey neva graduate go suffer dis one
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by famzing(m): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2017
KingRexUb:
i see dis as a kind of bribe so dat ASSU will suspend their strike.... ASSU No gree
exactly what I think.
This country is just doomed.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2017
Follow this link to join OAU post utme preparations WhatsApp group: https:///BbBTgnERKkP5rXpS0lvYRX
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Johnnyessence(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2017
So far so good. As it stand Apc is confused at the moment. Few schools based their admission on merits. So far it is connection. Well all the best to the jambite applicants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students Seen Climbing Transformer Fence In A Bid To Cross Flood / OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.