Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) (31424 Views)

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Caseless: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2017
callydon:
The Federal Government has lifted the ban on the controversial examinations usually organised by universities in Nigeria for admission seekers after the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).

The Federal Government had last year ordered the scrapping of post-UTME for candidates.Speaking in an exclusive interview with The Guardian in Abuja yesterday, the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, said universities could now organise post-UTME as a pre-condition to gaining admission into universities in the country.

The minister, who however urged university authorities to make the fees for the screening affordable and not to impose huge financial burden on the parents, said: “We are going to allow universities to organise post-UTME if they want.

“We have asked them not to impose huge financial burden on the parents. The burden should not be more than what they can bear.”Adamu said that the Federal Government had stopped the scrapping of the examination to fully understand what was going on in universities, adding: “We are now wiser.”

The minister, who expressed confidence in the examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), said the management of JAMB had remitted N5 billion to the Federal Government coffers, which happens to be the highest so far in the last 40 years of the board’s existence.

He said: “Since JAMB was established more than 40 years ago, the total amount it has given government was N200 million, but in one year, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede has remitted N5 billion to government.

“The new JAMB registrar has been correcting many anomalies in the board. Within a year, he has been able to stop all the untold things that were happening there.

Source: http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2017/08/fg-lifts-ban-on-post-utme-screening-by.html
And they hate him because he's a professor of islamic study. Useless children of hate.
Adamu adamu is a failure.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

you will start having problem with yourself if you start comparing yourself with others. if you pass you will be admitted.
Amen.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by gbaliciousgbali: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Vickyrotex won't like this at all at all
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
Efewestern:

am speaking base on experience, Delsu post ume is computer base, results are out 2 days after the exam, if you score high then your admission is sure . you just gat to agree with me that screen base on waec is fraudulent and breeds corruption.
Actually, in this year's post utme for Delsu, the results always come out in the evening of the day candidates wrote theirs.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by abbeyty(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

what's the essence of paying again when you will pay school fee again. in AAUA the school fee i7 25 -30k and the acceptance fee is 51K, 61K. i even heard that those given admission last paid almost 81k. what's the use of acceptance fee?

And the worst is that the money collected are only shared among the school top officials,they may not even spend a penny on any school's project.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
NevetsIbot:

Bro.. now imagine those smart ones who scored horribly low this year and because p.ume has been scrapped went to change course to a far lesser course just to secure admission.

how will they feel knowing that post ume has been restored when you can't change your edited choice of course again. Is this not wickedness and stupidity

why would these people keep toying with everything the dull ones get the admission... the smart ones flop.

akugba didn't get me In for law last year but I saw more than ten people who we're like 7 marks below my point resume for the same law. last year!!!! even one of the dullards in my class back in 2013 got in and the guy still knows noting but yahho and girls!!

another friend beat Akugbas cut off by over 8points in 2014... the y denied him law cost he was probably igbo...

naija.. which way??
why the f### would someone supposedly smart score low in jamb? This country is just f*cked up.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Julietm:
This is a good development, I teach in a private school were almost all the students go A's, and B's in all their subjects and the worse part of it is that 90% of these students knows nothing but they only pass with COPY AND PASTE after all the students were made to pay 10k each for expo!!! Thank God for these development
Please, hope you don't teach English language?

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Odunayaw(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
able88:
The bane of corruption in Nigeria is dominant in Education sector after public office.

No doubt, their chance to continue stealing from undergraduates granted to them once more.

What the hell is "acceptance fee"?
Till the ministry of education abolishes that sh1t called acceptance fee they do not have the interest of students at heart
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

Youngman, i advice you to sit back and start reading your books now before is too late. many a people was looking for the opportunity to write post utme last year but no means. count yourself a lucky man.
Why should he come himself lucky? There isn't even enough time to prepare. This our government is just confused. I am sha ready for them, any how they want it. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by NevetsIbot(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
CHIMDIYA4EVA:
why the f### would someone supposedly smart score low in jamb? This country is just f*cked up.
if you did jamb last year and this year... you'll understand. why didnt I and my friends who are gurus score less than 240 before 2014? ... then after 2014 we all barely reached 220 while the kids who just got outta school get 290+ even my guy who ticked randomly scored 260 this year! one sentence.. he can't construct..

please. don't annoy me today
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kai, Make Dey Start Am Next Yr Na, I Hav Not Been Reading Oooo, Futminna........Pls Start Ur Own Nex Yr
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
NevetsIbot:
if you did jamb last year and this year... you'll understand. why didnt I and my friends who are gurus score less than 240 before 2014? ... then after 2014 we all barely reached 220 while the kids who just got outta school get 290+ even my guy who ticked randomly scored 260 this year! one sentence.. he can't construct..

please. don't annoy me today

Every one knows that there were errors in last years jamb no doubt, but that of this year is better. I just think that post jamb should be scrapped coz it's so stressful. If students could write it from their states of residence, it would have been better. This country soon tire me jorr embarassed
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by peterobosa: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
How to Plan for the Future of your Business

If you have a business, or you are thinking of setting up one, there is one key thing you need to know: Business Succession Planning.

How you plan for your business to ensure continuity can very well be the defining factor in the kind of legacy you leave behind. As such, it is important that you seek advice from the right professionals.

Whatever your questions may be, Follow FBNQuest on Twitter and tweet your questions with the hashtag #AskTheExpert to get expert advice.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:
When I needed it most, they took it away and now when it of no use to me, Post utme is now back. it's a good thing though.
same with me
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
RobinHez:

Ahan! You don't want the VC and his squad to eat? Ya wicked o embarassed
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
RobinHez:

Ahan! You don't want the VC and his squad to eat? Ya wicked o embarassed
guy why we no dey see u for uniben 2017 admission thread?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Tholuwaniey:
Follow this link to join OAU post utme preparations WhatsApp group: https:///BbBTgnERKkP5rXpS0lvYRX
xup bro. The ban on pume made us lose out on UI last year.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
CHIMDIYA4EVA:
Please, hope you don't teach English language?
laugh wan kill me!

Choi!!!
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nten: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
why should the ban be lifted, l sense part of the criteria to call off the strike is to lift the ban. that post ume is an absolute systematic extortionist strategy by universities.... highly corrupt style... it won't stop by the charging of fees alone, acceptance fee money is there to be paid also by candidates. scrap that thing FG

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
where the thread dey abeg I wan drop my voice there o!
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Brith1: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
IF UR MOTHER IS NOT DATING D VC OR UR FATHER HAS NO TIES WITH THE PARTICULAR STATE GOVERNOR,, ... THERE WON'T BE ADMISSION TO STUDY LAW OR MEDICINE WITHOUT LUCK.
WETHER THEY SCRAP OR NOT, THE POLICIES WILL REMAIN THE SAME JUST LIKE NIGERIA POLITICS!
By the way dey dont care. By all facts, most of these office holders' children school abroad
IF THERE SHOULD BE A REFORM, THAT CAN POSITIVELY MODIFY THE ISSUES OF ADMISSION IN THIS COUNTRY, THEN, IT SHOULD SOLELY BE TARGETED AT THE NUMBER OF INTAKES BY UNIVERSITES!
Let's analyse it this way:
The number of applicants increases by nearly 50% every year BUT the number of INTAKES remains the same.WHY WON'T THERE BE COMPITION.for case study, UNIBEN continue admitting medicine students less than 200 in number whereas, the number of applicants keep on booming high every year.
WHY NOT FORMULATE AN EFFECTIVE POLICY ON A MANDATE TO ARREST THE ISSUES OF COMPETITION!
These traitors know all these things but they don't want us to be educated or profess in life's faculties
SFS

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by DRGREAT(m): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
plz...since the change of course/institution is still on,can one change school even if the person has already written screening test?plz i need your reply!
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by MrEgghead(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
CHIMDIYA4EVA:

Every one knows that there were errors in last years jamb no doubt, but that of this year is better. I just think that post jamb should be scrapped coz it's so stressful. If students could write it from their states of residence, it would have been better. This country soon tire me jorr embarassed
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by MrEgghead(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
CHIMDIYA4EVA:

Sometimes, It's good to put one's acumen into use before typing anything. If you start complaining of how stressful a 1 hr exam would be?,what will you do when you eventually gain admission when you'll be subjected to write loads of exams within just one week...
And if you eventually gain admission,you'll write you exams from home or residence?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
where the thread dey abeg I wan drop my voice there o!
https://www.nairaland.com/3771091/2017-2018-uniben-admission-thread
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
CHIMDIYA4EVA:

i reside in the south and choose a University in the West.
Paying all the way to the West solely to write the exams and the cost of transportation and everything is so stressful.
Since this year's UTME is credible then UTME SCORE alone should decide one's admission.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
gbaliciousgbali:
Vickyrotex won't like this at all at all
BABANGBALI again? How far guy it's FuckTheMods
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Philinho(m): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
[quote author=StrafordSTONES post=59555678]

i swear to God, I don't even what the contention is...are we looking at the extortion or the kind of students to be admitted. The truth is that the scrapping of the post ume had an adverse effect on the education sector; Many chaffs were admitted, people who I believe didn't complete their secondary education. Can you imagine that in my school we recorded 40th percent failure in the first semester result thereby undermining the goal the institution aimed at- being the best in Nigeria.

Hence when we hear post ume, let's not look at it from the cost or extortion point of view though somehow being the reality but let's look at it from the point of view of the purpose it serves- burning the weeds to save the fruit.[/quote
U made a point sha
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by RobinHez(m): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
GrandFinale2017:

Abeg gimme the link.

*modified *

No worry, i don see am. Thanks
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by tete7000(m): 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
sayyid:
lifting the ban in my own opinion is a good development, because screening students based on WAEC, NECO etc alone is not okay, they should allow universities to screen them according to the way they see fit. what the federal government should do is to regulate the amount that will be paid for the screening by each student, they must ensure that the money is affordable for all parents/wards.

So you think malpractices are not involved in post jamb. Sit down there dey deceive yourself.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
CHIMDIYA4EVA:

All i see is laziness.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

All i see is laziness.
off course you will call it laziness because you don't know what some people go through when going to other states to write post utme. I know what I went through travelling from port Harcourt to ile ife for post utme. I ate burns and pure water for four days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.