Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) (31425 Views)

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
off course you will call it laziness because you don't know what some people go through when going to other states to write post utme. I know what I went through travelling from port Harcourt to ile ife for post utme. I ate burns and pure water for four days.

I wrote post utme in unilag 2015, i travelled from ikare in ondo state. so i fathom the stress. i've written jamb thrice with good marks not less than 250. so you don't need to tell me story when my encephalon is not concealed at the back of my skull. you said you ate burns for four days? ThankGod you have something to eat.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Efewestern:

some even had to take waec again to make sure they had A parallel, glad they where disappointed, lazy and dull youth, the only think they are good at is fb, twitter.

If you can pass waec they you shouldn't be scared of post ume..
exactly!
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 18, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
exactly!

Abeg come gimme d money weh i go use travel from Abuja to owerri
Dont forget accomodation and feeding too

Theres nothing bad about post ume
Buh the foundation of 2017/2018 jamb was tha there wasnt going to be any postume
So we made choices based on that.. I wouldt have put an eastern uni if iknew there was going to be postume, i haven't arranged skulfees, its now transport money
Try to be reasonable and understand from our viewpoint

Its not as if d postume is 100% fooproof, u will still see impersonators and cheating even inthis so called postume
I am very sure of that, so dont make noise about finding a lake, theres a river, an ocean somewhere
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by MrEgghead(m): 3:19am On Aug 18, 2017
tete7000:

So you think malpractices are not involved in post jamb. Sit down there dey deceive yourself.
Malpractices abound everywhere but be sincere with yourself, but Is using waec as a criterion fair enough?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2017
Emzyme:

Abeg come gimme d money weh i go use travel from Abuja to owerri
Dont forget accomodation and feeding too

Theres nothing bad about post ume
Buh the foundation of 2017/2018 jamb was tha there wasnt going to be any postume
So we made choices based on that.. I wouldt have put an eastern uni if iknew there was going to be postume, i haven't arranged skulfees, its now transport money
Try to be reasonable and understand from our viewpoint

Its not as if d postume is 100% fooproof, u will still see impersonators and cheating even inthis so called postume
I am very sure of that, so dont make noise about finding a lake, theres a river, an ocean somewhere
me too will be travelling from Enugu to Ibadan for post ume.
the truth is that post ume is way better than point system.
that's why I don't mind whatever it costs.
u sacrifice something to achieve something better.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Xerox01(m): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2017
alex81:
some students will not like this
I personally don't like it
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by chukwukapromise(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
me too will be travelling from Enugu to Ibadan for post ume.
the truth is that post ume is way better than point system.
that's why I don't mind whatever it costs.
u sacrifice something to achieve something better.
Bingo....In p.utme U Sacrifice But With D Mindset That Your Sacrifice Will Pay Off...Point Grading Is Just One Sh!t Dat Only Has To Do With Paper Work, Which May Just Not Favour U...
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2017
chukwukapromise:

Bingo....In p.utme U Sacrifice But With D Mindset That Your Sacrifice Will Pay Off...Point Grading Is Just One Sh!t Dat Only Has To Do With Paper Work, Which May Just Not Favour U...
God bless u joor.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2017
When I been dey look for post utme Dem remove am trowea now Wey I no need am, Dem bring am come back. Chai! There's god o.

I've not open a single text book since I finished writing, all I've been doing is reading one crime or sci fi novel.

Chai! Wetin I go tell people if I no get admission this year!
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by tete7000(m): 10:13am On Aug 18, 2017
MrEgghead:
Malpractices abound everywhere but be sincere with yourself, but Is using waec as a criterion fair enough?

So far it is an exam, it ought to be objective enough to be used for assessment it was intended for. If it fails that, it is not the fault of the student but those conducting the exam and students ought not be made to face the consequence of failure of those saddled with conducting a fair exam. If you say people cheat in one exam, and then start conducting another exam where cheating rear its head again, what else do you do? You conduct another exam, and another exam and another exam, and we have an endless series of exams?
Our problem in Nigeria is that we are never thorough to solve problems at roots, we seek quick fix to every problem and thus have never succeeded in really solving any problem.
I live close to unilag and know that most tutorial centres around the university gave out unilag post jamb questions prior to the day of the exam, so that in the long run the problem of circumventing malpractice does not end but simply return at a different level. And just as it is in unilag so is it in most of our universities. Nigerian university admission problem just like every other problems in other facet of our national life is one of corruption. As long as corruption reigns in the land, cheating will continue to thrive at any level exam is conducted.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by obisco4u: 10:17am On Aug 18, 2017
This is great news. Those boasting about their A's and B's in O level should have a re-think. Point system is officially dead.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by MrEgghead(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2017
tete7000:

So far it is an exam, it ought to be objective enough to be used for assessment it was intended for. If it fails that, it is not the fault of the student but those conducting the exam and students ought not be made to face the consequence of failure of those saddled with conducting a fair exam. If you say people cheat in one exam, and then start conducting another exam where cheating rear its head again, what else do you do? You conduct another exam, and another exam and another exam, and we have an endless series of exams?
Our problem in Nigeria is that we are never thorough to solve problems at roots, we seek quick fix to every problem and thus have never succeeded in really solving any problem.
I live close to unilag and know that most tutorial centres around the university gave out unilag post jamb questions prior to the day of the exam, so that in the long run the problem of circumventing malpractice does not end but simply return at a different level. And just as it is in unilag so is it in most of our universities. Nigerian university admission problem just like every other problems in other facet of our national life is one of corruption. As long as corruption reigns in the land, cheating will continue to thrive at any level exam is conducted.

Malpractices in WAEC Exam's can never be compared to Post UTME..I know what I'm saying.Miracle centres in waec exams are just too much and issue of point system has increased it recently..If you're among those who have good o level results,you shouldn't be afraid of any test..And don't bring issue of stress and money because even without putme last year,Schools still collected their money in disguise of screening fee..People still queued in uniben for the absurb screening...Stress during putme days was not even up to that of last year.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2017
Xerox01:
I personally don't like it
olodo spotted
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by staniyere(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2017
ADMISSION ! ADMISSION !! ADMISSION !!! SEPTEMBER ENTRY
Universities in Benin republic has opened Admission for fresh aspirants seeking undergraduate/direct entry admission in different career paths such as;
AVAILABLE COURSES OFFERED.

MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
1. Accounting and Finance
2. Economics
3. Banking, Finance and insurance
4. Business Administration
5. Human Resource Management
6. Marketing

SOCIAL SCIENCE
1. International Relations and Diplomacy
2. Political Science
3. Public administration

FACULTY OF ART
1. Law
2. Mass Communication

APPLIED SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY
1. Computer Science
2. Computer Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering

Admission Requirements:
Undergraduate degree;
* 0'level (WAEC, NECO, GCE & NABTECH)
* Birth Certificate
* International passport or ECOWAS Passport
* Four (04) recent passports photograph
*Parents/guardian photograph

Duration:
Undergraduate: 3 years while LAW and Engineering 4 years

FOR INQUIRES
Contact us on :
Call/SMS- +22999647004/08035184417
Whatsapp: 08035184417
Email : staniyere4real@yahoo.com

TUITION FEE: N170,000 PER SEMESTER

Check our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Secure-Admission-into-Benin-republic-universities-Cotonou-without-JAMB-453121638216930/
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Xerox01(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
olodo spotted
No be only olodo de hate exam na Bros
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
Xerox01:
No be only olodo de hate exam na Bros
Na true sha, even the Bright students don't like exams.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
Na true sha, even the Bright students don't like exams.

The brighter student i know loves exam.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
macduffrx:

The brighter student i know loves exam.
bros that's not true, no student loves exams in this country, some might have some confidence but non love exams.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
bros that's not true, no student loves exams in this country, some might have some confidence but non love exams.

That is what you think.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
macduffrx:

That is what you think.
it's not what I think, IT'S what I know, even you that's talking don't love exams!

Let's start with the word " LOVE "
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
it's not what I think, IT'S what I know, even you that's talking don't love exams!

Let's start with the word " LOVE "

don't start with me sir, what make you think i detest exam? i love exam. infact checking result is what i like most. don't quote me again plese.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
macduffrx:

don't start with me sir, what make you think i detest exam? i love exam. infact checking result is what i like most. don't quote me again plese.
go tell that to the gods!
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by VegetarainVamp(f): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
nice one.. but e pain me last year oo..what would happen to the coconut heads that gained entrance last year..
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
go tell that to the gods!
K
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
macduffrx:

K
have a nice day Bro.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
VegetarainVamp:
nice one.. but e pain me last year oo..what would happen to the coconut heads that gained entrance last year..
u choose UNIBEN last yr bah?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by otokx(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
i reside in the south and choose a University in the West.
Paying all the way to the West solely to write the exams and the cost of transportation and everything is so stressful.
Since this year's UTME is credible then UTME SCORE alone should decide one's admission.

Why did you not choose a university in the south?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by JONATHAN97(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
That is a good idea since last year's students showed a high rate of failure in there results.

If you need FUTO past questions and answers for the price of #200 pm. You can get it in PDF, PowerPoint and msword document
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 19, 2017
otokx:

Why did you not choose a university in the south?
stupid question.
all the Northerners, Easterners and Southerners, why didn't they choose a University in their region?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by ESIXLOVE: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
stupid question.
all the Northerners, Easterners and Southerners, why didn't they choose a University in their region?
funny enough most people don't like schooling in their region. It's simple, we see the evil in our environment and wants to go to where it is better, but get there and discovered that the story is the same or slightly different.

For most people sha, they just wants to be away from home.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by prevailer247(f): 2:19am On Aug 21, 2017
lord!

The world is full of turbulence, inconsistencies, selfishness, wickedness, irrationalities and confusions
i dont know what to pray for anymore. It's not as if certainly what i/we dream will give me happiness, all my human desires and ambitions are full of uncertainties, nobody is ever sure of what tomorrow may look like yet we strive to hold on to dreams as long as we can not minding. However, in the face of all these tribulations i know of only one source of true-happiness. "Christ" my true-friend, a friend not even death can part FROM ME .

#AMNOTAFRAID

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by gbaliciousgbali: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
BABANGBALI again? How far guy it's FuckTheMods
omo how you dey?longest time. Good to hear from you again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.