Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out (16737 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students Cry Out, Curse ASUU / KWASU Students Cry Out Against Extortion By School / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by Hardeybee28: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
Naijaphobia:
Back in the days on OAU campus....Management banned cooking severally while we students follow suit by banning management from entering our hostels.

Abeg OAU na school joor
na so dem say make we no use hot plate while in this same yabatech wile admin permits some to use while we were in that our great yabatech.
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by VeriteMFBank: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
A business is propelled by a mission and a vision, that is why companies have them

of copy same (even when they do not mean it). True businesses are built to last, and

outlive their founders, becoming institutions for the force of good in the process.

Businesses define the character of towns, cities and communities. Businesses define

the skyline of all progressive cities. They create jobs, boost the local economy,

impact the locality (through corporate social responsibility) and inspire the youth

to greatness through entrepreneurship. Profit is the byproduct of businesses

fulfilling its mission. The more people a business serves the more profit it makes.

You mat ask, What has all this got to do with me?

Good question. If you go into business for the wrong reasons, you will not succeed

in the long term. You need to get your motives right before you jump right in. If

you are pursuing someone else’s dream, you will not go far.

Here are some questions to ponder on:

> Is this something you really want to do or you got talked into it?
> Why do you choose that line of business (what is your motive)?
> What is your passion?
> What skills do you have, where does your talents lie?
> Does your passion, talent and skills align with this business?
> What is unique in your offering (what are you adding to the marketplace)?
> Are you willing to stick with it even if you make no profit in the first 1 – 2

years or more?
> Are you happy doing this (or you are in it for the money)?
> Where do you see this business in 5 – 10 years?
> How will your business contribute to the larger society?

If you are in for the money, you will not go far. You will also attract only

employees that are working for you for the money. When you are in it for the money,

all you will be thinking about is how to maximize profit rather than how to render a

better service.

Before you start that business, know who you are, what you are good at, where your

skills and passion lie, where you are now and where you are heading to. Answering

these questions will give you the right focus and appreciation of what you are

getting yourself into, and will help attract like minds as you form your dream team

and attract resource towards fulfilling your mission.

Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by Hardeybee28: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
bedspread:
TAKE ANY OF THESE DECISIONS

1. BUY MAMA PUT
2. PACK OUT OF THE HOSTEL
pack out after they v collected hostel fees?
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by Hardeybee28: 2:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
winkmart:
Maybe cooking in the hostel rooms, which hostel doesn't have a kitchen
yabatech hostl doesnt have ask me and i will tell u did my HND there.
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by SmartMugu: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
iwakacome:
bro there are students off k, I live in the environ, 3 or 4 people come together and rent a single room or what they can afford.
I'm not disputing. There are rooms but it's not as easy as colleges in several other states. I had my HND from Yabatech in 2005 and I know that area very well. My ND was in Ilaro, Ogun state and I could tell the difference between both climes around students getting off-campus accommodation.
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by SmartMugu: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
blackbeau1:
they can share. Four or five people in one room.
I'm not disputing. There are rooms but it's not as easy as colleges in several other states. I had my HND from there in 2005 and I know that area very well. My ND was in Ilaro, Ogun state and I could tell the difference between both climes around students getting off-campus accommodation.
While living off-campus in my ND days, I had a room to myself, and that can't be compared to living with 4 others in Yabatech environs....lol
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by KingRexUb(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
yabatech stundents una go survive...we ave bin surving uniuyo
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by SmartMugu: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
iwakacome:
bro there are students off k, I live in the environ, 3 or 4 people come together and rent a single room or what they can afford.
Again, I'm not disputing that fact you just stated. Not every student can afford living off-campus in the Yaba area of Lagos, that's what I mean. Plus, there are not enough off-campus accommodations for all the students in that area. Yabatech students, Unilag students and one College of education (I can't remember it's name) are all in that area. That area is populated already, so it's not same as other states where getting off-campus accommodation is easier than Yabatech area. Sure, some lucky students can get a spot off-campus, but not everyone gat it like that. That's what I mean...Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
LeonMacJames:
what tools did this masterpiece
photoshop
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by Dhavido(m): 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
iwakacome:
na you do big boy. Abule ijesha, Abule oja, Shomolu, Fadeyi have cheap rooms students can join hands and afford.

Rooms in Fadeyi are like kiosks, rooms in Shomolu are costlier than that and I don't know about Abule oja and Ijesha
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by Dhavido(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
blackbeau1:
if 3 ppl share it, it becomes easier.

Agreed

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by chika1996: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
blackbeau1:
Rent a room off campus.
many people can't afford a decent room off campus
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by ActionsShure: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Watch out as off k landlords increase dia hostel rent.
Single room now 80k
Self con 150k
Lol
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by babyfaceafrica: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
Na lie
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by coolexz7(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Typical Nigerian management style
Cooking leads to fire outbreak
1.Ban cooking
2.Don't provide an alternative.
3.Ban any alternative the victims comes up with [sup][/sup]
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by LeonMacJames(m): 7:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Kakasa:
photoshop
grin 98/100grin

can i PM you please , I'm a potential designer andthis your work is really awesome,so I want you mentor me.
thanks.
Re: Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out by bonario1: 9:19am On Aug 19, 2017
HeWrites:
According to a report from our source who pleaded anonymity –
The school authorities banned “cooking” in the school hostel, and according to our source, this act was dubious because the ban was revealed after they had paid for the hostel accommodation fees.
However, according to the memo the ban of cooking was essential in order to forestall fire outbreak.

An excerpt from the memo reads;
Under no circumstance should students cook in the hostels.This is essential to forestall fire outbreak and inconvenience to other students
Contravention of this regulation may lead to suspension from the hostel.

http://www.yabaleftonline.com/yabatech-students-ban-cooking-school-authorities/

yabatech is becoming something else the hostel was opened 3 weeks to first semester exam. the fire incident that occurred in the school recently was caused by electrical fault and it has nothing to do with the student because it was not cause by them.
I was in Yabatech on Monday or Tuesday this week and i heard gun shots in school around pass 8pm while students were running up and down for their safety I later heard that it is been occurring over a month and still nothing has been done by the school management I even heard that someone was shot beside the school library and yet nothing has been done to stop this occurrence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yabatech 2nd Supplementary List / FG Confirms Closure Of FGC, Kwali, Security Beef-Up In Unity Colleges / Fayemi Celebrates Command Secondary School, A Project He Started 4 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.