Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,037 members, 7,866,925 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF (12555 Views)

IPPIS Operators Manipulating Platform- Audit Report / FIRS Failed To Collect N41 Billion Taxes From Firms – Audit Report / Ihedioha To Sign Order On TSA As Imo Uncovers 250 Accounts Operated By Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by sweatlana: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunmsg:

If the president is to control the AGF then we will be making a mockery of the entire audit process. Audit is an independent examination of the accounts of an entity. In this case, the president is head of the audited entity hence he can't control the auditor.

Section 85 (6) of the 1999 constitution provides that [b]"In the exercise of his functions under this Constitution, the Auditor-General shall not be subject to the direction or control of any other authority or person" [/b]So you see, the president doesn't delegate duties to the AGF, the AGF's duties are clearly spelt out in the constitution and the audit ordinance act. If the AGF failed to do his job, he should be blamed accordingly and not the president.
This is the type of deception apc used to campaign.
You are just quoting the constitution out of context.
Did I say the president should control the auditor general ? No!
Be he has the responsibility to ensure that he dose his job!
Is the auditor general not appointed by the president?
Now that for some reason audit has not be done, who has the duty to hold him responsible?

I don't blame apc e-rats. Always trying to exonerate buhari and blame others.

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Kaxmytex(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
he should audit when oga has never given a go ahead.....

una eyes go clear very soon...
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by mekyno777(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
eleojo23:
No audit report for 2 years?

And they say there is no corruption now?

Who knows what has been happening to the money in that account all this time?
na d same ppl. I hv lost hope in Nigeria in all angles.
Do u knw dat even EFCC said (to NASS) they don't hav the account of the total amount recovered for yrs? ...lol

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by seunmsg(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:

This is the type of deception apc used to campaign.
You are just quoting the constitution out of context.
Did I say the president should control the auditor general ? No!
Be he has the responsibility to ensure that he dose his job!
Is the auditor general not appointed by the president?
Now that for some reason audit has not be done, who has the duty to hold him responsible?

I don't blame apc e-rats. Always trying to exonerate buhari and blame others.

National assembly.

Again, get it clearly now that it is not the duty of the president to ensure that he is audited, there is already a provision for that in the constitution. It will be an aberration if what you are advocating for is actually the case.

The president does not control, direct or monitor the AGF to ensure that he does his job. The AGF is completely independent of the president and only reports to the National Assembly. The president cannot even remove him without two third support of the senate. Instead of throwing insult around, go and learn how the system works.
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by akaahs(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
After Mrs English came out ND told us that we hv about 7 trillion in TSA account , y is this one saying 4 trillion? Somebody need to be fired or else............

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by yaki84: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunmsg:

It is the duty of the AGF to audit the account and not the president. The office of the Auditor General does not report to the president.

Yes, the president appointed the AGF but he doesn't control him when it comes to the discharge of the duties of his office. In fact, the Auditor General doesn't even report to the president. You people should go and learn how government works before making ignorant claims online.
who does he report to?

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by sweatlana: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
seunmsg:

National assembly.

Again, get it clearly now that it is not the duty of the president to ensure that he is audited, there is already a provision for that in the constitution. It will be an aberration if what you are advocating for is actually the case.

The president does not control, direct or monitor the AGF to ensure that he does his job. The AGF is completely independent of the president and only reports to the National Assembly. The president cannot even remove him without two third support of the senate. Instead of throwing insult around, go and learn how the system works.
The controversial tsa account which has not been audited it a direct failure of the FG.

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by refreshrate: 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
Joe igbokwe will soon come and tell you people you have no business asking for audit report.

There's a special place in hell for all things APC + their supporters.

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by lookingfly: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Pls pay ASUU from that money make we resume.

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Boyooosa(m): 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
chemali:
The AGF either doesn't know what he's doing or he's lying or the office of the AGF is incompetent.
Looking at this headline: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/07/04/finally-nassembly-receives-2015-audited-report-of-mdas/

The 2015 report was submitted in July 2017. Almost 2 years after the year end. The TSA was implemented in 2015. How was the 2015 audit concluded without a review of the accounts that hold government balances?
ACCOUNTS SUMMARY IS DIFFERENT FROM AUDITING, DONT CONFUSE THE PUBLIC.

kingphilip:
This is Nigeria my country

I think say e no go reach this level

But I sure say the shocker go come after the audit
And the shocker will be..... all these monies are not physically there or existed. embarassed
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by CharlotteFlair: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
Boyooosa:

ACCOUNTS SUMMARY IS DIFFERENT FROM AUDITING, DONT CONFUSE THE PUBLIC.

And the shocker will be..... all these monies are not physically there or existed. embarassed
The shocker will be that only 1trn actually exists in that account as against the mouthed 4trn which actually should be over 10trn.
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Boyooosa(m): 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
The shocker will be that only 1trn actually exists in that account as against the mouthed 4trn which actually should be over 10trn.
i got u.... same is my own thinking as well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Running Because I Am Tired, Ezekwesili Reveals As She Campaigns In Kaduna / Why Buhari Is Part Of Nigeria’s Problem And Not Solution – Buba Galadima / Dino Melaye Shares Throwback Photos From His NYSC Days (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.