Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo (24044 Views)

Sagay: APC, PDP Lawmakers Are United When It Comes To Sharing Money / The Cowardly Nigerian Army Killing Shiites Because They Are Unarmed / Defected Lawmakers Are Like Malaria Parasites In APC’s Body – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by tobsvent: 5:53am On Aug 18, 2017
Pained Cos Of Failed Agenda
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by 9jatatafo(m): 6:08am On Aug 18, 2017
But Baba is the originator of Ghana-must-go politics. It takes an unarmed robber to know another unarmed robbers
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Moorish: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
shocked In as much as I hate Obasanjo cos he is not any better, u can't just dicard his message. The national assembly members are the greatest enemies of this doomed nation of Nigeria. They are the ones that ve arrested the progress of this doomed nation and mortgage its future,that is if Nigeria ever had a future. With rogues as lawmakers, such a country can never be better than Yemen or Somalia. Even Syria at war is far better than Nigeria.

When u have animalistic and questionable character making laws, you can expect that there can never be any meaningful war against corruption cos they would enact laws that would pamper rather than fight corruption. Hence with weak laws and a corrupt judiciary one can see why EFCC can never be able to prosecute a single corrupt public office holder. It is for this reason I laugh when people wrongly attack the EFCC when they have their hands tied. Recall that when Bode George stole billions he got a mere 2 years in prison. When u ve such laws,myou pamper corruption. In other words, corruption pays afterall if it takes mere 2 years in jail to make billions then it is worth it afterall no one would make such money if you're free doing legitimate business.

If the national assembly gets so much in allowances and also get constituency allowances with which they claim to execute constituency projects which they never execute, you can imagine how these rogues are bleeding the economy. With the millions they get every quarter for constituency projects they would come and build toilets, sink borehole with bold inscription of their names on d projects for which they took so much and spent so little.

If the national assembly gets money to finance projects in their constituencies, then it is logical never to blame the executive alone for the infrastructural decay in this doomed nation. Also, because they are thieves, there are no measures or some form of audit of the monies they earn and spend on the so-called constituency projects.

By the way, the national assembly never finances projects but to make laws. That is d function of the executive but now that the legislature gets constituency projects, then it is logical for the judiciary as an arm of the government to get monies for constituency projects as well.
For them, it is business and they are out to make profit. The link below says it all.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senators-reps-lament-we-re-not-recouping-campaign-spending/170440.html

When the likes of Saraki who was receiving pension from Kwara state govt as ex-governor while serving as a senator could come out to say he has stopped receiving his pension due to outcries and has not deemed it fit to deliberate on this isssue with his colleagues and enact laws on this issue then u can imagine how doomed such a nation is to ve such individual as it topmost lawmaker. Or what of roadside thugs like Dino Melaye flaunting ill gotten wealth, ex governors who looted their state treasuries like TA Orji, Danjuma Goje, Bukar Ibrahim among others making laws, such a country would remain doomed.

A bicamaral legislature is too expensive that countries like Ghana and Senegal had to do away with it why cant we if not for the greed of a few and the docile masses divided by ethnicity and religion that allows such nonsense to fester.

Because these rogues have so much money to throw away that is why the likes of Saraki could employ as much as nearly 300 aides to what only God knows. Even many rich industralized nation cannot afford the size and cost of the Nigerian legislature.

If the national assembly was reduced and we have a unicamaral legislature, nothing like constituency allowances, reduced pay for lawmakers and strong laws to fight corruption perharps the death penalty as it is in China, you can imagine the monies available for capital projects which is a key driver of the economic activities, job creation and wealth distribution. But sadly the wealth is only for a few and a thief would never shoot himself in the foot by enacting strong laws against stealing. So never expect anything good from these robbers including that useless Ben Bruce with his empty common sense rants and that hypocritical Shehu Sani who can only boast of empowering his constituents with camels and radios.

Nigeria has no future, no hope and is heading indefinitely to the rocks. Even the Devil has more hope of making heaven than for this doomed nation to ever sniff progress and development. Nigeria is a disgrace to the black race. It is hopeless far beyond redemption.

Brother we can do something about it. But we are so disunited and selfish. The youth can cause a revolution in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by desmond2pk: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2017
This man laid the foundation of corruption in this republic.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Nigeriadondie: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2017
Moorish:

Brother we can do something about it. But we are so disunited and selfish. The youth can cause a revolution in this country
Which youths? Cos the Nigerian youths I know of are not prepared to do so. Also, we Nigerians have a way of betraying each other.
I would relate to u an instance while revolution can never happen when u ve a docile populace divided along ethnic and religious lines. U could see that when Charly boy led "resume or resign protest, it was disrupted by persons from a section of the country. When a political officer holder steals, he gets support from people from the same part of the country rising tonhis defence.
Also, just like where I worked before, we had a very bad and exploitative management and all d workers agreed to lay our complaints. We were to gather for a meeting and at d end of it agreement was reached that all junior staff wud be present on d D-Day. Could u imagine , d ones that often complains d most backed off, a few others were walking behind and never wanted their faces to be identified before d management as being in against d mgt. That is how d masses are, we all are not prepared to make d move to face those bastards in power. Remember 2Face backed out of a protest he agreed to take part if not lead. And do u know what, the political elite knows that nothing wud ever happen that is y they keep doing what they do even worse. At best, just a weak protest and that is all. When u talk of protests we talk of a shut down of d whole nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by smartnero24(m): 6:41am On Aug 18, 2017
Obasanjo should go and rest abeg!! We have had enough of rants like he's a saint. When he was bribing the law makers to achieve his 3rd agenda he didn't know they were unarmed thieves.

OBJ is one of the many problems we have in this country
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Nackzy: 6:55am On Aug 18, 2017
Obasanjo is the father of unarmed Arm robbers, Gang Leader, Third term presidential Aspirant, Enemy of State, Obasanjo is a Devil....the present nigerian state is like dis because of his selfish interest, hate and wickedness....imagine someone that is agitating for Heaven...Nonsene
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Emperor002: 6:57am On Aug 18, 2017
people people people who d fucking hell are d people we nigerians allow d wealth of d nation to b sheared by a very thieves but obasanjo shot ur mouth u are d grandfada of corruption u brought in corruption into the national assembly
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by coputa(m): 6:59am On Aug 18, 2017
Nigeria problem began when the youths saw those that went into politics living large with stolen monies.So there is the general believe that it's a licensed place to loot,hence the desperate rush and struggle to go in there.That's why you see one generation of looters trying to outdo the other.In all this scramble for ill gotten wealth they all forgot the goose that is laying the golden eggs(The economy).The only solution to Nigeria problem is a thunderous heart breaking revolution to chase these idiots out of power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by freeay: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2017
OBJ says our lawmakers are thieves and he'll keep on attacking them. Nairalanders say OBJ is a bigger thief hence the looting should continue.Say na like this we go day day? #OURMUMUNEVADO.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Bgorgeous: 7:06am On Aug 18, 2017
Very true sir
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by fatherjesse(m): 7:14am On Aug 18, 2017
Naijacost22:
Chief Thief and Head Monkey of the South West.
First off you are an IDIOT,
Second you are o criminal and Thief,
Third you are a randy bastard sleeping with your daughter in-law and
finally you are too Stupid to say any thing.
Obasanjo you need to shut-up somewhere remain there and die like all the people you killed. Idiot man
Why all these Insults on an elderly man? What he's saying, is it not the truth?
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Meritocracy: 7:17am On Aug 18, 2017
clarocuzioo:
True, obasanjo said the plain truth, but am also concerned it's coming from another thief, and I ask myself " Is there honour among thieves??
Which true, with due respect Obasanjo is not the right person to be vomiting this rubbish because he was the first President after military who suppose to put house in order but totally failed us. He should rather publicly beg Nigerian for his failures before its too late, he should be blamed for where we found ourselves today. Starting from do or die election, imposition of election winners on inec before Yaradua made amendment, billion dollars spent on power without results and failed to probe single person. Infact he's complaining on what he caused and must beg us for forgiveness. We deserve apology from OBJ.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by McGg: 7:18am On Aug 18, 2017
talebearer123:

But one is blacker than the other. The less black has the right to call the blacker black.

My take though grin

and you think obj is in a position to call them black when he's the creator of all blackened element in the country
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Nigeriadondie: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2017
NaijaElba:

God bless u too

You have said it all. God bless you!
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by AJJ17(m): 7:54am On Aug 18, 2017
People are quick to forget the achievements of Obasanjo during his tenure, from people he appointed into key positions (mostly non Yorubas) and dey did well, debt relief, banking sector reform, stock exchange, education (from salaries of lecturers),fighting corruption, health sector despite the fact that we earned little from oil as compared to other regimes ..Even to his succession plan... Yes he had his mistakes but not has bad as what is going on now. True Obasanjo not a Saint but he's a better devil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Max24: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2017
2017 Sample comparison
National Assembly budget- #125B
Population - 468 members
Ratio - #267m/member/year
Ekiti 2017 budget - #93B
Ekiti population - 2.3mllion
Ratio - #40,434/citizen/year
Imo budget - #102B
Imo population - 3.93million
Ratio - #25,954/citizen/year
Gombe budget - #69B
Gombe population - 2.35million
Ratio - #29,361/citizen/year
The NASS is one of the major cankerworms eating Nigerians destiny. Do away with them and we have light, good roads, quality schools, standard health facilities, etc.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Moganajoe: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2017
clarocuzioo:
True, obasanjo said the plain truth, but am also concerned it's coming from another thief, and I ask myself " Is there honour among thieves??

And i also say to myself, we need someone like OBJ to tell us the truth. I dont care how corrupt he is. Again, 'I asked myself' since the issue of padding was realed by suspended member, what has been done??

They said it's normal coz the practise (padding) has there for a long time. Therefore, is normal
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Max24: 8:50am On Aug 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
shocked In as much as I hate Obasanjo cos he is not any better, u can't just dicard his message. The national assembly members are the greatest enemies of this doomed nation of Nigeria. They are the ones that ve arrested the progress of this doomed nation and mortgage its future,that is if Nigeria ever had a future. With rogues as lawmakers, such a country can never be better than Yemen or Somalia. Even Syria at war is far better than Nigeria.

When u have animalistic and questionable character making laws, you can expect that there can never be any meaningful war against corruption cos they would enact laws that would pamper rather than fight corruption. Hence with weak laws and a corrupt judiciary one can see why EFCC can never be able to prosecute a single corrupt public office holder. It is for this reason I laugh when people wrongly attack the EFCC when they have their hands tied. Recall that when Bode George stole billions he got a mere 2 years in prison. When u ve such laws,myou pamper corruption. In other words, corruption pays afterall if it takes mere 2 years in jail to make billions then it is worth it afterall no one would make such money if you're free doing legitimate business.

If the national assembly gets so much in allowances and also get constituency allowances with which they claim to execute constituency projects which they never execute, you can imagine how these rogues are bleeding the economy. With the millions they get every quarter for constituency projects they would come and build toilets, sink borehole with bold inscription of their names on d projects for which they took so much and spent so little.

If the national assembly gets money to finance projects in their constituencies, then it is logical never to blame the executive alone for the infrastructural decay in this doomed nation. Also, because they are thieves, there are no measures or some form of audit of the monies they earn and spend on the so-called constituency projects.

By the way, the national assembly never finances projects but to make laws. That is d function of the executive but now that the legislature gets constituency projects, then it is logical for the judiciary as an arm of the government to get monies for constituency projects as well.
For them, it is business and they are out to make profit. The link below says it all.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senators-reps-lament-we-re-not-recouping-campaign-spending/170440.html

When the likes of Saraki who was receiving pension from Kwara state govt as ex-governor while serving as a senator could come out to say he has stopped receiving his pension due to outcries and has not deemed it fit to deliberate on this isssue with his colleagues and enact laws on this issue then u can imagine how doomed such a nation is to ve such individual as it topmost lawmaker. Or what of roadside thugs like Dino Melaye flaunting ill gotten wealth, ex governors who looted their state treasuries like TA Orji, Danjuma Goje, Bukar Ibrahim among others making laws, such a country would remain doomed.

A bicamaral legislature is too expensive that countries like Ghana and Senegal had to do away with it why cant we if not for the greed of a few and the docile masses divided by ethnicity and religion that allows such nonsense to fester.

Because these rogues have so much money to throw away that is why the likes of Saraki could employ as much as nearly 300 aides to what only God knows. Even many rich industralized nation cannot afford the size and cost of the Nigerian legislature.

If the national assembly was reduced and we have a unicamaral legislature, nothing like constituency allowances, reduced pay for lawmakers and strong laws to fight corruption perharps the death penalty as it is in China, you can imagine the monies available for capital projects which is a key driver of the economic activities, job creation and wealth distribution. But sadly the wealth is only for a few and a thief would never shoot himself in the foot by enacting strong laws against stealing. So never expect anything good from these robbers including that useless Ben Bruce with his empty common sense rants and that hypocritical Shehu Sani who can only boast of empowering his constituents with camels and radios.

Nigeria has no future, no hope and is heading indefinitely to the rocks. Even the Devil has more hope of making heaven than for this doomed nation to ever sniff progress and development. Nigeria is a disgrace to the black race. It is hopeless far beyond redemption.
Bro, u have said it all. Nigerians are dummies. They leave the message and start attacking the messengers. Obasanjo just said what many former Presidents are afraid to say and yet they are condemning him. Tired of this country!!!
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Max24: 8:57am On Aug 18, 2017
slivertongue:
baba u aided them in ur days
And so they should continue stealing? Who bears the brunt at the end of the day? - you and I.Corruption must be roundly condemned by all not tolerated.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Max24: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Obasanjo has forgotten so soon he initiated them into Armed Robbery when he started when started bribing them and offering them bogus allowances just for them to endorse his unpopular and selfish agendas
So, because Obasanjo initiated them they should continue stealing? See the difference in a black mans thinking and a white man and yet he wants things to change. Does it matter who accuses the legislooters? Even if Satan accuses them I will join him in condemning them because I want a change.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by surgical: 9:31am On Aug 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Obasanjo has forgotten so soon he initiated them into Armed Robbery when he started when started bribing them and offering them bogus allowances just for them to endorse his unpopular and selfish agendas
He is still pained by the defeat of his third time/ life time agenda, he still secretly wish he is in power.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by clarocuzioo(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2017
Moganajoe:

And i also say to myself, we need someone like OBJ to tell us the truth. I dont care how corrupt he is. Again, 'I asked myself' since the issue of padding was realed by suspended member, what has been done??

They said it's normal coz the practise (padding) has there for a long time. Therefore, is normal

What he's saying is not a new thing, we were already saying it even when he brought money to the floor for them to do his bidding, we have been saying it since then and he refused to address the situation then even though he was in a position to do that, he's only collaborating what we already know and have been saying because his interest does not align with theirs anymore.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by 989900: 9:52am On Aug 18, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
oloshious fellow, why don't you at least commend the repentant theif at least....what has made you so cynical?

Od'oyo . . . comprehension is your problem.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Max24: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2017
Can someone educate me on what the National Assembly of 468 members need #125B for in their 2017 budget.Let's compare their budget to Ekiti State.

NASS budget - #125B Members - 468.
Ekiti budget - #93B Population - 2.3million.

What does Ekiti spend the #93B on ?

Does it pay Fayoses salary and his aides - Yes
Does it pay commissioners salary and aides - Yes
Does it pay state lawmakers salary - yes
Does it pay Judiciary workers - Yes
Does it pay for road construction - Yes
Does it pay teachers salaries - Yes
Does it pay salary of Profs in state univ. - Yes
Does it pay health workers salary - Yes

What does NASS spend #125 B on ?

Does it pay their salaries and aides' - Yes
Do they construct roads with it - No
Do they pay teachers salaries - No
Do they pay health workers salaries - No
Do they pay judges salaries - No
Do they pay salary of Profs in Fed univ. - No

Question : what exactly does NASS spend #125B on outside their salaries and allowances ?
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by sorry1(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2017
he himself is more thief than all of them...always excluding himself from d mismanagement of nigerian leaderz

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by slivertongue: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2017
Max24:

And so they should continue stealing? Who bears the brunt at the end of the day? - you and I.Corruption must be roundly condemned by all not tolerated.

ur spot on
obj's penchant for calling others names even wen he is guilty is my worry not dat i support those kleptocrats in d NASS
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by DJInfluence: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
This guy is still bitter for the failed 3rd term.

But he spoke the truth... they are armless robbers.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by juman(m): 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
Miraxzeebility:
Anini calling Shini Rambo a thief. Thief call thief thief.

Abi.
He is bigger thief.
Obasanjo the Baba money laundering.
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by juman(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
A person like obasanjo deserve to be in long term jail period for his deliberate destruction of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by COCKCROW: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
This is just a distraction from the distracted man. This noise about corruption is also a distraction on its own. The salient question is who is corrupt and how do we establish who is corrupt, where many are living above their source of income. Except when and where every man or woman source of income runs parallel to total expenditure and the law enforce court inclusive will be objective and fair enough. Noooo!! it is impossible to fight corruption in the real essence in the zoo.
The workable weapon to fight corruption is to fight against injustice, unfairness and marginalization; not considering people based on religion, tribe or place of birth. And the zoo can't do this.
This year JAMB Examination result 33% passed while 55% failed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest Hoodlums With Weapons In Ogun / Suspected IPOB Gunmen Abduct Retired Major General In Imo State / Ezekwesili Condemns Obanikoro's Ministerial Screening, Fayose Congratulates Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.