Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo (24045 Views)

Sagay: APC, PDP Lawmakers Are United When It Comes To Sharing Money / The Cowardly Nigerian Army Killing Shiites Because They Are Unarmed / Defected Lawmakers Are Like Malaria Parasites In APC’s Body – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by lexini: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
not forgetting the humongous bribe for his 'failed' third term bid!!

OBJ is a joker!!

SalamRushdie:
Obasanjo has forgotten so soon he initiated them into Armed Robbery when he started when started bribing them and offering them bogus allowances just for them to endorse his unpopular and selfish agendas
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Moorish: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Which youths? Cos the Nigerian youths I know of are not prepared to do so. Also, we Nigerians have a way of betraying each other.
I would relate to u an instance while revolution can never happen when u ve a docile populace divided along ethnic and religious lines. U could see that when Charly boy led "resume or resign protest, it was disrupted by persons from a section of the country. When a political officer holder steals, he gets support from people from the same part of the country rising tonhis defence.
Also, just like where I worked before, we had a very bad and exploitative management and all d workers agreed to lay our complaints. We were to gather for a meeting and at d end of it agreement was reached that all junior staff wud be present on d D-Day. Could u imagine , d ones that often complains d most backed off, a few others were walking behind and never wanted their faces to be identified before d management as being in against d mgt. That is how d masses are, we all are not prepared to make d move to face those bastards in power. Remember 2Face backed out of a protest he agreed to take part if not lead. And do u know what, the political elite knows that nothing wud ever happen that is y they keep doing what they do even worse. At best, just a weak protest and that is all. When u talk of protests we talk of a shut down of d whole nation.

It seems like you have lost all hope bro.. we must believe we can change things
Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Nigeriadondie: 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Moorish:

It seems like you have lost all hope bro.. we must believe we can change things
Before things went even this bad, I had forseen the future of this doomed nation many years back.
You sound idealistic not realistic.
Look, even the politicians know that there is no hope. They dont have hope in d country they govern themselves.
If u ve seen my previous comments I ve consistently given reasons for the hopeless situation in Nigeria. U can not do same thing over and over again and expect a different outcome. No hope bro lets face the fact.
Above all we blacks ve a problem. Angola so rich in oil yet corrupt. When the blacks took over from d whites in Former Rhodesia now Zimbabwe it was a prosperous nation. South Africa is what it is cos of d white minority.
I am igbo and to some extent want d disintegration of Nigeria but I fear that many problems in Nigeria wud still happen in Biafra. Look at South Sudan even after it broke away from Sudan in the north.
No hope for Nigeria and Africa at large.
Look at how thousands risk their lives daily on d Mediterranean to cross into Europe.

I strongly recommend that Nigeria and all African countries should become an oversea territory of the US and progressive western countries especially the Scandanavian countries. They ve the best form of govt far more than the US and UK

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Nigeriadondie: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
Max24:
2017 Sample comparison
National Assembly budget- #125B
Population - 468 members
Ratio - #267m/member/year
Ekiti 2017 budget - #93B
Ekiti population - 2.3mllion
Ratio - #40,434/citizen/year
Imo budget - #102B
Imo population - 3.93million
Ratio - #25,954/citizen/year
Gombe budget - #69B
Gombe population - 2.35million
Ratio - #29,361/citizen/year
The NASS is one of the major cankerworms eating Nigerians destiny. Do away with them and we have light, good roads, quality schools, standard health facilities, etc.
Exactly what I ve been saying. They are a huge financial burden to this doomed nation.
No hope bro

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo by Tenny05(m): 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Obasanjo has forgotten so soon he initiated them into Armed Robbery when he started when started bribing them and offering them bogus allowances just for them to endorse his unpopular and selfish agendas
Benita, where have you been?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Set To Travel To UK For Annual Leave / Why Some Nigerians Finance Terrorism – Buhari / Six Major Unresolved Crises That May Destroy APC's Chances In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.