Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders (24385 Views)

IPOB Members Mock Nigeria As They Declare No 2019 Election (Photos) / No Restructuring, No Nigeria, Niger Delta Elders To FG / "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by orisa37: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
I never thought this very good resolution can happen so soon. Restructuring is the solution.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by orisa37: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
This Resolution is hereby AUTHORISED AND APPROVED by God.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
dallyemmy:
What is restructuring?

Restructuring is the corporate management term for the act of reorganizing the legal, ownership, operational, or other structures of a company for the purpose of making it more profitable, or better organized for its present needs. Other reasons for restructuring include a change of ownership or ownership structure, demerger, or a response to a crisis or major change in the business such as bankruptcy, repositioning, or buyout. Restructuring may also be described as corporate restructuring, debt restructuring and financial restructuring.

restructure
riːˈstrʌktʃə/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: restructuring
organize differently.
"a plan to strengthen and restructure the EC"
FINANCE
convert (the debt of a business in difficulty) into another kind of debt, typically one that is repayable at a later time.
"shareholders and creditors agreed to restructure debts and payment schedules"
That's federalism bro! restructuring is a political language let's hit the nail on the head!
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by discusant: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
juman:
In short, what the koko of the restructuring is bring more money from the northern share and join it to the southern share.

The restructuring add no value to the country.
You are most deceptive. Restructuring is about democratically fashion out a political structure and governace system favourable and acceptable to most of the ethnic groups in Nigeria, so as to bring harmonious relationship among the groups to enable rapid development in Nigeria. Without harmony, Nigeria's development gets stalled. Between 1966 and 1996, your northern kin in military uniform presided over political restructuring of Nigeria through which Nigeria was practically handed over to northern Nigeria's political class.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Elliot2(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
sarrki:

Bros did you notice that

Ipob miscreants are everywhere ?
i laugh at those of you who think there is nothing wrong with the system of things in this country. nigeria is not practising federalism.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by PenSniper: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
guterMann:
No restructuring no election-Southern leaders.

No referendum no election-Nnamdi Kanu

I thought haters said that the call to boycott elections is a treasonable offense?

Sentiments have a way of clogging people's reasoning

Well as for me,referendum is the way to go,the foundation of Nigeria is faulty and irredeemable.

Nigeria was not created for Nigerians but for the imperial powers,though the imperialists kept Nigeria in the custody of the Hausa Fulani

THE SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

Always use your brain to comment.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by positivetaught: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
I'm for restructuring but not the radical form that is likely to cause more confusion than good,rather let's make it simple by accepting the States as federating units with a provision to create more where necessary, adopt rotational political leadership at all levels,devolve more powers to the States,increase derivation to 25% for any extractive mineral in any state, adopt a unified legal code carefully drown to accommodate all interests,simplify constitutional amendment procedure to just a vote by 70% mathematically of the total actual number of the national assembly which should be unicameral of nine members per state (by splitting each senatorial zone into 3),the national assembly should be call the Congress n elected members called congressor,let religion be separated from state affairs,let's clearly define indegineship or eliminate completely n replace it with registered state of residence etc,the north is very sceptical of restructuring but the south too are been too aggressive in it's demand but ordinarily restructuring is good for all of us.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by maxiflexy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
Elbowroom:

You are staying trash stop people contradicting yourself
RIP ENGLISH

1 Share

Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by maxiflexy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
emajoe:
"Prominent leaders from the Southern part of the country yesterday said without restructuring and devolution of powers, there may be no general election in 2019.
This formed part of the discussion held at a colloquium on restructuring organised by the Island Club, Lagos."

The colloquium titled ‘Restructuring: Challenges, implications and the way forward’, was attended by prominent leaders in the South West, South East, South South and the North.

From the emboldened:
OP why didn't you say leaders from:
>Nigeria,
>North,
>South or
NORTH and SOUTH?

Can you tell yourself why your style of description without habouring a kind of sentiment as to which geopolitical zone are/not united?
Let's keep Nigeria one.
my Guy na so I copy am new
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by darlinsval(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
Pls we need serious lecturing on restructuring. Because restructuring means different tin to different people.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by CaptainFM1: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
ProWalker:
I also want Nigeria restructured, but I'm not too comfortable with the present apostles of restructuring.

Why not support disintegration? No be by force to live together. This marriage has never worked and it will never work no matter how we try to spice it up with "Sugarcoated restructuring"
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by femolii: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
God bless Nnamdi Kanu for giving this old men a voice.
Without Nnamdi Kanu, this would not have come to the table for dicuss.

He is the voice of the opressed.
Afonja wether youu like it or not, Nigeria will change for good.
It takes a strong and fearless leader to do what this man is doing.
Risking his life to set all free.

Its not all about lpob.
Ipob is a tool to liberate the opressed who are afraid of the Fulani/ hausa hegimony
Osu there.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Elliot2(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

I sincerely dont like the way Nnamdi kanu operates sometimes
u don't need to like it! it is fallacious to attack him without appreciating the message. instead of antagonising him, proffer ur own solutions. remember ken saro wiwa was killed for peaceful protests against injustices.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by femolii: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
chairman010:

bros
why is it that every opinion that runs counter to your own is from IPOB and why must you rush to bring IPOB into every other thread? tell yourself why NNAMDI KANU and IPOB are getting you so frustrated
What about the people nnamdi cowno hate speeches.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by desmond2pk: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
Northerners are not stupid. They know our weak point. They will just offer tinubu the presidency or vice like did to awo in 1967, and yorubas will change tune.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by femolii: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
chairman010:

bros
why is it that every opinion that runs counter to your own is from IPOB and why must you rush to bring IPOB into every other thread? tell yourself why NNAMDI KANU and IPOB are getting you so frustrated
What about the nnamdi cowno hate speeches
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Splashme: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
limeta:
Sarrki many people dey curse you shar
God will hear them one day if you no change

1 Like

Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Balaku001(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
hmm
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Koolking(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
Saintp:

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and again and expecting a different result. We have practiced this current system long enough to see that it is not working.
We have seen transformation regime, CHANGE regime and they are nothing but beautiful nonsense.
The probability of getting Nigeria of our dreams even in a restructured or regionalized system is still not higher than 25% because blacks over and over again have shown they lack capacity to solve problems. But then even a 5% progress will be better than what we have now. At least there would be no cry of marginalization and seccession because power will be to the people. So restructuring remains the only way to salvage this country

The same cycle of people with 'only me mindset' who don't allow the system to work, aren't they same cycle that would lead the re-structured regions? Or are we rooting for Angels to take over the re-structured regions?

Sir, If you and I (all of us) have decided to make Nigeria work, Nigeria will work, but if we don't, the re-structured regions will still harbour us and our different self-aspirations and interests. In-fighting will be the bane of development.

Is Lagos not in Nigeria under Nigeria as an enclave? What stops other states or regions from attaining the same status as Lagos in Nigeria?

If we learn to put national interest above our selfish interest, things will work, Sir. We don't have to re-structure or Biafra-ed Nigeria believing then would things work.

Long Live Nigeria!

Peace
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by donjahsy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

I sincerely dont like the way Nnamdi kanu operates sometimes
I agree with you but on a second thought, I think if he doesn't operate the way he does, the powers that be might suppress him.

I think he is putting fears in the powers that be.

he is attacking them instead of allowing them attack him first.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by discusant: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
chairman010:

bros
because Sarrki, like other northern and some SW Mozlems want Nigeria, entire Nigeria, for a future Islamic Republic of Nigeria. It shall not take too many more years for Nigeria to become an Islamic Republic if this political and governance structure of Nigeria remains.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by ExInferis(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
Amarabae:
this blackmail tactics is outdated.
Get ready for the harsh reality.

Lols at you and your pathetic delusion.

We're ready for you fukkers night and day.

Useless whiners.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
No referendum no Nigeria.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by ProWalker: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
CaptainFM1:

Why not support disintegration? No be by force to live together. This marriage has never worked and it will never work no matter how we try to spice it up with "Sugarcoated restructuring"

100% in support, I'm a more avid supporter than you are.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Saintp(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Koolking:

The same cycle of people with 'only me mindset' who don't allow the system to work, aren't they same cycle that would lead the re-structured regions? Or are we rooting for Angels to take over the re-structured regions?

Sir, If you and I (all of us) have decided to make Nigeria work, Nigeria will work, but if we don't, the re-structured regions will still have harboured us and our different self-aspirations and interests. In-fighting will be the bane of development.

Is Lagos not in Nigeria under Nigeria as an enclave? What stops other states or regions from attaining the same status as Lagos in Nigeria?

If we learn to put national interest above our selfish interest, things will work, Sir. We don't have to re-structured or Biafra-ed Nigeria believing then would things work.

Long Live Nigeria!

Peace

I agree with you. What you are saying would have been the solution in an "Ideal Situation " but you and I know Nigeria can never get to that level no matter what you preach.
So instead of wasting our time preaching the impossible, is it not better we try something different? At least it is not as if we are risking anything, the country is already stagnant so why should we fear the worse.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by ExInferis(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Moorish:

Bro, fossil based energy is still cheaper and more efficient than renewables. That is why I think we should harness what we have for now

Just like the Alternating current vs direct current war between Tesla and faraday. Direct current is safer and modern but alternating current won because of price and efficiency.

I do agree we should adopt cleaner systems but we have to harness our fossil base first. Europe did it, America and Asia did it, and they reaped the benefits. Why shouldn't we ? Must we suffer?

I don't disagree with you.

But like i said earlier every time the ND talks about oil, they don't mean it as a resource to be harnessed for economic and industrial growth. Rather, they talk about its commoditization.

The militants and activists fight not against pollution or industrialization, but for a bigger slice of cheese from the oily cash cow.

When GEJ settled the Asaris and Ankio Briggs and Tompolos....didn't they get stupendous wealth and the expected silence that sold out their folks?

There's dishonesty in full display here from the self-styled activists for resource control. All everyone wants is the power to blackmail the rest of the country, and the means to make tons of money for self gratification.

When we start the national discourse on truly harnessing our resources for real growth and not self enrichment, then will i partake in the conversation without a healthy dose of cynicism.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by CosmicJames(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

Curses can't work because:

John 8:7: Jesus said. Those without sin should cast the first stone.
Not so fast. The curse will surely work because sin is different from curse.

Is already working on PMB. The people are hungry and suffering. All most people do every day is to curse PMB and is working.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by MichaelUweh(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
In restructuring I STAND, We STAND!!!... If Nigeria is restructured, we can compete with countries like United State, Japan, China, Italy, Germany etc in the nearest future...I hereby appeal to all Nigerian youths to wake up and support RESTRUCTURING .............
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by einsteine(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
Threats and threats and threats.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by lyricalz: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
some Igbos don't want restructuring, they want biafra , thinking south south will follow them because of oil. They better wake up from their dreams and support restructuring. By the year 2025 countries in Europe and american will place a ban on oil powered vehicles and switch to electric ones, then real hunger will be on the land. Now its the time to restructure, to prepare ahead when oil will no longer be relevant, then I expect all states to be financially okay from her own resources. If we don't restructure now, it will be too late later.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Reference(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
if does not act they way he is acting , Nigeria will not shake the way it is shaking. Nigeian government will continue their business as usal. Dont condemn the young man, every region should tow his part and see how great Nigeria will be again. Let us support him by clamouring for seccession in all the southern part untill the north come to negotiation table.

Hmm...yeah...you cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs....happens everywhere in the world.
Re: No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders by Blizzy9ja: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
limeta:
Sarrki many people dey curse you shar
God will hear them one day if you no change
Sarrki is a beneficiary of the fraudulent and parasitic relationship between the north and the south that is why he's always afraid of gatherings like this.

He will maintain a deafening silence on topics like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: NLC, Falana Back Peter Obi As Labour Party’s Presidential Candidate / Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police / 19 Militants Held As NAF Jets Destroy Four Camps In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.