Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

INEC: What Is Wrong With This Voters' Card-(picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC: What Is Wrong With This Voters' Card-(picture) (1070 Views)

Look At This Voters' Card Issued To An Under Age Person In Niger State / Osun Rerun: PDP Calls For Cancellation Of Election, Tells INEC What To Do / Is This Voters Apathy In Anambra Election Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC: What Is Wrong With This Voters' Card-(picture) by inforesource: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2017
I am greatly burdened by the way we execute important things in this country. I decided to publish this particular post because I have come across this type of Voter's Card recently in my office and it is becoming too much.

I run an ICT Centre and I have a business centre at the front of that same office. Recently people have been coming to laminate their voter's card there and I wondered why such. Most importantly, what raises my curiosity was the color of the Temporary voter's card. Then I decided to ask one of them why they were bringing the stuff to a business centre for lamination and why the Card colour looks like this. I was shocked that they were asked to pay a certain amount to laminate the card in the Registration Centre. To even make the matter worst, they will have to queue for it as well, or you can as well "Tip" a security officer there to help you fasten the process.

My problem is not the "Tip" but the way the Temporary Voter's Card Registration is handled. Are these Agencies serious at all? How can they make use of printer that run out of ink? Is there no provision for ink replacement? To make the matter worst, the way some of the passports are taken is even laughable. Someone will be looking up or sideways and they will still snap you and print this rubbish. Ain't they know how important this is? INEC needs to sit up and know that Nigerians will not take any excuse from them if they fail to execute the next election freely and fairly. We will not accept any form of failure from INEC.

When are we going to do things the right way and with purpose? This Nation is still struggling with National Database, and the avenue to create one is being mishandled.

May God help us!

Re: INEC: What Is Wrong With This Voters' Card-(picture) by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2017
JONATHAN'S era would have made these voters card to be more appreciated, because Education and people with education were in power during GEJ'S era. "but now that people that graduated in primary six are now holding political offices and people that get married to 10years old children are in power. What do you expect?
Re: INEC: What Is Wrong With This Voters' Card-(picture) by Nogodye(m): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
JONATHAN'S era would have made these voters card to be more appreciated, because Education and people with education were in power during GEJ'S era. "but now that people that graduated in primary six are now holding political offices and people that get married to 10years old children are in power. What do you expect?

Get sense now..Not every temporary voter's card are like this.its an error from the machine used or so
Re: INEC: What Is Wrong With This Voters' Card-(picture) by inforesource: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
I never said all Voters Card are like this. My point is that the moment the operator of that machine noticed that the printer(s) has run out of ink, the best thing to do is to stop the process and refill the printer, that is if they don't have a backup which shouldn't be the case. Don't you know the important of that card? When something is wrong, it is wrong. Do not try to justify something wrong. I came across many of that card recently in my office. Some of them you can't even see the faces of the person on the Card due to poor capture and printout.

INEC should make sure they reprint these cards if not, they holders will not be able to make use of them.

Nogodye:

Get sense now..Not every temporary voter's card are like this.its an error from the machine used or so

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Express Their Discontentment With Buhari's Administration / End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. / How Dstv Bribes National Assembly Members Every Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.